4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Gothic
I think to appreciate this book you should not think about Pride and Prejudice as although it is a while since I have read it last I think Elizabeth would have been more forthright than she appears here. What Elizabeth doesn't know is that she has married a vampire and this is at the heart of the book. Travelling through Europe and meeting Mr Darcy's friends and...
Published on 16 Oct 2009 by M. Dowden

1.0 out of 5 stars Bloodsucked
Honestly, I blame Stephenie Meyer for the existence of this book. For some reason, people are equating her sparkly vampire romance novel "Twilight" to the classic, understated novel of manners, "Pride and Prejudice."

So you can probably guess the entire point of "Mr Darcy, Vampyre" -- to portray the first months of the Darcy marriage, in which Mr. Darcy...
Published on 24 Mar 2010 by E. A Solinas

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Fantasy, 8 Aug 2013
As a lover of Pride and Prejudice and Vampires, I loved this! It tells the story of Elizabeth's life after marriage to Mr. Darcy, and how she becomes increasingly suspicious of her husband's behaviour. She writes frantic letters to Jane. But I won't tell you any more - if you love this genre, buy it and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing, 20 Oct 2013
a fun re-do of a classic.gripping in parts-though not for the purists very enjoyable-a fun read and i would recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars A little forced, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
Its starts off as a good continuation of Austin's classic, but it veers off drastically into a world that is a little too fanciful even for a vampyre Mr Darcy.
It has the air of Twilight about it, but far better written and thought out. But there is a feeling that the supernatural side is a little forced at some points, almost as if it was for the sake of it.
The plot is average and has no particular peril and the climax is nothing too nail biting, and the ending an average one.
On the whole it is a good story and easy to read.
Wonder what Austin would have thought?

4.0 out of 5 stars Dracy Vampire, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Jane Austen novels and I think she would have approved of this one. I have only recently started reading sequels to Pride and Prejudice and of all that I have read up to now, this is a very enjoyable one. I wasn't too sure about the vampire take on the books but it was very well written and it had a good story to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Darcy goes Gothic!, 1 Aug 2012
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
As the author of Mr Darcy Forever (Austen Addicts' Trilogy)I have read a lot of Jane Austen prequels, sequels and spin-offs and this is one of the very best. Amanda Grange recreates the intense atmosphere and dramatic settings of the very best of Gothic fiction as we travel with Mr Darcy and Elizabeth across Europe. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen and particularly loved the scenes set in Venice and the Alps.

Wonderful novel, Amanda! I'm looking forward to Pride and Pyramids next!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Pride and Prejudice sequel with a Twilight twist, 3 Jan 2010
K. E. Farr (Cotsworld, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I had never wanted to read any book that rips off an original however, I was pleasantly surprised when I picked this up in the airport.
I would describe this book as a fan fiction. At times it is not brilliantly written, has an unbelievable ending, does not tie up story lines i.e. Wickham and Darcy as childhood friends (is he a vampyre too?) and Elizabeth at times is not at all like Pride and Prejudice describes her but nevertheless, it is a MUST for all those craving a sequel and a little something different.
I think Grange captures the love between Darcy and Elizabeth beautifully and I really enjoyed this book because of that.
It isn't fantastic, it isn't the best read of your life but if you've been swept up by the Twilight phenomenon then I guarantee you will like this book (providing you've read Pride + Prejudice to set it in context).

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Darcy, Vampyre of Amanda Grange, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I have already read that book and i really loved it??? why??? I loved it, because it is really an unusual version novel about the protagonist mr darcy of the jane austen novel "Pride and prejudice"!!!1

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 30 Sep 2010
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book. In many respects it is like watching a film adaptation of a book - doesn't really follow the original but is good anyway. I found it difficult to put down and liked the different angle of the story. It is enjoyable but if you are looking for something more on the lines of the original pride and prejudice, you may not like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very original, 26 Aug 2010
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
I love vampires, and I love Jane Austen, so when I saw this book I just couldn't resist. A very original sequel to Pride and Prejudice and IMO it works really well. Great fun! Much better than the Twilight books.

ARRAY(0xa3494edc)

Mr Darcy, Vampyre
Mr Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange (Paperback - 21 Aug 2009)
6.39