5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous tale of a snail and a whale
Although my daughter is only 11 months old she just loves having this gorgeous story read to her and can spend ages turning the pages of her board book version.

For me, it is an absolute delight to read and look at, and difficult to decide which is more enchanting - the words or the illustrations.

Her other favourite is the Gruffalo and she has...
Published on 7 April 2007 by Gael

3.0 out of 5 stars Very slow
Not my favourite book,its quite long and a little bit boring.
It is not as involving as other Julia Donaldson books.
Published 1 month ago by lolapops

‹ Previous | 131 32 3346 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Snail and the Whale, 27 July 2010
Another excellent story from Julia Donaldson - perfect for reading to my grandchildren ( 4 and 2 ) - who enjoyed the flowing words and interesting pictures telling the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, lovely illustrations, 16 May 2010
Another fantastic book from the Donaldson/Scheffler team. Toddlers love to have the same books read to them again and again, this kind of book is a god send to weary parents, cos it's definitely one you won't get bored of reading out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 2 Jan 2010
love this book, its a great book to read at bedtime, my 2 never get tired of it, great condition, keenly priced and fast delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 25 Aug 2014
Michael Kirwan (Greystones, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Daughter had great fun with the activities while we were on holidays recently. The story is lovely and is a pleasure to read! As with any Donaldson/Sheiffer book, there are common themes and cameo appearances in the illustrations, so it's always fun to try find them as you read along...

5.0 out of 5 stars I ended up buying a few more and have since given these as gifts when visiting friends and they all love it. Books are great gif, 12 Sep 2014
Kasey J "Kc J" (Australia/London) - See all my reviews
paid about £3.50 for this and it is well worth the money, I ended up buying a few more and have since given these as gifts when visiting friends and they all love it. Books are great gifts for children, get them looking at pics and reading from the time they can focus I always say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading fun!, 14 April 2010
I. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
Julia ans Axle have done it again - another fantastic story book for kids. My 2.5year old loves it and I think I could recite the story of by heart now - I have been asked to read it so many times and its one story I don't get bored of either!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my absolute favourite children's book, 10 Sep 2014
This is my absolute favourite children's book. My son is probably a little young to understand the message - that no matter how small you are you can still make a difference (he's not quite 2) but it's still selected regularly a bedtime read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great used 1p book, 20 July 2014
great book my son age 5 loves it as he reads the book at school. the book is usedbut still a great book my son could not tell it was used great buy for 1p. would buy from seller again. fast delivery also came within a few days of payment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 13 April 2008
J. Mitchell (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
My son and I read this book every day. Actually, that's a lie - I have read it so many times I actually know it off by heart so I recite it to him every day!! Dylan and I both choose this as our favourite (children's) book. We love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who like a longer story!, 24 Nov 2014
Trying to find picture books with a bit more story for that inbetween age where they've outgrown their baby books and aren't ready for a chapter book, this book fills the gap nicely. And the story is so very very sweet.

‹ Previous | 131 32 3346 | Next ›

The Snail and the Whale
The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson (Audio CD - 3 Sep 2004)