Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 January 2006
I got hooked on this series from reading the first book. But I admit I like the second one better than the first. It has more action and is more exciting. The fairies take a long journey riding on a falcon and an owl because it is too far for fairies to fly on their own. They have a run-in with trolls which is somewhat scary for them at first, but turns out okay because the trolls actually like the fairies. Then they meet with the Dream Spider who is also scary but wouldn't harm fairies. The book has something of a trick ending which I admit I didn't see coming. It also has quaint details worked into it about gnomes, brownies, gardening, recycling, and some lessons to learn. This is a very good story and would be suitable for people of all ages. There are a lot more books in this series, and I have started to read the free E-books at the Fairy Chronicles website. I am now a fairy lover because of this series.
on 10 May 2007
This is not just a sweet fairytale story. The girls who have fairy spirits don't just set out on a fantasy adventure. They care about things like nature, recycling, listening to wise gnomes and working in gardens. The characters also seem to care about each other and they help others.

The fairies, led by Dragonfly, set out on an adventure to find the Dream Spider, who is supposed to be incredibly scary, but who really turns out to be an okay spider with a pretty interesting job. Even though he is on holiday and doesn't like being disturbed, he helps the fairies with their mission. The fairies get to ride on birds in this tale and they get to meet trolls in the woods. That is the part of the fairytale that is a simple fairy story and fun for children of all ages. The other parts of the book, having to do with recycling and listening and caring, are cleverly worked in so that people reading this book will get the messages, but they will still have fun reading the story. This is the way children's books should be. I give this 'Sweet' story five stars for the added meaning, and I am going to encourage others to read this book.
on 30 July 2006
J. H. Sweet ...

what a treat ...

on writing fairies,

she can't be beat.

Book one was pure delight,

and book two is "out of sight."

She also has book three and four,

and about fifty more.

Each of this author's books stands alone as far as storyline, and I discovered something new about fairies and fairy lore in each one. She's a fine writer, so good at her craft that the fairies came alive for me. Interesting storylines, colorful characters in an exciting, entertaining format.

Highly recommended.
on 28 February 2010
I had not heard of these books before but I am so pleased I purchased the first two they will be start of my grandaughter's collection. I will carry on buying these charming books until she has the complete set. I know she will love them.

I would buy from this seller again as it arrived in good condition and on time.
on 11 January 2008
My eight year old daughter loves this book. I think it is very motivating and inspiring. The girls work together on their mission. Adult fairies are along to keep an eye on things but the young girls handle things themselves pretty well. This book is packed with alot of fun. Healty and active fun are stressed in the gardening and recycling. Imagination is catered to with the trolls, gnomes, brownies and Dream Spider. The girls in the book have qualities and gifts to help them get things done. Young readers will be inspired and empowered by this fun adventure.