5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Good tips and very easy to read, has helped me review my essay writing before I go to university. I enjoyed reading this book and I am keeping it for future reference.
Published on 21 April 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tips, just a dull read...
This book has set out to explain exactly how to write, and go about writing, a history essay. The tips and hints which the book explain are useful and worth reading... However these tips are sort of encased in quite a lot of irrelevant information which makes it a dull read. I feel the book (short as it is) could be shorter and more to the point.
If you are planning...
Published on 7 Sept. 2010 by The History Boffin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Great tips, just a dull read..., 7 Sept. 2010
If you are planning on buying a book on essay writing etc... I would recommend a much more interesting read such as Bryan Greetham's How to Write Better Essays (Palgrave Study Skills).

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for students, 13 Dec. 2011
one of my lecturers at university says this book is vital, im not going to argue, it has definitely helped, refer to it each time i write an essay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Who is this even aimed for?, 3 Dec. 2012
It says a "student's guide" but I can only assume now that it means people who might be studying for their phd or master degree in history?! I'm studying a2 and I'm struggling a bit with essay writing so I thought this book could help me! Man was I wrong! Firstly, I look in the contents and it tells me: an essay is an essay or something along the lines of that. Then, it comes to actually reading it! I found it very hard to understand because it was full of fancy words and all I wanted to look at was now to organise my ideas and look at example essays. If I knew how to return products on amazon (and if I actually could be bothered!) I'd return this asap. If you're a college student or younger, I would definitely not recommend this! Wate of money!

Writing History Essays: A Student's Guide
Writing History Essays: A Student's Guide by Dr Ian Mabbett (Hardcover - 24 Oct. 2006)