4.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!
I am a certified Austen addict, and I buy almost any sequel I can get my hands on. No one writes like Jane Austen did, but because her characters are so appealing and compelling, I am drawn to sequels. I am not a writer myself, so I feed my need for MORE, MORE, MORE by reading other people's fan fiction rather than writing my own. I like to see if other people see...
Published on 20 Dec 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars the confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy
I was very disappointed with this book, the author and publisher have just jumped on the bandwagon when putting this out.

There are glaring historical errors, for example what 16 year old gently bred girl would have had her own establishment? The biggest weakness in Jane Austen's original was how Georgiana met Wickham and arranged an elopement with what should...
Published on 7 July 2010 by mercyferry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a must for any Pride and Prejudice fan, 15 Aug 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed seeing events through Darcy's eyes. Kept the original story but explained his position, thought, feelings etc. loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read., 24 May 2013
Easy to read. Pride and Predjudice from Darcy's point of view. Worth a look if you are a fan of Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy, 14 April 2013
I would wholeheartedly recommend this book for any Pride and Prejudice fan. It is well written and captures your imagination immediately. Whilst some of the situations are different it was interesting to read from Mr Darcy' s viewpoint. I was not disappointed and will be looking for more books written by same author.

3.0 out of 5 stars Darcy's story, 13 April 2013
Easy reading book. Light and fun to read, Darcy's point of view as opposed to the Bennett's perspective in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

5.0 out of 5 stars VG, 1 April 2013
As an Austen fan I was a bit hesitant and had never been tempted to read any of these follow ons but I felt it remained true to the story with frequent quotes and as a Darcy fan (of course!) I didn't feel that it changed any of my image of the original storyline, I couldn't put it down!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 27 Mar 2013
Found it very insightful and historically sound. Matched well with pride and prejudice, and enjoyed the extra information on characters

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy (Paperback)
I fount this book to be entertaining, though i had high expectations and felt a little let down. I found that it quoted too much the original book and I kept feeling that i was reading Pride and Prejudice all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Captivating!, 23 Dec 2010
Mrs. N. Harvey (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy (Paperback)
Having just read 'A weekend with Mr Darcy' picked up at Jane's house in Chawton, I imagined this book to be in a similar vein; just a group of today's janites gathering to enjoy a further insight into Mr Darcy and life in the times of Jane Austen, while a romance unfolds around the people who attend the weekend. Though a wonderful and highly recommended read, this book is nothing like that! 'The Confessions of Fitzwilliam Darcy' by Mary Street is another romp through Pride and Prejudice but through the eyes of Mr Darcy; as if he were writing it.It sheds light, all be it from Mary Streets research, into Darcy's feelings and thoughts around the Bennet family's behaviour, along with his own feelings and thoughts about Elizabeth. It was written so well I came away believing I now knew more, and had a truer understanding, of Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice. It supported Austen's way of writing so well that to separate Mary Streets book from Jane Austen's in my memory is now impossible! I was enthralled and would recommend it to all Janites!

4.0 out of 5 stars copy with no end!!, 6 Dec 2008
Am I the only one who got a copy stopping at chapter 16???

I don't have the end!!

I want to know the end!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaae9224c)

The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy
The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street (Paperback - 30 Jan 2009)
7.99