5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!
Going to keep this one shortish due to my agreement with the last reviewer. Got to admit, this was a bargain and a half. A proper all action story with a good romance thrown in. Kept me turning the page to see what came next. I even left the kids to get their own lunch for this story and I never do that!!! Off to clean up the kitchen after writing this!

The...
Published on 22 Aug. 2011 by T. Jewell

1.0 out of 5 stars First introduction to this series'
Not a patch on Diana Gabaldon; very disappointed.Not reading anymore. Have deleted from my Kindle. Whoever said the books were similar?
Published on 25 Dec. 2012 by Anne Hindle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 22 Aug. 2011
T. Jewell "Bakergirl" (UK) - See all my reviews

The only thing I believe could've been improved upon was the intimate scenes. They seemed a bit of a 'wham bam thankyou ma'am' sessions instead of the slow, passionate, heart thumping scenes they could've been. Not very romantic at all, just lustful, which is great for the right setting but not this one. That said the storyline was fabulous hence the 5*.

I didn't know there is a second book on the way until I read the last review so will be looking for that for definite.

My advice? Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Aug. 2011
LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!! What fantastic story, I can't believe I bought this for only []p and was completely blown away with such a great story. The story grips you from the start and I just couldn't put the book down, it kept me hooked from start to end. A warrior has been locked away in a time vault for more than 150 years until a lady called Bree finds the vault and opens it. From there her life will never be the same again, there are trust issues, danger and love. I can't wait for the second book to be released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, 16 Nov. 2011
I bought this book because it was cheap on Kindle edition. I was actually pleasantly surprised. I have read a lot of similar stories, these types being my escape from the daily grind, but the plotline of this one made it stand out enough that I am writing, I think, my second ever review on here.

I'm not going to go into any detail about the storyline, as this has been covered, but the book was long enough to make it well worth the money, and spread the twists in the plot and the discoveries throughout. Unlike a lot of Kindle books, there were no glaring spelling and/or grammar errors to spoil the reading.

In all, a pleasant discovery and I will be interested to see what else she has written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it., 8 Oct. 2011
Bree has always been in love with the past, but when she accidentally wakes an ancient Scottish warrior who's spent the past 150 years sleeping in her backyard, her present is suddenly fraught with danger.

Was really enjoyable the only thing I would say is that I didn't enjoy the sex scenes but then I don't tend to with any book really just find they interfere with the story. Plenty of action can't wait for the second book.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWAKEN THE HIGHLAND WARRIOR, 6 Sept. 2011
Reader (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Bree Kirkland has always had an interest in history, she finds a box in the crypt in the graveyard, she has a disc which is of the same metal as the box. Bree manages to open the box with the disc, but there is no treasure, only a man dressed in a kilt. Faelan Connor has been in the time vault for 150 years, who is this woman she has set him free, fed him given him somewhere to sleep. But can he trust her, he feigns amnesia rather than tell her the whole truth, the fact that he is really attracted to her is another problem for him.
This is the first book in a new series, about warriors who fight demons that are trying to destroy the world. Faelan now finds himself in the 21st Century and all that entails, there are many questions he needs the answers to mostly about his clan, and the demon he was hunting the day he was placed in the time vault, and with Bree's help they set out to find the answers.
I did like this book the story was original and the characters interesting, I would have liked the relationship between Faelan and Bree to have been a little more developed rather than their constant arguing and misunderstandings, their intimate moments were based on lust rather than a close connection between them. There were a lot of characters in this story maybe too many it was at times difficult to keep track. but it was a good story and I will probably read more.

1.0 out of 5 stars First introduction to this series', 25 Dec. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Twilight on Speed!, 20 Nov. 2011
Wow! An action packed tale of the supernatural with plenty going on from start to finish. Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed the book and will be buying its sequel, I felt that it was a bit overloaded in places (particularly when all the clan were added towards the middle) and it became a bit confusing, rather like a very tasty but overfilled sandwich that leaked some of its content over the sides. By contrast, the sex/love scenes were rather thin and did not match up to the overall passion of the main content.
Never the less this in no way detracted from my enjoyment of the story, which I shall have to re-read to check on the bits that I am sure I missed the first time around. A cracking read, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 19 Sept. 2011
bought this on kindle for a really good price. This book will keep you gripped from beginning to end, looking forward to next book out in November.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fab!!!, 18 Sept. 2011
Lulu (Leighton Buzzard, Beds, UK) - See all my reviews
What a great book, really enjoyed it, Finished it in 1 sitting!.
Happy to see it is book 1 and that there is more to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous., 26 July 2014
petula winmill (malaga andalucia) - See all my reviews
This book is an unusual mix of genres. We have a modern woman, a Highland warrior from 150 years ago and ancient demons.
Bree is a historian who loves to hunt for buried treasure. When she returns home after her grandmother's death ,she discovers that a disc that has always been in the mantle is in fact a key. The key fits the large chest that has been in the old crypt for 150 years. She gets a big shock when instead of treasure she finds a very large Highland warrior jumping out and holding her a knife point.

Faelan has a hard job adapting to a modern woman doing all the things he shoud be able to do for himself. They will face lots of danger in their adventure.

Obviously the start of an exciting series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Awaken the Highland Warrior
Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Aug. 2011)