Format: Board book|Change

on 25 October 2006
I got this book out of the library at first but just had to buy my own copy. It is funny, apt and beautifully illustrated, and actually brought tears to my eyes, as it was so poignant at the end. My son loved it too (he is 2),and was required bedtime reading.
on 24 November 2012
I have read this to my baby since she was two months old. It grabs her attention with the fast pace and rhythm of the rhyming lines and she, like every other baby, just loves looking at pictures of other babies. It is such a shame it is out of print, but well worth buying a used copy.
on 25 September 2011
Possibly with that universal mantra - "no two babies are alike" - ringing in her ears, Ros Asquith brings us a delightful showcase of babies of all shapes and sizes. With heartwarming illustrations by Sam Williams, this lovely book shows us happy babies, cross babies, bouncy babies, funny babies, wobbly babies, nibbly babies, dribbly babies and more besides! On the last page, there's a mirror, to reveal the baby that is loved the best by the reader.

The narrative is great and the pictures are full of detail, so there's lots to point out along the way, or to look at on your third or fourth reading of the day! I have really enjoyed reading this book with my eighteen-month-old daughter, who loves looking out for all the teddies and toys in the book as well as looking at the babies. A lovely book to share with your favourite baby, or a gorgeous gift for any mum-to-be.

This review refers to the 2004 board book edition.
on 29 October 2007
My daughter and I love this book and have to race each other to get to the last page! Thoroughly recommend.
on 18 August 2013
I love reading this book to my baby.
He likes looking in the mirror on the last page. It's a shame they don't print this anymore
on 8 June 2013
A great book for babies, lots of pictures of other babies and things babies do. Nice pictures and limited words.