Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 7 January 2008
Julia Donaldson has a real flair for rhythms and rhymes and every book we own of hers our 2.5 year old son just adores. Nick Sharratt's illustrations are so colourful and charming that it is a joy to read this book every day which our son insists on every bedtime. I can't recommend it higher...it's just so good. Go out and buy it today!
on 2 June 2010
I bought this book shortly after discovering Julia Donaldson and Nick Sharratt. My son was under a year old at that time. The state that the book is in now (curled up corners and the odd tear) are proof of how much this book has been read and played with during the last year.

The rhymes are short (either 1 page, or over a 2 page spread) and are all designed to have the audience / reader join in with them, whether that is moo-ing like a cow, growing like a tree, blowing birthday candles out or dancing down the street!

Lovely poems, and wonderful illustrations are what you expect from this author - illustrator combination and you won't be disappointed.
on 21 August 2010
This book was bought for my two year old daughter, who gets very bored very easily once she's had books read to her three or four times. This is one she doesn't seem to get bored of. It's well written and the illustrations are lovely. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone with a child with a strong interest in books.
on 3 July 2004
Some of the rhymes will make you wiggle, some will make you roar. Most will make you giggle and all of them you will adore! A book that is easy for grown ups to read with rhymes your listener can join in with. My little one really likes it - but not really good for bedtime!
on 5 April 2011
We seem to have quite a collection now of JD books, every time a new one is released I'm hoping that it's as good as her last and it always is! Our kids (8, 6 & 3yrs old)love this book, would def recommend, they have great fun acting out the rhymes together, usually ending up in a giggling pile on the floor - what more could you ask for?
on 5 April 2011
Lovely rhymes with lots of fun actions and facial expressions to go with them - has the whole fanmily laughing and joining in! Great to travel with as you can just dip into it for immediate entertainment.
on 18 August 2011
My 2yr old loves this book! The rhymes are great to do together and she knows most of them already, she loves to do the actions and it's a really good way to teach her to follow instructions and keeps us both active too - would recommend to anyone with young children
on 8 May 2011
Really good book. Used it with groups of 3 and 4 year olds and they all joined in with the actions and animal noises! Wriggle and Roar is a very appropriate title!
on 20 October 2006
My 11/2 year old son absolutely loves this book. The tickle poem is a special favourite and always makes him laugh. I have to read it to him every day (at least once a day).
on 4 February 2013
I bought this book for my 3 1/2 year old daughter and she loves it!

It keeps her enterained for ages and she loves the silly rhymes and we play out some of them as I read them out.

Highly reccomended, kids will get so much enjotment from this book.