Format: CardsChange

on 17 December 2013
Very disappointed when I bought these cards as I am a fan of Doreen Virtue and have many of her oracles cards and enjoy using them. These however I think may end up staying in the box as they made me feel quite uncomfortable. I was clearing them and setting them up so going through each card to look at to get familiar with it when I started to be drawn to some of the actual faces that seemed to be imposed onto the bodies on the cards. I personally did not find it comfortable to be looking at the faces of some famous mind body and spirit authors superimposed onto angelic bodies. Ones that stood out to me are of Doreen Virtue herself, Radleigh Valentine and Louise Hay among others as well as what seems like real faces of children onto angelic and other forms. As I say for me personally it felt strange and uncomfortable as I am a visual person and more drawn towards images than words. Decided to write my comments on this deck because of how they made me feel and felt urge to share so if you are thinking of these cards please note that real images and faces are mixed in with picture images.
11 comment69 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2013
These cards do give accurat readings but there is as ither people have said an uncomfortableness about them, real people used for angels. One card particularly bothered me was of robert
Reeves and he was holding his flower therapy book....advertising in one of its most fowlest forms if you ask me.
11 comment49 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2013
I think Doreen Virtues Ego is getting in the way when she is putting her head and other peoples heads on Angels this is my opinion is disrespectful. Would not recommend these cards.
11 comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2013
I was so excited when I saw these advertised.. I already have Doreen Virtue's Angel Tarot cards, they are beautiful and accurate. I must say when the Archangel Power Tarot cards arrived I was extremely disappointed with the images on them - they are (like I have read) a family/friends photo album! My son who studies graphic design, also commented on the "crass" nature of the images, which we both agreed are "laughable" and almost too ridiculous to take seriously. As someone who gives readings, I shall not be using these cards, as I feel they would undermine the whole process. It is a shame that so little thought has gone into the "finishing" of the poor photo-shopped images and misaligned superimposed heads on top of the bodies of the characters, in what would otherwise been a lovely elegant deck of cards. My advice to anyone thinking of purchasing this deck is save your money and buy something better - sadly!
11 comment44 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 October 2013
I was extremely excited when I pre-ordered this deck and so extremely disappointed when I received them today.
The cards are of good quality and the gold edging is beautiful, but the artwork is just atrocious.

There are pictures of Doreen, her husband, friends and family photoshopped in there. Not just one or two, like in the Angel Tarot where they were illustrated. I'm talking real pictures.
Even worse, the heads look like stickers placed on bad graphics.

When I started going through them even more carefully I noticed that the designer used the same graphics for an angel repeatedly in different cards. Sometimes even using the exact same graphic and just putting a different head on there and changing the color of the dress to make it seem different.

I tried to do a few readings with this deck and the messages are accurate, so it works just fine, but the artwork is just so distracting that it takes you out of the flow.

I can't believe she put this product on the market. It seems rushed and it lacks the attention to symbolism and artwork that a good tarot deck deserves. I will be returning this deck!

On a side note: I have all of Doreen's decks and love them, but this one is a big no.
33 comments36 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2013
Following the Angel Tarot cards, I was really looking forward to using this Archangel Power Tarot cards but the first deck I received had a bent card and the replacement deck had a discoloured card plus, all the cards were stuck together like they were glued around the edges. Quality control needs to be reviewed by the publisher!
In the end, I have decided to stick to the Angel Tarot cards - overall images are much better, compared to those in the Archangel Power Tarot.
on 21 January 2014
I love these cards, so pleased with them and the messages are good for beginners or experts. So amazingly illustrated. I would definitely recommend these. Good value for money as they have more cards than others in this deck.
on 17 February 2015
Beautiful cards! I have many sets of angel cards including two other angel tarot sets ~ but from the moment I held these I knew they were the ones for me. I recommend these as suitable for anyone from novice to lifelong tarot reader.
on 12 June 2015
Personally, I love these cards, beautiful colours and images and love the little messages underneath a great prompt for readers.
The cards I received were gilt edged, of high quality and did not stick together.
Very happy.
on 12 May 2014
This are wonderful tarot cards. I have so many sets of cards And people say why do you want more?
Because they are works of art and the energy that comes from Doreen Virtues cards is always amazing.
Love them