5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
I was worried that my two year old would not understand this book as some of the words were beyond his understanding. I worried for no reason. My son absolutely loves this book and requests it every night without fail! The storyline is simple, nice and encourages sharing and friendliness (all the things that you want your children to learn). The illustrations are...
Published on 16 Aug 2004 by amandajp

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty ordinary
Not too good this one. There isn't really much of an ending, it just peters out, and the language is clunky too. My son gets bored. Buy any of the other Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffer books instead - "Tiddler" and "The Snail and the Whale" are our favourites.
Published on 13 Nov 2010 by Thomas Hall

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a book? Get this one!, 29 Nov 2008
We have a selection of books by this author, but if I had a £1 for time I've had to read this to my little girl then I would be very well off! It's quirky and fun to read, has excellent illustration and language use as well as a good moral to the story. The kids adore it. We adore it. Be warned: if you get this book, expect to be reading it night after night for a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book from this author, 14 April 2009
Mrs. S. Steel (Essex) - See all my reviews
What a delightful book. Enjoyed by both my 2.5 year old son and his mum ! Highly recommended and even better in this boardbook format, very resilient.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super book !, 5 May 2006
Mrs. R. Godden (Kent) - See all my reviews
My little girl, who is not yet 2 but absolutely loves this book, I ofter have to read it twice !

4.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN THE GRUFFALO!, 26 Jan 2004
By A Customer
I read to my son all the time and this is one of my favorite books and his too. The Gruffalo was sweet but this story has much more to offer, the kind giant feels bad becuase he is not as smart as the others, but he would literally give the shirt off his back to help others - and that's much more important. Reminds us of another kind and humble man in a robe and sandels! Told beautifully with a gentle rhyme! A must for every pre-schooler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Striking narrative and illustrations., 26 May 2008
Humpty Dumpty (Wall St, Upton Snodsbury) - See all my reviews
Zany story and zany, funny ills combine to make a really good package for young children at storytime. The ills combine a striking ability to make a simple statement while being quite detailed. The verses and letter that make part of the narative add variety.

Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Smartest Giant In Town, 7 Aug 2008
The Smartest Giant in Town
My 3 year old son loves this story, he will request it again and again and it always holds his attention and he will listen intently. I have noticed he will attempt to read the story to himself assisted by the colourful images.
For those who liked the Gruffalo this is another fantastic childrens story by Julia Donaldson and is well worth having in your child's collection; From an adult prespective its also enjoyable to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Julia Donaldson book, 6 April 2010
Ms. C. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
As with all of Julia Donaldson's books, this is another brilliant book. My 3 year old daughter absolutely loves this book. It doesn't rhyme like some of her other books (The Gruffalo, etc...) but is still a great book. It has a nice story to it which teaches kids about sharing and giving away items to someone who is more needy of that item.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Read, 17 Feb 2009
Tacy Brooke (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
My grandson would listen to this book for hours and he is only 26 months old. He loves the pictures as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Mar 2014
I don't like this book. We have quite a collection of Julia Donaldson books now but this one stays on the shelf. It doesn't rhyme like the other books and the story is a bit boring. my 2 year old and 3 year old never ask for this one.
Buy Room on the broom, stick man, zog or any of the other titles but not this one

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of Julia Donaldson's best!, 9 Feb 2014
This book is okay. It is not amazing like many of her other books but nor is it awful. It is a little too repetitive and I prefer books that rhyme all the way through (e.g. Gruffalo). The illustrations are nice and I like the message of being kind.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

The Smartest Giant in Town
The Smartest Giant in Town by Julia Donaldson (Audio CD - 3 Sep 2004)