4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
I read Linda Berdoll's two books before I read this one which may have negatively affected how I viewed this book. Whilst Berdoll tries to keep the language and structure of Austen (not completely successfully) I found that this sequel by Altman started well but slipped into almost modern vernacular by the second half of the book and the story seemed a little at odds with...
Published on 14 Dec 2008 by Sm Drew

3.0 out of 5 stars So many P&P sequels.....
... so little time!

This one was OK and I quite enjoyed reading it. Thinking about it afterwards though, some of the events seemed to me more and more unlikely - and I mean physically unlikely in the real world, not just the Austen universe! I'm not sure this is one I will be reading again.
Published on 20 Feb 2009 by Mrs. D. J. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Darcys and the Bingleys (Pride & Prejudice Continues) (Paperback)
This book was not my cup of tea - found it to be very boring unfortunately and was surprised at how many stars other readers had given it - but each to their own.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!, 1 Aug 2013
Utterly ridiculous hogwash. Having just nearly read another of Marsha Altman's other Pride and Prejudice books I didn't even start this one. I appreciate it is very tongue in cheek but it is utter drivel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, 23 Jun 2013
After being introduced by a friend to Pride and Prejudice fan fiction I saw this book on Amazon and decided based on the reviews to give it a try. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed. I love the way the traditional characters are developed as they start their married lives together. The competitiveness between Darcy and Bingley was particularly funny. Great read, definitely recommend for P&P fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends in marriage, 27 April 2013
I gave this novel 5 stars as it was truly Austin in style but much more than novels I have read prior. It is a very engaging story told particularly well.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 29 Mar 2013
This was okay but a little disappointing. There should have been more drama for the sisters. Well i will leave it up to the other readers to decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan 2013
Funny, smart and witty. Certainly worth reading and I am sure that I will be reading it again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Dec 2012
I found this by chance a few months ago and have now read all the books in the series. It's fantastically written, the characters feel and sound just like they did in the original P&P, so much so that I often forget its not Jane Austen I'm reading.

I would recommend this book and the series to any fans of P&P who ever wondered what happened next. It's not full if sex like some sequels and it has its own very strong story lines with some brilliant new characters. I honestly struggle to remember who are originals and who are new!

This series is now my second favourite series, second only to the wonderful Harry Potter books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Darcys and Bingleys, 27 Sep 2012
I dowmloaded this onto my wife's kindle. She has enjoyed reading it very much. Downloading is so easy even a 70 yr old can do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars unsure, 30 Jan 2012
This is a difficult one to review. It's not that it was bad, but it wasn't good.

I'm going to have to quote a friend: "Fun is the operative word here, and if one reads this book within the context of expecting a light, frothy, humorously diverting comedy written in a contemporary style based on Jane Austen's characters from Pride and Prejudice, you will not be disappointed. On the other hand, if you are expecting a Regency novel whose language, plot, character development and historical reference are similar to Austen's, this may not be for you.
Ms. Altman states that imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery. I do not think that imitation was her intention here, and Miss Austen may have to take a few more spins at Winchester Cathedral."

That about sums it up- fun but not not boring. (Yes I put two 'nots', there's a reason). There's just a few things missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and Hilarious, 16 Jan 2011
C. Rowland "smitch" (England) - See all my reviews
A thoroughly modern turn on Pride and Predujice I thoroughly enjoyed and also howled laughing at. once started you want to just carry on reading with no imterruptions. I was sad to finish the book in the end. A really funny twist. but keep an open mind, It is a bit differently written as it is modern. but recommend this book. I really enjoyed it. My family now thinks I am mad as I just couldn't stop laughing at certain passages

ARRAY(0xa952b588)

The Darcys and the Bingleys (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
The Darcys and the Bingleys (Pride & Prejudice Continues) by Marsha Altman (Paperback - 30 Jan 2009)
14.99