5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for NON-NATIVE business students, 17 Feb 2009
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
This is an intermediate to upper intermediate level book for students of English, NOT native speakers. It is extremely good at its job and I have even used it successfully with advanced level students as it uses language and grammar which is totally relevant to the genre of business English for non-natives.

I thoroughly recommend it for any teachers of ESL, although after going through the first, basic chapters, I normally let students choose which of the others are most relevant to them as they can be quite repetitive (not always a bad thing). The exercises are fairly standard (!) but used with a little imagination they can be spiced up and tailored to your individual teaching style. Answers in the back make it possible to be used effectively as a self-study book and there is also excellent online back-up material providing useful practice/homework tasks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for more advanced business English learners, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
I'm very pleased with this book. I have found it very useful for teaching more advanced foreign students. The chapters are broken up into logical chunks and there are chapters dealing with various areas of industry and commerce.

* Just hope the "English Grammar Police" aren't patrolling my review hunting for mistakes as in one of the other reviews wot I red!

5.0 out of 5 stars Email English, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
I found this booklet really useful, it has helped me a lot with my written emails at work and I will continue to use it for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Referred to as our 'bible' - fantastic book, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
Recommend this book 100%.
Have used it with many levels of non-English speaking students (once you know the book, you know there's a couple of sections to skip if you're teaching lower level English students) and I find it a good authority on the language used in emails.
With Intermediate (and upwards) students, it's worth going through it methodically from start to finish.
Bad email error habits are notoriously difficult to break, especially in an international work environment when students often receive emails from other non-native speaking countries that are riddled with mistakes (I'm attached / look forward to see you / your kindly email etc).
The repetition of language used finally hits home when worked through systematically.
Units are clearly laid out, easy to follow and, despite having used it for many years now, the content is still completely relevant.
A fantastic book, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
I'm an English teacher (teaching adults) and I use this book all the time. I really like the way it's divided up and I think that the Phrase Bank at the end is particularly useful for students.

4.0 out of 5 stars B1 to C1 Levels, 11 Dec 2011
This review is from: Email English (Paperback)
A good variety of subjects and lessons.. I liked the phrase bank at the end particularly but all in all the book presents standards ways of expressing many phrases often used in everyday situations. I used it a lot in my in-company teaching in Poland.

Email English
Email English by Paul Emmerson (Paperback - 9 Dec 2003)
Used & New from: 51.74