Wisdom of the Hidden Realms Oracle Cards
Format: CardsChange
Price:£12.78+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 17 March 2010
You know those days when you just can't 'figure out what it's all about???
Well, by using these cards, you'll soon find out.

It's not for nothing that they are called the Wisdom of the HIDDEN Realms, because they do indeed point precisely to those spots in our own behaviour and personality that we have preferred to hide away.
I work with many different cards and these are my clear favourites, for pointing out what I am refusing to see in myself and where I am beating around the bush.

The cards really provide spot-on readings, provided that you have connected to them, following the meditation in the introduction of the booklet. Funnily enough, my friend tried the cards without going through these steps and didn't recognise or understand the answers she received. So it's worth taking a couple of minutes to really feel the energies of the cards.

If you want to get an idea of them, take a look at Colette Baron-Reid's website, where you can pull a card for a daily reading. After doing that a couple of times, I knew this set had a lot to teach me, and I wanted the booklet at hand to return to the lovely messages.

The artwork is beautiful, the messages are clear and I highly recommend these cards.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 22 February 2011
This card set has blown me away! i never write reviews but for this set i need to!
i have several other decks which, dont get me wrong, i love them all, but this set just wipes the floor with all of them! the artwork is absolutely beautiful, far more so than any other deck i have seen. the messages given, well i guess they have left me lost for words as i dont know how to explain the epicness within the messages the booklet gives. these cards have helped me more than all the other decks put together! they open your mind in a different way other decks do; really make you think. i love how they can be either an ally or a challenger; firstly, it means you are effectively getting a deck of 88 cards (if there are 44 cards in this deck, i dont remember) secondly, the challenger aspects of each card can really open your eyes to something you are not realising, so long as you take the guidance objectively and not offensively.
i have written too much already so i will summarise with .... BUY THESE CARDS THEY ARE AMAZING!! and beautiful ;)
on 16 September 2010
These cards are beautifully illustrated and easy to use. The pictures on each card are set inside of an arch where it looks as though you are viewing them through a window, like an inside view to what lies before you, a window to see enlightenment in any area that your enquiry lies.

The cards have a book which provides clear meanings of each card and how to use them. The book is printed in black and white which is fine because the cards have all the colour and beauty to give any reader insight to their reading.

Each card also has a short meaning printed at the top of the card for fast reference.

Lovely cards and I would recommend them to anyone who loves looking through that window.
on 1 December 2009
I enjoy using this, it's very honest and has an interesting range of characters in it i.e. the spirit whisperer; featuring a lady enigmatically blowing bubbles and steam, the river queen; a mermaid residing in an ocean current with deep eyes and a cascade of dark hair, the chess queen; featuring a confident shoulder shot of a contented female showered in soft golden beams, the phoenix; resurrection, (themed; surrender to change) featuring a lovely orange and red rainbow fiery swhirl. The oracle contains all of these characters and many more. Useful for ritual work if you connect with energies by channeling. Not advisable for reverse as the back depicts a stone archway against cloud.
There are many of the characters one would expect with iconic decks such as a lovers style card and a card about control and taking the lead; similar to the chariot also there are female and male archetypes but unlike tarot their meanings are a little more positive and defined. There are descriptions of the negative sides of the modality but often these tend to be empathic and philosophical such as the need to be supported right now or signalling types of action/inaction to take. The sense of personalities is greater than tarot. I have not yet performed a reading with these other than myself and although I can read without a deck, as a dry run oracle reading you may find these an individual entity despite similarities. This is not necessarily a bad thing and is enjoyable.
on 27 December 2012
These very inspiring cards are the fruit of a consistent and delicate work. Art and spirituality are so well orchestrated that the experience itself of drawing cards is uplifting.

The concept:
Each card depicts a unique entity
Their personality bridges the qualities of the divine through an earthy character
The upright/reversed draw of the card is portrayed as your ally or your challenger, confirming or advising about your present situation
Even though the characters created for the deck do not belong to a pantheon of known deities or angels, the idea of meeting them is beautiful and inspiring to me

The artwork:
The pictures are neither too rich nor too simple, with a realistic touch. Some characters match better than others with the text and yet all are a good support for additional symbolic reading
The card contains a title, number and keywords to simplify the reading!
The back of the card is not the most beautiful that I've seen but its soothing and symetric
The cards are thick and well finished
A golden edge gives a final noble touch. My advice, do not shuffle them hard, just spread them over the divination table or carpet, so this beautiful golden edge stays forever

The result:
Great insight , the comments are very clear, interesting and accurate. A good deck for beginners or for one-card reading during a session
I love this work, I offered this oracle cards to many people already and they all said it was a great Birthday/Christmas present.
Fully recommended!

Other recommendations:
Psychic Tarot by John Holland
Medicine cards by Jamie Sams & David Carson
Healing with the angels by Doreen Virtue

Thanks for rating my review and best regards,
Ariel
on 12 June 2010
whal these cards are fantastic. Very exquisite looking cards with gold edging. Beautiful illustrations and have ally and challenger result depending on which way you pull the card out so many variations given. Really great card deck, the best i have seen or used. Colette Baron Reid is an excellent intuitive and so are these cards. Have answered many questions astonishingly true. Recommend to everyone. The cards dont lie!! I take them very seriously, your message will jump out at you!! Beautiful cards that can help you or others on your personal journey.
on 7 June 2010
These cards truly are magical!

The designs are bright, beautifully designed and contrary to what some people have said about the border taking up too much of the card, i think the amount of art work shown is just right, each card is like looking through a little window into the hidden realm itself!

These are the same size as most Oracle cards but they are not thick and stiff like some cards can be so they are easy to handle! They can also be mixed with other cards easily and work well with the Wisdom of Avalon Oracle cards. If you like Tarot they are also the same size as the psychic tarot by John Holland so they can be mixed with this pack for a more interesting reading!

Not only are these cards accurate, they are very light hearted offering advice on how to move from a situation rather than negative responses!

They are also great for meditation, using them to connect with the hidden realm and great for magick work too!
on 20 May 2014
There are so many different decks on the market I was not too optimistic that these cards would be any different, and was therefore delighted to discover that they do indeed have a different edge to other decks. Over the years I have built up a collection of a veritable plethora of various types of Tarot cards and reading systems, but these are definitely the most constructive deck I have come across to date. Other decks may tell you what is around the corner or in your current surroundings, but these cards tell you how to deal with it. They have an uncanny knack of tuning in to circumstances and give useful direction as to the best way forward. A very interesting deck to work with. The artwork is stunning, even though they use super imposed photographs, which in the past has been a huge no-no for me, an instant turn off, but with these I don't even notice, they are so artisically done. I do have to overcome the rather flowery language and the constant references to the Divine et al, but once that obstacle has been removed I would say these are among the best cards I have ever worked with. The mobile phone app is utterly brilliant too. Fully recommended both in terms of quality and useability.
on 17 May 2010
How wonderful to experience a completely different deck of cards and for them to be so accurate!
The clarity of the explanations give crystal clear directions to a puzzled and confused mind. To be used for guidance through life's maze of diverse twists and turns, giving solace and a quiet thought provoking message.
People who have never used divination cards are very skeptical, however these touch deep into areas that most of us prefer to keep in the dark.
on 25 March 2013
I absolutely love these cards. It is uncanny how apt and accurate they are and it never fails to amaze me that the messages I receive from them are spot on and relate completely to the issues I have on any particular day. For people who like playing with oracle cards, I would thoroughly recommend them.