5.0 out of 5 stars Manic Mum to Marvellous Mum!
Published on 7 Sep 2006 by Clare B, Manic Mum

2.0 out of 5 stars Time Management for Dummies
Published on 15 July 2011 by IndiaTen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Manic Mum to Marvellous Mum!, 7 Sep 2006
Allison Mitchell's book is a revelation ... you really can turn your life around in just seven weeks if you follow her humorous, easy-to-digest guide to streamlining your day when you're exhausted, frazzled, and drowning in a sea of homework diaries, shopping lists, muddy football boots and ironing mountains. Time Management for Manic Mums is broken down into bite-sized chunks, and Allison even tells you how to find the time to read it! If you take this book seriously and take her advice, you'll soon be the Mistress of Routine and a Diary Goddess. Her Eye of Time exercise made perfect sense and gave me a jolt that I was going round in circles but I really could find some quality time. It's full of simple, quick Top Tips that can save you effort and aggro, and I laughed out loud at her own painfully honest stories of manic motherhood. How to stop procrastinating and learn to delegate, the need for super-systems, and witty Odes on life as a mum ... they're all here. I've two small boys, a hectic job and was losing myself in the chaos. I raise my (empty!) glass to Allison for turning my life around!

5.0 out of 5 stars some thought-provoking writing on domestic time-management, 31 Oct 2006
E. Willett (London, England) - See all my reviews
Extremely useful; extremely readable. My time management being what it is, I haven't followed the 7 week plan to the letter, but this book is full of helpful organisational ideas, time-saving lessons, and positive self-analysis, all of which helps to achieve the holy grail of a bit more down-time. For those of us who feel we are living in a world of time famine this is an essential read

2.0 out of 5 stars Time Management for Dummies, 15 July 2011
This review is from: Time Management For Manic Mums: Get Control of Your Life in 7 Weeks (Paperback)
I bought this book and although there are some useful advice and systems, it is marred by Alison's patronising writing style and stupid quick tips. Things such as 'read this book two words at a time', 'use the speed dial function on your phone', 'keep the lid off your washing tablets so you can just reach in and get what you need' were not really what I was hoping for.
As mentioned, there are a few systems she suggests which can usefully be put into practice but you have to be prepared to be treated like your brain went to mush as soon as you conceived. Each 'helpful' tip is put into terms that us vacant girls can understand, such as shopping basket metaphors, matching shoes to an outfit and the promise of using your new found time to 'laze the day away on a sunbed'. Bleurgh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, down-to-earth advice that works, 22 Aug 2006
I was one of the lucky few to get a sneak at Allison's book before it was published. And I can honestly say that it is a book I can recommend without hesitation to any parent - not just mums. Full of practical stuff that works, humour, real stories and big buckets of common sense. Buy it for any mums you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more mania!, 12 Oct 2006
B. Fidler (Australia) - See all my reviews
I found this book really helpful in organising my extremely manic life! It is an easy read with sensible ideas that are simple to put into practise in your life. Having someone who is in the same boat as me (ie another busy mum) explaining them really helped too. I can't believe how quickly I found the changes working for me.

I would advise anyone to read it - I have and I haven't looked back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a real Manic Mum, 12 Sep 2006
This book could change your life! A lovely read (you feel like Allison is your best friend) full of realistic, useful tips and tools. It has made me appreciate my time, manage my family and my home with efficiency. I think I'm turning into Perfect Paula!!

3.0 out of 5 stars No miracle answers if you have babies/toddlers, 9 April 2008
A. Webster "Ann" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I am a mum to a 6-month-old baby and a 2-year-old and I was hoping for some good tips from this book, but found it to be aimed more at mums with older children of school age. If you needing it pointing out to you that you're watching too much TV and wasting time chatting on the phone then this book is for you. I think I was after multi-tasking tips to cope with the huge amount of work it is looking after two small ones, which I didn't really find in this book. I did, however, get a few useful tips which I have put into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars This really sorted my life out!, 18 Jan 2010
I found this book when I had a two and a half year old and a ten month old and wandered desperately into my local bookshop for inspiration. This was not how life with children was meant to be! No time for myself, and chaos reigning at home. I opened this book at page one, and the author taught me to speed read - now, this woman was speaking my language. Almost four years and two more children later, this is still one of my favourite books. It has genuinely released me to live the life of my dreams. Any time I feel some slippage, out it comes and just a couple of Allison's top tips get me back on the straight and narrow again. Allison, you have truly helped me to create magnificence in my life, and order out of chaos. With four children now, I need you more than ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to know you again, 9 April 2007
Sarah B. (Los Angeles/London) - See all my reviews
The most useful thing I found in this book is transferring my to do list into a daily diary. The diary I was using wasn't big enough so I bought an A4 one where each page holds a To Do, Phone Calls, Appointments and a Reminder header and I've managed to complete all my tasks every day. I feel so much calmer and have stopped trying to accomplish too many things in one day. I also love how you inject your dreams and passions from your Destiny Diary into your Daily Diary... this is "GENIUS." I've always wanted to record a song on a CD professionally and now I've taken the steps because of this book to make this happen for my 40th birthday. The summary pages are a great idea and I use these as my checklists. Thank you Allison for writing such a thoughtful and extremely helpful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 18 Sep 2006
Mrs. Louise Gimson (UK) - See all my reviews
I have realised after reading this book just how much time I was wasting. I am amazed that I am sitting down in the evenings and having more 'me' time. Oh, at this moment in time I also have no ironing in the ironing basket! This has not happened in the past 15 years! Gosh, it actually works.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Time Management For Manic Mums: Get Control of Your Life in 7 Weeks
Time Management For Manic Mums: Get Control of Your Life in 7 Weeks by Allison Mitchell (Paperback - 28 Jun 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01