Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 16 September 2013
I am afraid that I do not find this author's writing engaging. I struggle to concentrate and stay interested. I tried the first book in the series and didn't make it to the end because I just got bored. However, I felt I should give her another chance. This book sounded as if it might be interesting and also had the benefit of a low price. Unfortunately, I'm not getting on much better with this one. I'm not sure why I find her writing so flat and her characters wooden, but I do. I also find the inappropriate Americanisms annoying. Terms such as "making the block", "boardwalk" and "front stoop" have no place in Regency England. I also found the silly names irritating because they also do not fit the supposed context.

In the end, I abandoned the book about 60% of the way through. I just could not raise the enthusiasm to finish it because I really could not bring myself to care much about the characters.
on 15 July 2013
I enjoyed this book and did not find it a 'quick' page turner, but could read the whole book without thinking Oh what on earth is going on here. Have to say though not my usual style book, but given that I did enjoy it,, so why not give it a go
on 12 January 2013
Really liked this book it was well written and pulled you into the plot at once ..good book to read on a rainy day
on 15 July 2013
This book i love the heroine and hero are both very believable and also sensible i hope to read matsons story
on 23 July 2013
The storyline is not at all taxing and the end result very predictable but I loved it! I liked the characters and the humour, especially the Aunt who enjoyed a tipple! Good brain candy at the end of a long day!
on 5 December 2013
First book I have read in the series and I did enjoy it. So much so I have purchased the latest to read about the other twin. Harmless fun book. Easy to read, predictable but worth the money.
on 19 September 2013
This is was a entertaining read a bit different from normal regency romances. However I wish the author would get her research correct we have pavements in England, not broadwalks.
on 5 March 2014
Yes I say that with regards to the story but the characters were good and the situation as well. I finnished the book and thought overall it was a good read.
Happy reading.
on 20 November 2013
What a whirlwind romance, full of love, passion and despair. Great book never a dull moment. Great characters, both with strong personalities.
on 26 January 2015