5.0 out of 5 stars An Essential for all Video Production Students, 22 Jan 2010
Mr. R. Page - See all my reviews
As a student and filmmaker I have been searching for as long as I can remember for a text book which is truly helpful to my study of the theory and the professional practice of moving image.

Having been taught by Ian Wynd, I know how inspirational he is to work with and the clarity which he brought to lectures every week. This book is like sitting in a lecture with Ian Wynd and that cannot be high praise enough. The book clearly and concisely demonstrates all the basics for video production students, with relevant analysis of the major film theories, methods in which to organise a production and to understand the technical process of filmmaking can be. I am currently studying Moving Image for my degree and I take this book with me to every lecture and I keep it with me at all times when carrying out my work.

The book is easy to read, well set out and covers everything anybody would wish to know about how to shoot a film. I recommend this text book to any student who wishes one day to succeed creatively and commercially in this highly competitive industry.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is essential for anyone studying media production., 8 Jan 2010
This book is essential for anyone studying media production.

Overall the information relating to media production contained in the book is valid, clearly presented with plenty of relevant pictures and illustrations.

The book provides an exceptional analysis of the art and craft of media and video production. Its real strength is in its excellent practical advice on how to actually create video productions.

I found this book to be a comprehensive guide for moving image production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Book for anyone interested in Video Production, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: Video Production: Putting Theory into Practice (Paperback)
I found this book invaluable in completing my media and communication studies degree and have since gone on to make many professional videos using the useful information gleaned from within. Excellent book !

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Video Production: Putting Theory into Practice (Paperback)
I learnt so much from reading this book. It was very informative and very well written. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable book, 14 Oct 2011
This review is from: Video Production: Putting Theory into Practice (Paperback)
I've not long had this book, but already I am reaping the benefits. This book is absolutely essential for anyone that is serious about undertaking the correct practice in both education and possibly industry.

The book not only covers all the obvious aspects of video production such as the creative aspects, but it also points out the indispensable tools that any practitioner should have; sound professional practice and time management, for this information alone I would recommend this book to looking to achieve success in any media industry. On top of all this you will find really interesting sections in the book that are completely dedicated to a certain type of production such as title sequence and documentary, these will all relate to any briefs and projects any person in video production should undertake.

If you are a video student then seriously consider treating this book as your solid reference for any brief or project you might undertake, I have found it invaluable.

Video Production: Putting Theory into Practice
Video Production: Putting Theory into Practice by Ian Wynd (Paperback - 9 Dec 2009)
23.87