5.0 out of 5 stars A tale of two mice 'Big' & 'Small'.....
....and the Bad Cat!

From the back cover:

'...."Wait for me!"

Small has forgotten to tell Big something important, something that just can't wait!
But will he ever catch up with Big?
And what about that bad old cat?.....'

Large paperback with 24 high quality shiny pages in the popular 2-page spread format...
Published on 15 May 2008 by A Customer of AMAZON-UK!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ian Whybrows books are so sweet...
Great story book a regular at bedtime loved by my daughter and us, wonderful illustrations, good second hand quality and value for money
Published 18 months ago by Sarah Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars A tale of two mice 'Big' & 'Small'....., 15 May 2008
....and the Bad Cat!

From the back cover:

'...."Wait for me!"

But will he ever catch up with Big?
And what about that bad old cat?.....'

Beautifully illustrated in pastels throughout, further enhanced by relevant facial expressions!
Easy-to-follow text, emphasised in places for effect..

Example of text:

'The sun was setting when Big said to Small, "I'm off to fetch supper, but just before I go, tell me the special words again."
Small had the special words ready.

(In italics):

"Bolt the door
and lock it tight,
close the curtains
and turn on the light.
If I do, then I will be
safe where the Bad Cat
can't catch me!"

"Good," said Big. "Now, have we forgotten anything?"
Small didn't think so, so Big said goodbye.
And off he went in a hurry.......'

So Small carries out the commands in the poem.....but then he remembers something VERY important indeed.
However, Big is already too far away to hear him tapping at the window.....and so he decides to go and tell Big, despite the warnings re the Bad Cat!
Big is just one step too far away to hear the voice of Small, and although he does hear the odd 'noise', he carries on his mission, unaware of the presence of the Bad Cat at various points throughout!
But....don't worry......all is well that ends well thanks to the now rather VOCIFEROUS Small, and the mice both return home to enjoy their corn supper at the end of the book!

And with all this excitement, I wonder if you can guess what the mice had actually forgotten?

Super read-with-me story with lots of opportunity to join in!
Younger children enjoy the trepidation and 'spotting' the Bad Cat who is lurking on each page, a paw here or an ear there.......whilst Big is busy searching for supper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, I love you book review, 17 Jan 2010
Susan Proud (midlands uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hey, I Love You! (Paperback)
Great story. We had already read it during library group, so knew it well. The story keeps you hanging on right to the end, will he make it or not? When my 3year old daughter finished the final sentence by saying 'hey, i love you', it melts your heart. Every parent should share this story with their child. When i saw the price being asked for it, it was unbelievable, even with p&p. It arrived within a few days,in immaculate condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ian Whybrows books are so sweet..., 25 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hey, I Love You! (Paperback)
we love this book, really sweet story.

Hey, I Love You!
Hey, I Love You! by Ian Whybrow (Paperback - 17 Jun 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01