5.0 out of 5 stars The Love Shines Through......., 11 April 2010
This review is from: Chants of a Lifetime: Searching for a Heart of Gold (Hardcover)
This book has everything a serious spiritual aspirant needs.Krishna Das has written a wonderful review of his time in India with his Guru, Neem Karoli Baba. For those who know Krishna Das, and who are familiar with his fabulous chanting, this book is a must. He not only gives us a deeper insight into how and why he became a chant master but also, along the way, he gives us solid advice on how to keep our feet firmly on the ground whilst doing our own spiritual practice.This is a book I shall cherish and read again and again. Thank you K.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chants of a Lifetime Krishna Das, 11 Jan 2011
I have had this book bought for me by a good friend and I have now read it 3 times and the CD that is given with it is just fatastic!!! I find KD's chanting really opens up the heart and when listening to it on my Ipod makes me want to chant out load. I bought one for another good friend of mine and she feels the same as I do about this wonderful man,I only wish more people were given the chance to hear him,he really is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 29 July 2010
Lisa Maynard "Mrs Kasani" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had never heard of Krisha Das before being given a copy of this book, and it has been an absolute pleasure and delight to read his story. The struggles he has gone through on his spiritual journey are very humbling and honest, moving and joyful, it was such a profound journey to read. I really feel that this book has the potential to change or inspire people's lives. It certainly has for me. I was also so happy that he had quoted Rumi and St John of the Cross throughout, as these are more of my favourite writers. Just brilliant all round!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make ur heart melt and purify ur soul with so much love in this beautiful book, 5 May 2011
Krishna Das is truly an incredible and most melodious meditation n chanting guru, he sings and you will feel you soul connecting to almighty , his beautiful chants and extastic voice will steal you heart into transdental world into peace and love , you will love KD more if you know him after you read this book , if you dobt know him you will still love KD:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 2 Jan 2012
KD's recordings have long made Indian devotional chants more accessible for the westerner. With this frank description of his own spiritual journey he tells us of his time with his guru Neem Karoli Baba and his return to the west. Having read fairly widely in and around this area I found KD got to the heart of things and conveyed them wonderfully. He uses some sanskrit terms without getting too technical in such a way as to go more than surface deep while remaining accessible in his exposition of the path of bhakti yoga (i.e. chanting as a spiritual path). The stories of his wonderful guru are amazing and inspirational. He is Frank and open about his own failings and how his spiritual path has helped overcome these. If you are a fan of 'Autobiography of a Yogi', you won't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 21 Sep 2011
A really easy to read book full of stories of KDs journey into himself and his devotion to his Guru Neem Karoli Baba. There's a really great CD too.

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful book to bring the divine love into your life. Hari Om!, 30 Oct 2014
I loved this book. For many years I've been a fan of KD listening to his music daily during yoga and meditative practice. It was great getting to know a bit more about him and his Guru.

the book is very honest, it's as if he's speaking directly to you. in fact, the only negative point I had was that he seems to lose 'the thread' on a few occasions - where he starts on a topic, divulges, but never returns to the original topic - but hey! I'm guilty of that in real life - so makes the book a bit more human.

I finished the book a few days before seeing the screening of his film. To be honest, I preferred the book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the chants and buy this book!, 11 Jun 2014
Linda Ciardiello "mavric" (Windsor, Berks England) - See all my reviews
Absolutely wonderful inspirational account of the life of Krishna Das and the power of chant to transform us. I could hardly put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 24 Feb 2014
An honest, inspiring, most affecting story of this amazing chanter.
I loved every page, my copy is now tear stained too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, personal and deeply spiritual., 19 April 2013
Chants of a Lifetime is an intensely personal account of Krishna Das's own spiritual journey. Although I personally have no sympathy for people who create merry hell for themselves and people around them because of their drug abuse and subsequent depression, paranoia etc. Krishna Das's story has simple honesty about it. He doesn't try to hide or manipulate the reader to 'like' him. But you end up loving him anyway! How can you not, after the lengths he has gone to, in his soul searching, in following his guru, in loving wholeheartedly, and selflessly, which eventually lead him to chanting which turns out to be his lifeline.
Stories of Neem Karoli Baba are beautifully told.

I enjoyed reading the book and listening to the chants CD.

Chants of a Lifetime: Searching for a Heart of Gold
Chants of a Lifetime: Searching for a Heart of Gold by Krishna Das (Hardcover - 5 April 2010)