Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 16 October 2007
I have been very pleasantly surprised by this lovely fairy series. What makes this book terrific is the fact that it is about different kinds of courage and about different kinds of folks. Each of the very different characters that include a troll, two brownies, a dwarf, a gnome, a leprechaun, and four fairies have to find courage within them to complete their mission. They have to trust each other and work well as a team. If they don't do this, they will fail. This is a wonderful way to present the different types of courageous acts. Near the end of the book, all but one of the team members have to generously acknowledge that another has shown more courage than they have. In doing this, they forfeit a fantastic prize. However, the recipient of the prize is incredibly generous and ends up sharing with everyone. This is a terrific book.
on 23 October 2007
We have been reading the books of this series at bedtime. This is our favourite so far. It has a nice message about accepting people for who they are and embracing diversity. My own two children were completely engrossed by this story. We read it in two nights. One of my nieces whom I passed the book onto told me, "Auntie Ruthie, this is the best book I ever read." I agree it is very good and we will be enjoying this fairy story as a bedtime read again.
on 28 December 2008
My daughter has read most of this series and enjoyed them all. They were perfect when she was learning to read and the beautiful pictures inspired many drawings. The fairies solve various problems that correlate to the problems girls can face which also makes for a nice opening to talk about things that happen at school and other situations.