4.0 out of 5 stars A misleading title but an excellent book

1.0 out of 5 stars everything you need to know about me, me, me
Published on 11 May 2007 by A. Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars everything you need to know about me, me, me, 11 May 2007
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this book, having heard much about Candace Pert as a feminist scientist, and its title seemed to promise so much ... but I found the style almost unbearable. I've read many self-help books (as I have recently been ill), and most of them - from Louise Hay to Deepak Chopra - are motivated towards the reader and are compasionate and giving in their advice. But this book was about the author not the readers. It followed Candace as she gave papers, did book signings, met friends for coffee and flew on planes, all the time reminding us what great work she had done and how her audience loved her. I'm sure this is true - but this was not how the book advertised itself. I was hoping for insight and sound advice - what I got was a self-absorbed and meandering disappointment. I've not written a review before - but I was motivated to write this one to save other people from wasting money when there are so many other books that offer so much more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says on the tin, 30 Mar 2008
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
From the title, I was expecting the usual format of a self-help book. However, this is more in the form of a biography, similar to the books of Doreen Virtue; but lacking the 'ah-ha!' moments and insights that I often find in those. It also lacked the more in-depth science I was hoping for. There was some interesting information; but it wasn't everything I needed to know, and by the end I didn't feel good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Navel gazing, 28 Jun 2009
Mimi Moor - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
I normally buy on Amazon and check reviews before buying, but I had some birthday book tokens so hit my local book store for a binge.

Candace Pert is well known as a feminist scientist, and I'd previously read her book Molecules of Emotion so had great expectations for this one. I kept turning the pages hoping to find some information or relevation that justified the title but by the time I got to the end I still hadn't found anything. The title says Everything You Need to know to Feel Good... but there is nothing in there that tells you anything you need to know to feel anything! With her background it's not unreasonable she might have some light to shed on the subject, but this is just the story of an endless stream of Ms Pert's coffee trips, airport lounges and meetings with nice people. All well and dandy but not what I expected or what I paid for. With her repeated comments of how she always aspired to be the best she really missed the target this time - this is definitely a D minus. I'm really amazed this got published as it is rather self-absorbed and adds nothing to the canon of excellent self help books out there. Sorry Candace!

4.0 out of 5 stars A misleading title but an excellent book, 1 Oct 2007
N. Betts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
Am motvated to write this in response to the first reviewers comment. It would seem she has been mislead and therefore disappointed by the book. It is not your usual self-help book, rather a journey with candace pert whereby you learn of some interesting organisations, amazing theories on health and 'bodymind' and the struggle of one woman trying to cure AIDS. Having read her previous book 'molecule of emotion' - i found this far more accessible, maybe as a reaction to the over scientific nature of 'molecules'. This book doesn't give a 'happy' formula, it does totally open up the narrow definition we have of science and its applications, with some mind blowing facts along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to get to know your bodymind better this is an essential book., 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
This book has allowed me to own my own health and given me power to never need to believe everything a doctor or psychiatrist tells me.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book..., 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good (Paperback)
i really enjoyed this book but it did leave me wondering what the sequel ,if there was one,would contain.not a book for reading in the garden on a spring day but informative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Oct 2014
Brilliant!

Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good
Everything You Need To Know To Feel Good by Candace Pert PhD (Paperback - 22 Feb 2007)