5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful advice
I had read Matthieu Ricard's work before and this is another excellent book with CD from him. He is eloquent and fascinating about Mediation. I would recommend anyone who is vaguely interested to buy this book and become even MORE interested. The book is not expensive, the CD
Published on 27 Nov 2010 by Mojo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected
Published on 13 Nov 2010 by Felicity Addis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)] (Paperback)
I was disappointed that the CD was not a led meditation but just a repeat of what had already been said in the book. The book is interesting and has changed my mind on meditation. Previously I had used meditation as a form of relaxation and was quite pleased if I fell asleep. However, this book points out that it is about focus and control over your mind, and a very disciplined skill. I am now striving to achieve that discipline and control.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful advice, 27 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like learning from Matthieu in person!, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)] (Paperback)
Some reviewers have expressed disappointment that the CD is so like the book. While I see their point, the CD works very well, as one can learn from Matthieu and enjoy his voice. You can listen to this CD on your iPod while jogging, or just quietly somewhere as a break from your day without needing to read.

The book (and of course the CD!) is an excellent introduction to meditation, and why it should be important to everyone. We can all be guilty of saying we don't have enough time, yet there is usually enough to sit and watch EastEnders, or whatever we do. M Ricard makes the valid point that we rarely take enough time to work on our own peace of mind - it's a very busy life, and it is so much more enjoyable when we approach it in a relaxed manner!

At this price it's a steal. A great read, with a great CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars a modern perspective on an ancient practice., 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)] (Paperback)
This book puts meditation into a scientific and psychological model. Relating meditation to modern knowledge puts it into a modern perspective showing that this practice has great relevence to mental and physical health today. Easy to follow instructions on how to begin the journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Meditate? Matthieu Ricard, 8 Aug 2011
I became aware of Matthieu Ricard from reading and purchasing
his book entitled "Happiness: A Guide to developing Life's most
important skill". As I am seeking to investigate and including the benefits of
meditation into my life, this book seemed an obvious natural next step.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good starting!, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)] (Paperback)
It's a good starting for people who want to start to meditate. It's simple and clear to understand and also you can do the exercises by yourself.

Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)]
Why Meditate? [With CD (Audio)] by Matthieu Ricard (Paperback - 1 Sep 2010)
9.31