4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, really inspirational
Published on 18 May 2010 by Ms. N. K. Neckles

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitious
I whole heartedly agree with points Hamilton makes in this book, but I did find it a tad tiresome. I'm not so into science (or laymen's interpretations of it) that I found it unnecessary to go from one scientific study to another, all making the same point.
Published 23 months ago by Kia

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, really inspirational, 18 May 2010
This review is from: It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works (Paperback)
I bought this book after seeing and hearing Dr David Hamilton a few weeks ago. I was blown away by what he said, by his dynamic presence and his total integrity. I'd been a bit cynical beforehand, thought it would be another "new age-y" thing, but I was so wrong! All his arguments/statements are based soundly on scientific research findings, nothing is pure theory, and it's incredibly powerful - the power of the mind is demonstrated over and over again, and it's really uplifting. Buy it! Read it! Remember it! Then go do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars You should read this book, infact everyone should read this book!, 23 Feb 2009
Shelley C. Bowers (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book after seeing Dr Hamilton speak at the MBS show in Manchester - he was inspiring! This book is written in a langauge that means you don't have to know anything about the quantum field to understand what Dr Hamilton is trying to tell us. He explains what the current theories about the quantum field are, how it connects to the universe - including us - and how powerful intentions are, amongst other things. If we could all understand just how much control we have over our bodies perhaps there would not be so much illness in the world! Another good book I am now reading is Deepak Chopra's 'Quantum Field healing' and I have Candace Perts 'Molecules of emotion', lined up next - can't wait!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another contribution to the mind over matter philosophy, 22 Aug 2010
Dr. H. A. Jones "Howard Jones" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
It's the Thought that Counts: Why mind over matter really works by David Hamilton, Hay House, London, 2005, 224 ff.

Another contribution to the mind over matter philosophy
By Howard Jones

This book would provide a good introduction to Candace Pert's book on the same subject, Molecules of Emotion. Dr Pert's book is quite biochemical and might seem rather challenging for those without a fair science background. Dr Hamilton also qualified as a medical chemist and while working for a pharmaceutical company studying the effects of drugs he noticed how effective placebos were in producing the desired remedies without the sometimes drastic side-effects of pharmaceutical preparations.
To paraphrase his opening comments: the book describes how all of our thoughts and emotions, ideas, beliefs, hopes and dreams affect the condition of every part of our bodies working through neuropeptides, a subject in which Candace Pert was a pioneer. As well as directly influencing the circumstances of our own lives, these hormones indirectly influence other minds throughout the world through the coherence that is a characteristic of the world in its quantum physics interpretation. Psychologist C.J. Jung described this global mind-set as the collective unconscious.
The mind-body interaction works both ways: if you can, through focused volition, induce the mind into a state of calm or positive creativity, this will benefit the body - a good example of this is the benefit of placebo medication. But negative thoughts have the reverse nocebo effect on the body, while negative influences like `recreational' drugs or contaminants in food and water taken into the body adversely affect the mind. These effects have been widely publicised in a number of academic journals and books written by biochemists, pharmacologists and psychologists.
Hamilton here surveys the benefits of meditation, faith healing, prayer and homeopathy, working through DNA. The structure of the DNA found in most of the cells in the body is fixed in the developing foetus, but it has been discovered over the last decade or so that its conformation and function can be modified by these neuropeptides working through RNA: the result is that our DNA is influenced by how we think and feel. This is what is meant by visualisation - thinking yourself well. Genes are influenced positively by peace and love, negatively by fear and anger. This brings us to The Power of Intention, the title of another book by Wayne Dyer. Louise Hay herself has written several books on this subject.
This is a very readable and inspiring book for those who are willing and able to take its message on board and use it to change their lives for the better. There are References and an Index at the end of the book.

Dr Howard A. Jones is the author of The Thoughtful Guide to God (2006) and The Tao of Holism (2008), both published by O Books of Winchester, UK.

You Can Heal Your Life: 20th Anniversary Edition
Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living The Wisdom Of The Tao

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational and Mind Blowing read!, 24 May 2005
By A Customer
This book really inspired me. It made me realise the power that lies within me and how I can release it. It has amazing scientific studies in it that completely blew me away! And Dr. David Hamilton explains it so simply that even a young child could understand it! This is a must read!! He talks about DNA, distant healing, prayer and the power of our intentions amongst other things. He also goes on to explain how each individual affects the whole world everyday and teaches how being loving and compassionate makes a bigger difference than you think. A truly inspirational and wonderful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, gripping reading...., 29 Oct 2009
This book was so good that immediately I had finished reading, I turned to the beginning and started reading it again. Throughout the book, there was so many stunning, fascinating, awe-inspiring and intriguing facts revealed that I am pretty sure I held my breath through most of it, and could not turn pages fast enough.

Chapter 1 presents fascinating data and facts which explain how the mind and body are connected; how the mind affects the body physically, and how the body can affect the mind. This chapter serves as a building block for how it's the thought that counts as you progress throughout the book. Chapter 2 brilliantly shows how the placebo effect works in our minds, and how our mind really can get involved to heal our body. Chapter 3 focuses on DNA; I personally found this revolutionary - it's a `must-read'. Chapter 4 is about the power of intention and how things can be changed by the power of touch and the power of the mind. The facts presented are extremely interesting and thought-provoking. There are 14 chapters in total, each worth a mention, but this review would get too long!

There is a phenomenal amount of research data provided to present facts and arguments throughout the book; it helps back up why mind over matter really works. The book is written in an easy to follow fashion, so you don't need to be a scientist to make sense of the facts. The book is gripping, from beginning to end. Once I read this, I knew I had so many changes to make in my way of thinking and now know how to make my little part of the world a better place through my thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab little book with so much truth, 25 April 2006
Jill Wigmore Welsh (UK) - See all my reviews
I found this book by chance while skimming somewhere on the net. When it arrived it was with a whole pile of books I bought. This one got read cover to cover. David Hamilton has a easy style, This book has something old, something new, something borrowed and a lot of lateral new thinking and information drawn together froma plethora of sources. Its great and rare to actually have references in a book. This is one book I will recommend to ALL my friends and my clients who want to know more about the body / mind connection and Faith and healing. Buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 24 Jun 2005
By A Customer
Dr Hamilton should be applauded for the work carried out to provide us with such a fantastic book. He has inspired me and will no doubt inspire the thousands that will read his book. The information provided on distant healing and scientific studies carried out are mind blowing. If people share the love and prayer that Dr Hamilton has provided then the world will be a better place for us all to live in. This is a must read book and will give you a new and positive outlook in life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing's either good or bad but thinking makes it so, 26 Dec 2009
The author was appearing at the Mind Body Spirit show in London which I was unable to attend so I bought his books in the hope that they would have the same information that his presentation would have had.

I think that both books, It's the Thought that counts' and 'How your Mind can Heal your Body' make interesting reading but contain less on 'how to do it yourself' material. For this reason I've given it on 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitious, 20 Aug 2012
Kia (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Yes, this book will open your eyes to everything's connectedness and so it should. But as he says, the change for the better starts within oneself and I for one, did not find this book helping me much on my personal quest for a better, more compassionate and fulfilling life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 18 Jan 2012
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The power of thought is a popular concept and this is an inspirational book which reminds us that we create our own reality. If we change our thoughts we can change what is going in our lives. Many people will consider it to be mumbo jumbo but science is starting to discover how powerful our minds can be. Laughter and prayer can both help to heal and promote good health. Talking nicely to plants increases the amount they grow by a measurable amount.

Thoughts can affect apparently inanimate objects. Having negative thoughts can mean you get negative results in the material world. Change your thoughts to positive and results will change. There are many references to scientific studies given and these can usually be tracked down on line. The author makes reference to inspirational author whose work he quotes from. There is a list of notes at the end of the book with ideas for further reading.

Even if you think such ideas are rubbish it can do no harm to try changing at least some of your thoughts and see what happens. If nothing changes then you've not lost anything - if something changes life may improve. This is a book to read more than once and to think about in depth and it is written in an easy conversational style which will inspire you to at least try and put its ideas into practice.

It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works
It's The Thought That Counts: Why Mind Over Matter Really Works by Dr. David Hamilton (Paperback - 26 Jun 2008)