4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't ready to say goodbye
Published on 4 Feb. 2009 by Big sister

2.0 out of 5 stars helpfull
this book was helpfull when i felt all over the place and that other people was going through what i was thinking and feeling
Published on 1 May 2009 by Mrs. Angela Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't ready to say goodbye, 4 Feb. 2009
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
Losing my brother is the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with in my life, and continue struggling with everyday.He was so full of life and energy, a truly larger than life character.He was taken so unexpectedly.I miss him dearly and will love him always.This book, written by people who had experienced similar losses in their lives, spoke to me directly and has helped me through some difficult hours. I would recommend this book to anyone desperate to find words of comfort from those who truly 'get it'.It wont take away the pain-no book can do that, but it will help you understand, and work through, and with your pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars i wasn't ready to say goodbye, 9 Mar. 2009
Mrs. J. P. Martin "martijan" (england) - See all my reviews
I Wasn'T Ready to Say Goodbye

Very helpful all round having lost my 40 year old daughter and all the implications that has had on all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
having had a sudden loss of a son abroad with the expectation of seeing him the next day,having not seen him for 18 months this is devastating & nothing can prepare you for anything like this nor can people understand how much this takes from your life.This book goes some way to help to deal with expectations etc it has been a very useful tool to travel around with

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read for those who have experienced a very recent loss, 22 Jan. 2014
DCJ78 (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
I ordered this book shortly after my Dad's death in hope that it would guide me through the dark, early days of his passing. Unfortunately it arrived alot later than expected, and although it still remains a good informative read, it's not as helpful as it would have been if received earlier, when my emotions and grief were most "raw" . The book did still serve a purpose to me though, it was reassuring to see that all of the emotions i am feeling/have felt, even the ones i thought weren't part of the natural grieving process WERE there in black and white, and ARE considered to be normal. personally, for me, being at the stage of grieving i'm currently at, the book felt more like a check-list of what i've come through. BUT - I HIGHLY recommend this book if you have experienced a recent, sudden loss or if you are someone who seems to be "stuck" in the early grieving stages. I also think it would be a great insight for someone who is in frequent contact with someone who has had a recent loss/who is "stuck" in the early stages. It gives excellent examples of what to expect from both perspectives and ways to work through these feelings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 23 April 2009
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
I purchased this book following the recent sudden death of my father. It was very helpful in so many ways. Highly recmmended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't ready to say goodbye: Superb for anyone suffeing a sudden death, this is a good companion and will help you, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
This book has really helped. My husband passed away suddenly and even though I have lost parents in the past a sudden death is a totally different kind of bereavement. The two people who have written the book have been through a loss and you get their experiences and ways to get though the early days. If you are looking for a book to act as a satnav when sudden loss blows up your life this book is for you.

It is helpful because it lets you know that the feelings you have, they have had, you aren't going mad, its par for the course.
Helpful section on what you need to do if you have never faced a loss before and need to know who you have to notify and when.
Helpful section to copy out for friends and neighbours who may/may not like to disturb you. So you can let people know what you need and don't want. eg: Bring food and don't ask how I'm feeling etc.

There is advice on organisations that could help you and options for herbal and Bach remedies if you don't want to get stuck on prescription medications.

This book is like a good companion, that comes and sits with you in your darkest days, lets you cry, gives you tips on things that help and is just THERE when no one else is. There is enough from the authors about their experiences for you to associate with and can recognise what may be happening to you, without been too much and making you feel worse.

I also recommend the book: Grieving Mindfully: A Compassionate And Spiritual Guide To Coping With Loss which has lots of practical ways of getting through the pain and easing it where possible. It helps you look at things in a different way, which really helps.

These two books have taught me its not something you can get over, around or avoid, you have to get through it, but you don't have to do it alone, take these two books with you on your journey through grief, they are very good companions.

This book is also helpful as it covers not just the loss of immediate partners but also other relationships too, the loss of a child, parent, sibling, close relative and also those lost to suicide or violent death. So it is a good companion for a wide range of situations.

If you are needing this book, I am sorry for your loss and hope this book helps you as it is helping me. May you find peace again one day, until you do, take one day at a time, or 10 minutes at a time, listen to your body and REST you need it.

This book is also useful for those helping another through a sudden bereavement.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't ready to say goodbye, 30 May 2010
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
A very practical book that will help those coping with sudden bereavement in whatever circumstances. It is a sensitive, supportive guide through the journey and helps dispel the myths and misunderstandings of the grieving process.

5.0 out of 5 stars helping a friend, 31 May 2014
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
this book was for a friend who was struggling to cope with recent loss.Obviously I read some of the book before I passed it on(I too have suffered a loss)I. only wish I had had this book to hand when I was having such a sad time.Very informative and covers all different aspects of how to cope.Also coves grief in different circumstances-for example -loss of child.mother.father,brother sister ect.I would certainly recommend this to people who are struggling with a loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars accessibly written, insightful and educational resource complied from real situations shared by honest people., 20 Jan. 2014
A useful resource for the bereaved, their family and friends as well as those involved in supporting them. A jargon free book that tackles the rawness of grief as well as speaking about the hope of recovery and realignment for those who survive beyond it and live again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for those who have suffered the sudden death of a loved one, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye (Paperback)
Gives comfort to those that that read it that the feelings and emotions that they are going through are normal after suffering a death of this type. It gives some structure to the grief process and helps you understand the behaviour of other family members at this time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye
I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye by Blake Noel (Paperback - 1 May 2008)