Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 January 2011
I have read all of the previous books, and have thoroughly enjoyed every one - including this one. I think it is very difficult for any writer to compare to the original Pride and Prejudice - and virtually impossible to come up with a story that would please all fans of pride and prejudice, from staunch fans (especially how the words would be spoken, to characterisation, details, etc) - to those like myself who think that what darcy and elizabeth share is true love, happiness and more.

Describing anything more I think would unfortunately give details away about the book, but an enjoyable book as well regarding what some other characters are doing.
on 13 September 2011
If you are an Austen afficionado this may prove a difficult read, as it's written in American English, and there are a lot of words in the text which jar in this context - gotten, upscale, slugged, trendy and so on. The plot is reasonable, but there is far too much Mills-and-Boon style heavy breathing, thrusting, manly torsos (and womanly breasts) and rose-tinted sex generally for my taste. Some of the character changes are remarkable.
on 18 January 2011
As the previous reviewer states, you will never please everyone, but I have found this book to be an enjoyable follow on of the series and look forward to the next one. The characters are engaging and it is great to see what is happening with everyone else as well.
on 28 June 2013
Don't insult your inteligence by reading any of these books. Why do perfectly good classics need sequels which bring nothing to the original story? Get them second hand if you really want to buy them but apart from that don't bother.
on 7 December 2011
this book is totally fabulous.Sharon Lathan writes the best austen continuations I have read. Beautifully romantically written, with a plott which keeps the reeder interested
on 25 November 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Although I note that a few readers were not so keen but as I have mentioned before I love the Sharon Lathan series and I find her writing easy to read, interesting and do not become bored with any of the chapters. Would highly recommend the whole series.
on 25 September 2014
I love all of Sharon Lathan books I have read this book over and over again I think in this book the good part are with Darcy and Elizabeth with there child and also when Richard falls in love I also like it when Geogier and Elizabeth meet the king. And I also love Darcy Uncle George
on 4 November 2013
Ms Lathan conveys one through the various chapters with skill but it is marred by her misunderstandings of English social life and history. An example is her references to knights and baronets as Sir Cole or Sir Dandridge - rather than the correct use of the forename, e.g. Sir Wallace Dandridge. Similarly she refers to Duke Grafton, omitting the obligatory "of" which accompanies all ducal titles, and has a character refer to Lady Matlock as "Countess" rather than "my lady" or "Lady Matlock". Despite these lapses, however, the book manages to keep the reader entertained, although some of the situations appear contrived in the extreme. Lady Fotherby would not have been subject to her father's will as a widow, and the episode involving her family does not have much to commend it - nor does it make Richard Fitzwilliam seem particularly astute. Overall, a book I managed to get through but can't recommend very strongly.
on 24 August 2014
I just loved this book! I bought it specifically for the Colonel Fitzwilliam element and I was not disappointed! The banter between Darcy and The Colonel was a bit OOC but very enjoyable nonetheless. The books has an interesting history between Miss Bingley and Mr Darcy which make's the book all the more enthralling. I really enjoyed this book and will read it again. Worth every penny!
on 7 November 2015
Very good book, once you start reading you do not want to put down