Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 January 2011
I was a bit awkward about reading this book at all, I am probably not as open minded as I should be. Anyways I picked it up and read some. It said just ask if you want something from your angels. Ok I though give it a go, I sat quietly, meditated and asked my angels to help with all the negative energy I get, I am a carer to my autistic daughter and my neighbour has loads of troubles and no family so she shares them with me. After a while I felt quite peaceful from meditating but did not seem to be told anything. I stretched and picked up the book a bit disappointed, just to flick through. It opened on page 78/79. Cutting Etheric Cords. this was exactly the exercise I needed and I was aware that it was the answer to my question, given to me. I did the exercise straight away and felt the burden fall away from me, I couldn't believe it my headache and tiredness were gone. I also tried the vacuuming, odd as it sounded I was no longer skeptical, it also worked well and made me feel really good. I went back to the beginning of the chapter and read about pink light to stop toxic energy reaching you. I am going to try that too. And now I am going to the beginning and read this book cover to cover. It is an amazing book and could change how you look at the world.
on 6 November 2007
This book is small but it gives you all you need to know on the subject of angels. From who they are to how to contact them, to telling you why we pass over and what to expect when someone close dies. My husband was a sceptic but after reading this book he has changed his view on all this"new age rubbish" as he use to put it. He has attended one of her one day workshops and injoyed it thoughly!! He has also been able to connect with the angelic range since reading and following this book. Read, enjoy and take what you see as right and you will completely get what you need from this little book.Love and Light to you all.
33 comments|184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2008
For me this was definitely a life changing book and one that gave me great comfort and hope. Although small in size, it's an excellent starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about angels and the afterlife. It may be a bit too basic for those who have more knowledge on this subject. I have enjoyed reading other similar books but after reading 'How to Hear Your Angels' I just knew this one was special. I would not hesitate to recommend it, particularly to those who are seeking comfort after the loss of a loved one. However, this is not a book for those who do not truly believe in the presence of angels.
11 comment|105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2009
A wonderful book if you truly want to learn about angels. Well written and easy to follow. I recommend it to those who wish to enhance their knowledge of angels and how they can help us in this world. It is nice to know that you can call for help no matter how big or how small the problem is
on 8 April 2009
Book came as part of a package, but nevertheless its still a great book to have. I'd particularly recommend it for anyone starting out on their angelic journey.
on 28 July 2009
This book is really easy to digest and a real comfort if you have lost someone.
on 24 January 2008
what a refreshing book i know the touch of angels as i am an angel light worker myself, but i still read doreen,s books, this one will touch your heart and help you connect with your guidian angels, and angels, you can with the help of this book feel the touch,believe me we can all live in a nicer world, as you tap into universal energies that invigorate and heal leading to true fulfilment and happiness great book well done to a wonderful author

words wrote from author of [the calling of your true self] this will also help you understand spirit together they will help you tap in
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2009
I am not too sure how much i actually believed and wanted to believe in the contents of this book but I really enjoyed dipping in and out of it and it was very comforting.
I have previously reviewed another of Doreen Virtue's books - "Archangels and ascended masters" and have given it five stars. This book. however, I found less interesting, unfortunately, a bit wishy-washy and filled with various pieces of assorted information. However, I see the other reviewers have found the book very good.

The book does comprise some useful information, including a description of a procedure to open your third eye, though I haven't tried this out yet. Virtue also gives us the helpful advice to surround ourselves with pink light in order to avoid being invaded by the toxic energy of others. She also provides us with instructions as to how to cut etheric cords, i.e. fear-based attachments to oneself made by others.

Altogether, the book does include various good features. I, personally, just didn't find it to be particularly readable. Many may well appreciate it, as I see from the other reviewers is in fact the case, it's an individual matter, though I didn't find it to be a book I absolutely would recommend.
on 4 November 2011
I have been working on my spiritual path for a few years and wanted to get into contact with spirits and angels. This book was a waste of time (and money). It's all very nice and pretty and lovely and sweet and wonderful, but it doesn't actually teach you how to work on hearing your guides. All very vague, getting you nowhere.

Her constant marketing throughout the book, referring to books that she or her husband had written, published by such and such (only the ISBN numbers and prices were missing!), was rather irritating. She's desperate to sell you dreams of a magical life, but does not help you with achieving it at all.

If all you wish to do is go "oooooh" and "woaaaaow" and then shut the book and forget about it all, then that book is for you.