Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 September 2010
A really interesting read, Darcy has an American cousin who comes to him wedding and meets Caroline Bingley. Over the months it builds up into a love hate relationship between the two.
on 6 July 2012
I very much enjoyed reading this book. The author did an excellent job of 'sketching' the character of Caroline Bingley. I wasn't sure if I could find her an appealing heroine, but Ms. Fairview succeeded in giving me a different perspective on the character than the one I had from 'Pride & Prejudice'. I really liked Caroline by the time I really got 'stuck in'. I also really liked the male protagonist - he and Caroline are so different, yet by the end of the book, I was convinced that they belonged together. I enjoyed the portrayal of the other characters very much and found them to be just as I would imagine. There were lots of witty moments, and some where I had to laugh out loud. And the plot was engaging and held my attention from start to finish. I also liked that Ms. Fairview gave plausible backstories for some of the perceived inconsistencies between the Caroline in 'Pride & Prejudice' and the Caroline in this book (e.g. her coldness towards Jane in P&P).

My only quibble with the book is that I would have liked to see more of the development of the relationship between the two leads. While the sub-plot about Wickham was interesting, perhaps it took a bit of time and attention away from the main characters, and I think the author could have portrayed a bit more depth to the relationship between Caroline and Robert; more insight into how they felt about each other. That being said, I definitely enjoyed this novel and would happily read it again and recommend it to others.
on 21 December 2012
I really loved the concept of this book. Mr Darcy's American cousin, Robert Darcy, falls in love with Caroline Bingley while she mourns the loss of Mr Darcy to Elizabeth Bennett! This book follows the journey of their love and is well worth reading. In fact, by the end of the book I quite liked Caroline Bingley!
on 11 April 2011
When I first saw this on Amazon, I must admit that I was wary. I have started to read quite a few sequels that unfortunately I couldn't finish. Indeed, when at the very start of the book, we learn that Elizabeth Darcy has suffered a miscarriage, I worried that perhaps it was a story that would destroy Elizabeth to make another look better. Fortunately it did not and the story itself even managed to bring tears to my eyes.

I imagine that if Jane Austen were to read this, she would be most pleased.