I discovered the first printing of this book which was called "Facebuilding", in 2000 in the library. I eventually bought my own copy a year later. Now it has been reprinted I've been buying copies for friends as gifts. The exercises are easy to do and they work. Ten years on, I'm still doing my exercise routine twice a week.

Being 40-ish I had been keen to...
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by Iona

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published 14 months ago by Pipsqueak

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Still using 8 of his facial exercises 10 years later- they work!!, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Five-Minute Facelift: A Daily Program for a Beautiful, Wrinkle-free Face (Paperback)

Being 40-ish I had been keen to start toning up my facial muscles in preparation of hitting 50. I identified problem areas and experimented with one exercise at a time, to see if I liked the results.
Personally I love exercise No. 1- it gives me a wide-awake look (like Botox or a brow-lift, but a healthier version of these!)
I do Nos. 1,2,6,11,12,15,19,20 whilst watching tv.
After you've got satisfactory results you can then reduce exercise sessions from 5 times to 2 times per week. That is all you need in order to maintain the muscle tone you've built up.

I did try other books but gave up on them, as many seemed to create more creases and lines by the weird contortions you had to screw your face into.
I love this book!! Get yourself a good face cream, eye cream, Five Minute Facelift and a wee bit of self-discipline!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Oct 2013
This book was very disappointing, it has a lot of information in it, mostly about the muscle groups in the face and neck, but this took up more page space than the actual exercises. All in all there weren't that many exercises and at the end of the day that is what you bought the book for, not as a medical reference book. I bought Facial Fitness at the same time which is excellent and has masses of exercises and less medical explanation. I bought this one on the strength of other reviews but was very disappointed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than a surgeon, 17 Feb 2013
wow! I have used it for a week now every day for at least 5 to 10 minutes and i already see a huge different in my neck , lady buy one it will become your best friend, and believe me its amazing

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it & do the excercises!!!!!! Easy & it works., 9 April 2014
Age 46 things were not getting younger!!! Problem areas, eye bags & the dreaded jowls were appearing. I had a 10 course of (very pricey) CACI close together which did lift but only helped the eye bags for a short time & the jowls & (threatening)double chin were still there. but after the intense course the once every 4/5/6 week interval treatment was not enough. On a whim of I need to do something!!! I bought this book.... the recommendation is to choose a few exercise so you don't get over run & too time consumed. I felt I had a lot to combat so I went for most of them..... Yes it does take time to do them, I get them done while walking the dog, driving & preparing dinner (I am that mad face pulling women!!!!). I noticed a difference pretty much straight away & 2 months into it my eye bags have gone & the jowls are improved. The threatening double chin has hidden away. I haven't had CACI for 4 months & I really believe this result is better. It doesn't get rid of wrinkles but neither does the CACI. I feel that my face is in place again & I can't remember my lips ever being so full. I do the exercise's every 6/5/4 days. The recommendation is 3 months full on. This is a face work out, natural & very cheap. We keep our bodies in shape through exercise, this is the same. I have given this book to all my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 19 Jun 2010
Red (Southampton) - See all my reviews
Maybe I would have been better off buying a book about stopping myself from procrastinating... instead I bought one on beating Mother Nature at her own game and although I've only carried out the exercises 4 times since I've received it (hence the need to stop procrastinating!)I must say it really feels as though I've had a "workout" on my face and my skin seems to have improved.

I will haul myself off the sofa a few more times to gurn in front of the mirror and report back after the 3 weeks that the book feels I might see an improvement. I would recommend the book, especially to someone who can actually stick to a routine!

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife looks years younger., 28 April 2013
We bought this following a recommendation and have not been disapointed. So long as you set the time aside to do the exercises this works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 minute facelift, 10 Jan 2012
great fact filled book easy to understand ,if u perform all the exercises it takes longer than 5 mins ,great for relieving the tensions of the day n giving u a glow ,thanks again Amazon for amazing service

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but Carole Maggio Facercise is far better, 1 Oct 2010
S. Crane "samantha2730" (London) - See all my reviews
Good clear pictures showing the face muscles so you know what you are focusing on, all are easy to do, but they don't feel quite as effective as facercise.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless book, 15 Feb 2014
I bought this because of the recommendations on this page but I am going to think twice before following Amazon reviewers in the future. I cannot understand for the life of me why this book would be reviewed favourably. There are no explanations as to why a certain exercise would help and this is important as a lot of these exercises otherwise make little sense. The commentary that is there is useless. I regret purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 16 Feb 2013
It is excellent book with very simple and easy to follow instructions. I already see the difference in the firmness of my face, after very short period of time of use. I would recommend it to everyone who is after young looking face without the scalpel. I can only imagine that continue of those excises will improve the way I look.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›