Format: Cards|Change

on 18 December 2009
The Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck, is very easy to use with a very good accompanying booklet to get you started.

If you are familiar with the rider waite tarot you will grasp the meaings even quicker.

As Mr Holland suggests, read the booklet as much as you need and then leave it alone to develop your own 'seeing' skills further.
I also used my rider waite deck, and was pleased to see that there were similarities to the reading i gave with his deck.

Personally i believe this is a good deck for anyone. If you like chakras, colours and numerology this is also evident in the cards

Give it a try. After all, if you ground and focus you should get some good results, as long as you accept what the cards are hinting at and not what you want to see!:-)
on 21 May 2009
Like most would be tarot/oracle readers I own several decks and am always on the look out for the one that in particular 'speaks' to me. This deck is it for me. It gives the most accurate readings I have ever done. Some of these readings have been quite spooky in what they have revealed and this can take a bit of handling. There are no reversals which gives a much more positive and helpful view of a situation.

The pictures are stunning and contain so much detail you can almost do a reading without looking at John's explanations. I find them really intuitive as each time you do a reading your eyes will be drawn to a detail you may not have noticed before or is suddenly more prominent than usual. His booklet gives a lot of extra detail to add to your interpretations.

He links the oracle cards to Tarot cards so for those of you more familiar with true Tarot you will find many similarities. The major difference is that the 'suits' only go up to 9 and there are no court cards. All the major Arcana cards are represented. The unusual thing about this deck is that he uses numerology and colours in addition to the traditional readings. There are also 7 chakra cards relating to the body's spiritual energy.

Although I have given a 5 star rating for the deck I have just one small niggle and that is the quality of the cards themselves. Although great illustrations, quite good card thickness and the gold edge detail is lovely, the corners of the cards tend to damage easily and I do feel that with regular use these cards will be prone to de-lamination. This is a great shame because with a little extra cost I think these could have been made much better quality.

However this will not stop me keep using them and if necessary I shall buy another deck!
0Comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2011
I was initially drawn to this deck because of the beautiful artwork and I must say- I'm 100% happy with it on that front. All of the cards are emotive and attractive and can easily become part of meditation or reflection. What is worth noting (and is something I did not know before I bought them) is that the usual suits aren't there by name. The deck is sorted into the Major Arcana (but with different names e.g. The Wheel of Fortune becomes Destiny) and four suits which have different coloured borders. The 'suits' are not referred to as cups, swords etc. and do not contain the usual symbols/imagery. Furthermore, there is another section in the deck called Chakra cards- so one can focus on a particular chakra should it crop up in a reading. Lastly, there is not the usual amount of cards in the deck.

Overall, I think this deck would be fabulous for the experienced reader, which I'm not- but won't let this dishearten me. However, I'm planning to purchase another deck with the usual symbology whilst I'm studying the tarot. This is a very intuitive deck which is, ultimately, quite beautiful.
on 1 July 2009
I absolutely love theses cards, and believe me, I have a large collection of divination cards. I love the way they have added Chakra cards into the pack and that the minor arcana are broken down as, Physical, Emotional, Mental, & Spirit. The graphics are full of symbolism, you can't help be drawn to them. These cards are very different to most Tarot packs. They really have thought out each and every topic and placed imagery that helps you to read the cards without having to constantly refer to the book. They are very different and the artwork is very colourful. If you've never fancied getting a pack of Tarot because you think they seem complicated, then try these, you will not be disappointed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 July 2009
The Psychic Tarot Oracle Deck (Cards)

These are a lovely set of 65 largish gold edged cards and have a small book explaining every one of them and arrive in a hardback /cardboard storage box, they vary from the usual 78 card sets, as here we have are 22 Major arcana, and 36 Minor arcana with 9 of each they are divided into Physical,(equates to coins),Emotions(equates to cups),Mental(equates to wands) and Spirit(equates to swords)plus 7 chakra cards.

The author John Holland is himself a psychic and the striking images are unusual but very bright and colourful and interesting to look at and soak up each one, I am still learning their meanings but soon as I opened box I was drawn to them .

They were initially all fused to one another as tightly packed in box, and had to carefully separate each card so the first few shufflings were tricky as they seems intent on being fused to the card nearby but once they were all laid out they really are gorgeous to look at and gold edges with purple backs makes for a nice talking point before the questioner has begun to shuffle.

They look expensive and they dont dissapoint.
on 5 June 2009
I've been reading cards and working with spirit for about 7 yrs now and i;ve got a fair few packs, this is a gr8 pack, easy to work with, easy to read, gr8 little pack, not a big fan of the books who normally come with cards but even the book is a nice little read, defo buy this pack out of the most of them which are sold, its hard i find buying online but this pack is a real "worth it buy"
on 6 November 2010
I love this deck. The pictures are beautiful with vibrant colours. Although I am not great at reading the cards (always have to look at book) the definitions are clear and concise and easy to relate to.
on 1 July 2011
I am new to tarot reading but was immediately drawn to these cards when I saw them. They are different to the usual deck but I really like the colours and the pictures and find that I can usually "see" quite a lot in each one before looking at the booklet for an explanation. They also feel nice when dealing and shuffling them. All in all I would say if you are looking for something a little different in tarot cards these are well worth looking at.
on 19 January 2012
I have always had an interest in reading Tarot cards but have always found it very complex. These cards make it accessible to everyone, they are easy to read, interpret and have amazing artwork and wording, plus the added bonus of having the 7 chakra cards bring a whole new depth to the pack. I absolutely recommend these cards and I will be using these for life. Very happy :)
on 3 July 2011
I really love these cards, there is so much to them and I have found them highly accurate, and not at all negative! I like the different sections of cards major arcana, minor arcana which are split into physical cards, emotions,mental,spirit and finally the chakra cards, these cards give you soo much information whilst doing readings......... absolutely love them :)