4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, really inspirational
I bought this book after seeing and hearing Dr David Hamilton a few weeks ago. I was blown away by what he said, by his dynamic presence and his total integrity. I'd been a bit cynical beforehand, thought it would be another "new age-y" thing, but I was so wrong! All his arguments/statements are based soundly on scientific research findings, nothing is pure theory, and...
Published on 18 May 2010 by Ms. N. K. Neckles

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitious
I whole heartedly agree with points Hamilton makes in this book, but I did find it a tad tiresome. I'm not so into science (or laymen's interpretations of it) that I found it unnecessary to go from one scientific study to another, all making the same point.
Yes, this book will open your eyes to everything's connectedness and so it should. But as he says, the change...
Published 22 months ago by Kia

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I Read in Ages, 11 April 2010
This review is from: It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works (Paperback)
I brought this book for my Dad for christmas 2009 and he read it and gave it back to me soon after suggesting I should read it myself. I'm glad he did because it is a great book and explains complicated science in the simplest terminology. David has a talent for his quirky style of writing too, he packs interesting facts and humour into his witty pros. As a first book it is truly mesmorizing, I loved it and am stunned by some of the evidence which is put forth for mind over matter and how the mind can heal the body.

buy now, don't waste any more time reading reviews this is a must read, read, read...

5.0 out of 5 stars change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change!!, 14 May 2006
This book is brilliant as it proves for all of us western left brained dominant people, that there is a science behind miracles. I attended a talk by the writer and was instantly in awe to see someone who not only truly believed in what they were saying but was actually excited by it. For anyone who is slightly put off with the stigma attatched to self development then this is the book for you!!! As this this is not self development this is self realisation!! I have read many books by great speakers, and even though i am somebody who is deeply committed to daily meditation, i still need to know that my own personal truths, as to what is achievable and what is possible are based on more then airy fairy platitudes!! well this book was exactly what the doctor ordered, it helps you realise what dormant powers and abillities we have inside of us, whilst explaining it in an easy to grasp mannor, for all those who want to believe that there has to be more, but just need some facts and data....this is the book for you!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 1 April 2011
One of my top 5 self-help books. David captures you straight away with this down to earth approach on science and mind over matter. You feel like he is actually speaking to you, even though he may cover some 'deep' subjects it is easy to understand and process. I have read it a number of times and have referred more than 10 occasions.

I have particularly found this book to even impress people who are not on a 'spiritual' path, as it's non-religious and can be understood by anyone from anywhere.

Definitely would recommend this to your reads and see your life change before you. You think and feel completely different from only a few chapters in and it's you who's doing it!

For me David Hamilton is the Positivity Guru of Great Britain.

Kyle Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars A scientific 'law of attraction', 21 Feb 2011
Mrs. S. A. Cardew (Shropshire,England) - See all my reviews
Ever had trouble trying to explain to your friends and loved ones about how we are creators of our own universe? Worry no more, David Hamilton provides back-up for all that we know in a very readable book. Flaky new age ideas become scientific fact in front of your very eyes! Well, not quite, however even the most hardened skeptics on 'Law of Attraction' stuff should be encouraged to take a look through these pages - food for thought indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It the thought that counts, 19 Jan 2010
This is a very enlightening and helpful book with lots of information that is easily put into practice to enable you to live a happy and fulfilled life by the deliberate power of your personal thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading !! Very inspirational..., 24 Jun 2005
This book is amazing !! I totally loved it. I felt a different person after reading it and would recommend this book to anyone, it is very easy to read even a child could pick it up and understand the whole meaning and picture of the message that is being put across. After reading this book you will understand that it definitely is 'The Thought That Counts' !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An insight to how thoughts effect the world- a tool for change, 18 Aug 2013
Those of you interested in the mind, how thoughts effect change, DNA, the subconscious, energy and the quantum field- this book provides an insight into new concepts on how you can use thoughts to change your world. The information is here providing you with ideas and methods of your own on how to change everything in your life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really makes a lot of sense, 2 Nov 2011
This book makes so much sense and really can change the way you look at what you think. Even when you think you are being positive there is usually and underlying negative thought lurking around. I have found this book such an insight and very helpful in challenging my thoughts for a more positive outcome. A really good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the thought that counts, 18 Feb 2011
Excellent book I will read it time and time again and so will my friends I reccomend everyone should read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book, 15 Sep 2010
Marlene Fleming "Marlene" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent, thought provoking book with it's emphasis on how the mind and our thoughts affect our thinking and our health. Thoroughly recommended.

It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works by Dr. David Hamilton (Paperback - 26 Jun 2008)
7.66