on 22 October 2009
I have been working with and teaching about animal totems for many years, this is by far the best book I have ever owned on the subject. It is easy to use, easy to understand and gives more then just the meaning of each animal as power animals, but explains about when they appear and when to call upon them. It covers a very large range of animals including insects. I recommend this book to all my students.
on 22 August 2010
I purchased this book after various animals were appearing during my meditation and reiki sessions and I had no idea what they meant. My friend had this book and said she would show it to me so that I could look them up. I was amazed with what I was reading and had to purchase my own copy for future reference. I also bought the Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards to use along side the book and these are equally amazing.If you're interested in this type of thing you will not be disappointed. Money well spent.
on 7 October 2009
If you are interested in power animals and their meanings, this book is a must as
it is beautifully detailed with all the information you need. If you have been daydreaming about animals or they have come to you in a dream state, the book is really easy to dip into to find the reasons why they have appeared. Amazingly accurate.
on 7 June 2007
Good book - goes well with the 'Power Animal Oracle Cards' by the same author...alot more details in this book of course which is very useful and it gives clear guidance on the power of each totem, when to call on them and what their significance is in your life. Easy to understand and use.
on 14 July 2011
This is an amazing book for anyone interested in working with animal guides / power animals / animal spirits / animal helpers.
It contains many animals and each split into: 1) if an animal appears; 2) when to call on an animal; & 3) if an animal is your guide/power animal.
The author has worked within the field for a long time, and his knowledge is very profound. It is, as it says on the cover, easy to use and easy to understand.
on 7 February 2012
This publication is very useful for anyone interested in Neo-Shamanism or took some of the Shamanic workshops. It encourages the reader into opening into indigenous wisdom of animal kingdom, to continue on his/her own between the workshops. It reveals the beauty of the intelligent spiritual power of animal spirits. Encouraging, relaxing and beauty of the Planet revealing...Strongly recommend to anyone interested in Shamanic practices
VINE VOICEon 7 May 2010
this is quite easy to read and useful as an introduction to power animals.it defines what characteristics each power animal has and what they mean to you. i feel its a good basic book, but if you want more in-depth info go for the Jamie Samms medicine cards which i much prefer.
on 12 May 2012
As it says this is an easy handbook to use hand book. Very impressed by the content and easy reading. No pevious knowledge of the subject necessary.
A must for your bookshelf.
on 14 November 2010
I really like this book and use it often. I have always dreamed of various animals but never been able to interpret any meanings before. This book suggests interpretations and it is up to you to use your intuition to decide how these relate to the individual and their circumstances. Perfectly suitable for the interested lay person.
on 9 March 2013
This book covers not only the meaning of an animal spirit guide but also what a casual encounter with the animal might mean. For me that means in meditation but friends also use this book to interprete the animals they have come across in other ways too. I have never heard of anyone not being able to find what they need in this book and I often hear how relevant Steven's interpretation are. A great book for you collection.