Published on 30 May 2012 by Uhjyi

2.0 out of 5 stars The good, the unhelpful and the ego
The intent to produce a gentle and beautiful tarot deck has to be commended. The attention to detail, quality of card, colour and size is very good. What is especially wonderful are the descriptions for the card meanings, a joy to read and definitely helpful, I am very impressed with them, the authors should be congratulated on the written messages.

Now, the...
Published 9 months ago by VickyL

2.0 out of 5 stars The good, the unhelpful and the ego, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)

Now, the other stuff that goes into doing a reading with tarot. To have a herd of unicorns standing or lying on a card means nothing to me symbolically. Yes, beautiful animals, but nothing much is happening in the picture which relates to human questions. So the pictures are rather unrelated to the messages which means I cannot get a true feeling for each card when it is laid down in a reading. I have to resort to the booklet immediately and am still left feeling a bit vague - I don't seem to be able to connect to the reading fully when the pictures do not tell a similar story to the messages on the cards. Its like a mixed message card for me.

The original tarot deck pictures said it all. There is instant picture recognition with the messages. So, if like me, you need to visually connect to the picture to help with the meaning of the reading perhaps its best to concentrate on decks that generally follow the style of the rider waite deck or at least have pictures that correspond to the card meaning.

And the ego; The artist has used his face for Archangel Michael. Every time I look at the card I don't think Archangel Michael, I think "oh it's that artist again". Same with Doreen's face on the feminine styled cards - same reaction. If this deck had truly been formed with the buyer in mind then wouldn't it be more helpful to create a deck that leans more to neutral. So that the reader can feel more in tune with it. With the Angel tarot cards I feel like I am shuffling photos of those guys around and not the angels etc. Putting your own face on something claims it as yours. If that was their intention then it has been achieved, the deck feels like it is all about them. I wish I could have seen the pictures first then I would have known it's real style.

Some may be so happy with the deck as is. But as it is not possible to see each card before buying I decided to write this as an aid for other shoppers when it comes to deciding what they need from a deck and if this one fits or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Tarot Deck ...Amazing ...so accurate and to the point ..., 30 May 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
Amazing ... the illustrations are so beautifull and powerfull I have been using Doreen Virtue Oracle Cards for a very long time now and other decks as well but Doreen Virtue Oracle Card Decks do seem to work better with me. Doreen Virtue & Radleigh Valentine New Deck Angel Tarot Cards is what it says Angelic and Elemental Realms do not mess around getting what you need to know and a few home truths as well but in a firm loving way if you don't listen they will repeat it until you do .. did a reading using The Celtic Cross on Tuesday so accurate to the point we were laughing mind blowing and the reading only took hafe the time you would normally need I would VERY VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND Angel Tarot Card Deck to anyone. I hope you as much fun as I have enjoy .

If the cards are a little stiff when you start shuffling thats normal after a couple of trys your energy will be imprinted on the cards and the shuffling will be made easier watch out for the jumping cards have fun xx

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I have been a professional tarot card reader and medium for over 10 years and these cards in my opinion are truly amazing. They are incredibly accurate and they almost speak to you
I will agree to the other review they have removed some of the true tarot card meanings and symbology which does give the tarot card reader thought to wonder that not everyone is living a truly amazing, positive life and the traditional tarot cards do aide advice for negative situations to help somebody having a reading yet these cards are based souly on positive messages which makes some of the readings done with the cards `'airy fairy''
They are however incredibly accurate
I don't feel that these cards would be ideal to someone who has no understanding of the tarot, Id reccomded John Holland's Tarot Oracle Cards as they are THE BEST CARDS OUT THERE
However if you are an experienced reader get these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I am a fan of Doreen Virtue and her oracle cards and have many of them but I just don't like these. I am disappointed in the symbolism and imagery in these cards and the story it tells, especially compared to the traditional tarot cards. I found this with the water suit especially. Often I found it hard to see how the image relates to the card description. It seemed to me like the concentration was more on fantasy art rather then symbolism.

I think because I'm familiar with traditional tarot cards, it made it difficult to understand how these cards fit in with that. Sometimes the imagery/message seems different. I wondered if creating the deck in a different style than the tarot would have been worked better?

Update Feb 2014:
-------------------

I've pulled out these cards another few times since my initial review to see if I'd warm to them.

- It bothers me that Doreen Virtue's face is used in the cards(Her face is on pictures of a mermaid). I don't think it shows integrity in creating the cards to include one's own image on it. It feels off to me.

- The cards are on thick card, which is sturdy, but I find them a little tricky to shuffle due to width of entire deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opens multidimensional doorways of truth to experience deeply insightful readings, 31 July 2012
Sarah Rehmatullah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I felt an intuitive drawing towards the `Angel Tarot Cards', and not without reason. It seems we all do indeed attract what we need at the time when we need it, and these lovely cards were no exception. Encountering a radical life shift, I needed swift guidance that could provide more details and with impeccable accuracy, without any personal wishes distorting the self-reading (it is so easy to stand back if the reading is for another). I am receiving a plethora of blessings every time I engage with the cards, of which I connected with instantly. It would seem that no matter what I would wish to see from my reading, the cards seem to only pick up the vibration of factual or potential past, present or future potential outcomes. I have used may different oracle and tarot cards over the years (first commencing in 1992), yet I'm so delighted to still find something so new and enticing, cards that are so magical, so beautiful, that the images and words open doorways of consciousness that truly gift your life, welcoming you and enfolding you deep into the heart of truth, where healing occurs no matter what. Healing occurs when we can acknowledge what is occurring is part of our life, is meant to be, and apparent loss is but a stage of transformation, thus people and situations may enfold into our reality one moment, and then spin through the spiral to exit either for a short time or a long time, depending upon energetic attraction and soul magnetics that draw us to one another. If you truly love someone and/or respect and trust/surrender to life, you can view all is perfect. Although I deeply enjoyed and learnt so much from using traditional tarot, I'm truly mesmerized by the images that show the multidimensional aspects, and also deep healing through the light that is infused in each image, which enrobes you in compassion so deep, you emerged healed from each reading.

As I am at a juncture in my personal evolution at present, I have many questions, and as a busy woman, I don't have as much time to `tune in' and know it is accurate, or to study the books once again to remember all the symbolism of the traditional tarot, so I sincerely welcome this wonderful deck where I receive so many benefits of the tarot, without needing to guess many times if I have interpreted the card correctly. Everything thus far has been astoundingly accurate, so I must rate this my top deck of cards to date, as they are so comprehensive and all encompassing.

The collaboration between Doreen Virtue's angelic light and direct guidance, Radleigh Valentine's knowledge of the tarot that spans an excess of two decades, and Steve A.Roberts incredible enchanting art is truly a match made in heaven.

Five stars is not sufficient to rate the benefits I have received thus far at this important time in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good set of cards., 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I have use Doreen Virtue angel cards before and I have 8 decks but when I was drawn to the these cards I was not surspised. The pictures are breath takingly beautiful and the reading that I preformed were very good. Some decks you click with these I did. Some times Doreen Virtue picks odd pictures to go in her decks of cards but these I studied the pictures and the energy that came from them was strong, powerful and the images that I read were flowing and there were not breaks in the reading.

I am just waiting for the dragon deck of card to come out. Then it would be complete. I have worked with the dragon comumnity before and I have never met a negetive one. They are such lovely creatures on the spiritual realm and due to the human out look on them they find it hard to trust humans. So I am pleased that they took part in the tarot deck.

I can not say any more than this. The deck of card pick you because they match your energy pattern. The book that Doreen Virtue provides is useful and learn these card in your own time. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

2.0 out of 5 stars beginner, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I was disappointed with these cards. I already have some doreen virtue angel cards for daily readings with beautiful illustrations- because of those i was looking forward to her Tarot cards assuming the art work would be similar but i was disappointed. Some of the cards are quite nice but for me they were ruined by doodles and swirls plonked on top of what would otherwise be a nice picture. Also a few of the cards like 'death', 'devil' 'tower' etc have been replaced with other names like 'ego', 'life change' etc.
If you are thinking of buying check out the 'fantasy artist' 1st to see if his work is your cup of tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I got these when they first came out, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
I was initially unsure of this deck by a few negative reviews. Since then this deck has grown in popularity among Tarot readers and collectors. I decided to take another look at the cards online and realised I dont really have anything like this which is almost like a bridge between Tarot and Oracle Cards. Firstly as with all her decks its printed on thick card stock and has a strurdy box, this time it has silver gilding on the edges which was well chosen. The cards are a little bigger than your average Tarot deck and because of card thickness the deck is very thick which could pose a problem if you have small hands. The borders are a little big for my tastes but she has colour coded them for the Major Arcana and each of the suits which is very useful.

The artwork is all by the same artist and has layers of detail and vivid colour. Although Radleigh and Doreen have made alterations from traditional decks they are very much in keeping with the meanings and symbolism of the cards. The suits are now based on the elements, and different elementals are chosen for each one so its not just angels in this deck. The basic meanings appear on the cards themselves at the bottom like oracle cards, which makes them easy to learn and use. Unlike other alternative or themed versions of the Tarot the creators have actually interpreted the cards meanings specificly for this deck. Their interpretations give this deck a unique personality and quality making them more motivational, positive yet not ignoring the darker side of the more challenging cards.

You could use the deck with your own meanings but I feel you would be missing the point of the deck. I also like how they have given meanings for the court cards as people and situations. One thing that I noticed this Tarot is very good at is chossing a card for the day. With traditional Tarot I sometimes find myself unsure what they realte to in daily readings but these are perfect as they are specific and give guidance you can use rather than just make a prediction.

The only criticism I can think of is that the artwork is so good id like to have seen less of the borders at the top and sides to show it more. I also find that the suit of cups which is now water to be a little unclear as the scenes are underwater. Ive been using the deck for a few months now and I can honestly say its been very accurate for me which I cant always say for other decks. Other non traditional Tarot decks might look pretty but often leave you confused when it comes to actually using them but not this one. I highly reccomend this deck to those new to Tarot or those who collect Tarot cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deck!, 13 Mar 2014
C. New - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
These cards are beautiful and easy to read with. They come in a typical Hay House hard box which is great, the titles of the court cards have the general meaning along with the characteristics of the people the could represent at the top (which is a great way to learn the court cards, as well!)
The only reason I gave these 4 stars is because they are the same wide width as Doreen's oracle cards, which are usually 44 cards and are easy to shuffle with that amount, but this deck has 78 cards in it which makes it hard to shuffle because it's so thick, so I have to improvise. Otherwise, it's another great deck from Doreen, I have almost all her oracle decks, and these are great... especially reading for others who still have a hard time releasing their fears about the traditional Death and Devil cards as it does put them at ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars This deck is the most beautiful deck I have ever worked with, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Angel Tarot Cards (Cards)
This deck is the most beautiful deck I have ever worked with.....the imagery and colour in the card can all be combined in the reading....there are many little symbols, flowers and butterflies......I have no problem identifying with these cards and I think , the tower and the death card are so transformed into beauty in these cards , I think for the person having a reading they far outweigh the more teaditional and harsh pictures of the traditional deck. They ate my favourite of all decks and can be combined with the other angel cards ( angel message and angel healing for a more in depth reading)
I have given many very accurate readings with these cards, which are at the end of the day, only tools to guide us when reading.

Angel Tarot Cards
Angel Tarot Cards by Radleigh Valentine (Cards - 29 May 2012)