4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview
Sonia Choquette: Ask Your Guides

Published on 3 April 2008 by Mags | Woo-Woo Wisdom

3.0 out of 5 stars Ask Your Guides
Didn't gel with these Oracle Cards, in the end I gave them away, which is a shame. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
Published 19 months ago by V. P. Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview, 3 April 2008
Sonia Choquette: Ask Your Guides

In this book, Sonia not only discusses the various angelic influences on our lives, but also goes into detail regarding the different roles that spirit guides can play in our lives, from "runners" who help us with practical details (yes, like finding a parking space!) to those who help us in a teaching capacity to transcend our egos and become more consciously aware.

I bought Sonia's book about a year ago after a psychic reading in which I was introduced briefly to one of my guides, and it was extremely useful in helping me meet and interact with the various spirits who form my guide team. I would certainly recommend it as an excellent overview of this subject. However, I'd also recommend that you read a variety of sources in this regard. This is mainly because interacting with spirit guides can be like interacting with people on the physical plane - we all have different ways of communicating with others, and what works for one person may not work for another. I certainly found it helpful to read about the different approaches that others have used, and to integrate these into a system that works for me. Ultimately, what matters is developing a strong and clear connection with your guides, and this can be achieved in multiple ways. Apart from Sonia's work in this regard, I've also benefited from the wisdom of Andrea Hess, Slade Roberson and Erin Pavlina. Currently, only Andrea has a book available, but I would encourage you to also visit her blog, as well as those of Slade and Erin.

When it comes to making the decision to buy a book like Sonia's and invest the time and effort into making a connection with your guides, possibly the most important questions needing answering are: Does it "work"? And is it worth it? The answers are: yes. And yes. It may feel strange at first to attempt to connect to your guides, especially since many people worry when they start whether they are really connecting or just making it all up. It is important to remember here that, because our minds bridge the physical and spiritual worlds, our guides use our thoughts and imaginations to connect with us. We have also been used to our guides presence since they've been communicating with us all along - we've just called it "a feeling", or "intuition". At the start it can then definitely feel like we are making it up because it seems so "normal" to us - there are no big booming voices from above! As you persevere, though, you will be able to tell the difference between communication from your guides and your own thoughts as they do have different energy signatures. As you learn more about guides from books like Sonia's, you'll have personal experience that convinces you that it "works". And in terms of it being worth the effort... well, the proof is in the pudding! Your life will be enriched by having access to a group of spiritual beings who love you, support you and guide you towards your highest path and purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Spiritual Assistance from your Personal Universal Helpers", 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Ask Your Guides (Paperback)
Sonia Choquette's "Ask Your Guides" book is very powerful and healing. This book has been very helpful to me. I say this because I use to think that you had to be perfect and the societal version of a saintly person to recieve spiritual blessings and help before discovering her book. When I discovered "Ask Your Guides" by Sonia Choquette an awareness came on within me that everyone is worthy of spiritual blessings and beneficial universal resources regardless of how they lived their life. I admit that I happen to be a heart-centered person who is a mixture of a free spirit blended with a compassionate personality. Reading Sonia Choquette's "Ask Your Guides" book is very healing because it contains information on how everyone can attract the assistance from powerful and benevolent universal helpers and resources if they ask, believe, and listen to any intuitive promptings. Sonia Choquette is also one of the authors that I respectfully give credit to that helped me open my eyes to being aware of help from my higher self. The following is some of the life-changing information contained in this book.

1) How to prepare to meet your spirit guides. (I really enjoy that she lists some answers to frequently asked questions such as the number of spirit guides someone has, in addition to who they are and where they come from.
2) Information on steps to take regarding how to write to your guides and other members of your divine support system.
3) How to know if you are dealing with negative entities, setting clear boundaries, and some powerful information on what to do in order to send them away, and be a clear channel for celestial and positive energies.
4) Sonia includes beneficial data on speaking to your guides through oracles.
5) All of the chapters in the book are very informative and soul nourishing. However, I confess that my favorite chapter of this book is titled: Your Higher Self:The Greatest Guide of All. Sonia includes enlightening details on connecting with your higher self, and she builds a persuasive case on why connecting with your higher self is one of the most important goals that a person can have.

"Ask Your Guides" by Sonia Choquette is a magnificent book that contains life changing and helpful information that is in the same spirit as "Spiritual Growth: Being Your Higher Self" by Sanaya Roman. I really enjoy and cherish the "Ask Your Guides" book by Sonia Qhoquette because I am always able to reference and apply the illuminating information contained within through the challenging times as well as the good times in my life. "Ask Your Guides" by Sonia Choquette is very helpful to have handy if you believe and/or you experience an abundance of miracles in your life, and you desire a handbook that assists in tapping into this positive energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 Jan 2008
This review is from: Ask Your Guides (Paperback)
I love this book so much. What a great book.... it really makes you think. I have already started putting what the author says about your angels & guides into practice, and it is already working .... I feel that the author has very valid points. What I really like about this book, other than it's great message, is the fact that it is very straightforward and easy to read. I would recommend this book to anyone and since this is the first book I have read by this author, I have every intention of buying more of her books. Can't wait to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask Your Guides, 21 Dec 2007
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ask Your Guides (Paperback)
How many times have you had that little nagging feeling about something and ignored it only to regret it later? Too many times to count? Me too...

I'm not sure why we tend to ignore our intuition. We know that each time we do, we're going to end up unhappy. I guess following our intuition seems like such a big leap of faith, especially when the actions seem to push us towards being honestly ourselves and following our bliss. The thought of being completely happy, the ability to trust our inner guidance, and the understanding that intuition is actually a form of divine guidance may be difficult to fully accept.

Ask Your Guides helps makes the transition a lot easier. From a very young age, the author learned to nurture her intuition and welcome divine guidance in all its forms. Not only has she learned to listen to that little voice but she has become proactive in seeking out appropriate resources that guide and help smooth the bumps of daily life. Ask Your Guides shows the reader how they too can learn these skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
brill

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to read, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ask Your Guides (Kindle Edition)
I have read a number of books and articles on this subject and never get too far because they are so badly written I get bored trying to decipher the vocabulary! This book was given to a friend by a mutual friend and was recommended to me.
It is very well written. It gives you simple exercises to do. The author gives clear examples of what has happened to her and others but it doesn't detract from what she is reaching you.
I would recommend it to others

3.0 out of 5 stars Ask Your Guides, 8 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask your Guides, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Ask Your Guides (Kindle Edition)
love..love love this book, I learned so much regarding the spiritual world and what great helpers we have..
Sonia is so inspiring and really explains how to ask and trust your guides.

Ask Your Guides
Ask Your Guides by Sonia Choquette (Paperback - 31 May 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01