5.0 out of 5 stars A Quantum Achievement
Published on 20 July 2008 by Mr. P. J. Morris

1.0 out of 5 stars pseudo-science
[Later note: "The Longevity Project" by Friedman and Martin is a groundbreaking assessment of what is really directly linked to success, happiness and health. Don't miss!]

Published on 7 Jun 2008 by D&D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quantum Achievement, 20 July 2008
This review is from: Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
Quantum Success has to be THE most insightful treatise on the subject of personal wealth creation that I have ever read. Why? Because the author, Sandra Anne Taylor, genuinely narrates a philosophy that is wholey grounded in metaphysics and plain common sense. If you have ever studied the Cosmic Ordering approach to getting what you want and found that it simply does not work then I emplore you to buy this book for within its pages are contained one essential revelation after another. It took me over six months to read it for time and again I would have to pause over a sentance, or even a simple statement, and allow it to become absorbed into my sub-conscious before moving on. It is a joyous and thoroughly illuminating read. It changed my life - which after reading several hundred publications on the same subject, I had given up hope of ever finding a book that would do so. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Read, 12 April 2010
I liked this book. It's such a positive read. A lot of what the author says makes a lot of sense. I found it spiritual, without being too preachy.
An inspirational read for anyone looking for a new outlook or take on life.
I put into practice a lot of what the author was saying and found that it does actually work. As far as books about the Law of Attraction go, of which I've read a few, I've found this to be amongst one of the best.
The author has a genuine way of putting her points across of which it seems that she actually practices what she preaches.
Worth a read.

1.0 out of 5 stars pseudo-science, 7 Jun 2008
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Urghh - yet another wannabe leaping onto the bandwagon of the so-called Laws of: attraction, magnetism, letting go, etc, etc! The front cover alleges it's about "the astounding science of wealth and happiness" but the book barely refers to a single piece of scientific research. I'm fed up with this sort of pseudo-science, which wasted so much of my time and money till I got wiser to it all.

If you really want good, practical advice on happiness:
- "Happy for No Reason" by Kline
"The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want" by Sonja Lyubomirsky
- (for detailed action steps that work well with "How") "Emotional Toolkit"
"To Love is to be Happy With" by Kaufmann, a classic written by the founder of the famous "Options Institute", where people can live the process explained in his book.

For attraction: "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne McTaggart is totally based on research.

All these are research-based, classic books on success:
- "The Millionaire Mind" by Thomas J Stanley - academic and analytical approach, also totally based on research.
- "Outliers: the story of success" by Malcolm Gladwell, who shows that success is complicated and is often the product of hidden advantages of culture, timing, demographics and luck.
- "The Talent Code: Greatness Isn't Born. It's Grown. Here's How" by Daniel Coyle
- Csikszentmihalyi's now-classic "Flow" and
- Ericsson's "Development of Professional Expertise", perhaps the finest book written (so far) on how to generate great individual and group performances (short version: mastery takes "grit": perseverance, effort - NOT struggle but difficult, painful all-consuming effort - and passion for long-term goals).

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book about aiming for success, 10 Jan 2009
LXIX (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
'Quantum Success' is a very well written book that contains a combination of practical common sense issues (such as defining goals) and meta-physical issues (such as connecting with your higher self and being in alignment with the laws of the universe).

In terms of chapters, the book has a pyramid like structure - which leads to bringing the ideas altogether. Here is the outline:

*Seven universal laws of success
*Six personal powers of success
*Five magnetic energies of success
*Four steps to success
*Three unseen assistants to success
*Two obstacles to success
*One path to success

Quite clever.

The author is very knowledgeable, expressive and articulate. This makes everything digestible and easy to follow.

Overall, the strength of this contribution to the self-help/mind-body-and-spirit sources is its fusion of goal-setting/taking action with the links to the more esoteric 'higher self' stuff.

Don't be fooled by the title - there's nothing highly scientific or technical here. Instead, think of 'quantum' as the universe - how it operates and its laws.

A good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 18 Nov 2007
this book will make you think that you can control your life, apply the affirmations and trust and have faith. This book has made me realise that life is not a random series of dramas, it is all that I have imagined and feared. After reading this book I now know that I have the ability to change the route and meaning of my existence, but it takes courage, persistence and application. This book will help you to understand that you can achieve all that you have desired. Sandra Anne Taylor writes in a way that enables the reader to believe that all is possible and that life has a meaning if we so wish it. This is a book to read in your darkest moments and brightest of hours for it will transport you to the world of possibilities and the realisation of the most delicious dreams.
Read and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for positive thinking!, 14 Sep 2010
I found this book when entering 'The laws of attraction' in to Amazon, it was near to the top of the list and had great reviews, so I decided to give it a go.

I am just reaching the end of 'Quantum Success' and so far I have found it to be a great aid for positive thinking. It has helped me remove unnecessary negative thoughts from my life, about myself, others and situations, allowing for me to be more positive and happier. It's helped me address issues such as wanting to rush through and achieve my life goals, allowing me to enjoy the present and be happy with what I have (instead of unhappy about what I don't have!) It has also helped me feel more confident and happy about myself.

It makes sense that changing these aspects of yourself will attract more positive experiences and so far I have had great success! I have owned this book for just a month and my social life, educational achievements and working life have all improved, as has my relationship with my partner and other family members.

If you're someone who wants to make positive lifestyle changes or alter your over all attitude and approach to life, give this book a go! You won't be disapointed :).

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great start to a new you, 24 Aug 2010
This booked helped me relies that I have control over my own thoughts and opinions of myself and know one has the right to tell you who you are. Anyway I was in a bad relationship for two years and was going in circles of misery and would have carried on if I had not read this book. I was with my ex out fear and when I read this book I released my fear and him. I had no ambition only fear and I didn't have the mental direction to get anything or go in any direction until I read this book. I now have my dream flat, man and job and even a motorbike. This book is a great book for guidance and will def point you in the right direction to a happy future. I have read it twice and I'm not a great reader and I would recommend a life changing book "the power of your subconscious mind" by "Dr Jospeph Murphy" and that book really starts making things happen. I would not skip quantum success as I don't think you can be in the right thinking without it before you tackle these "law of attraction" books. This book is a great book to a amazing future, one you will really have to pinch yourself about. It's the foundations xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written,every word straight to the point., 29 Jan 2009
This book is beautifully written straight to the point.Full of powerful practical knowledge.It reads like a text book on the power of our thoughts,emotions and beliefs.
Especially of great value to anyone who can already notice the amazing results of their thoughts,emotions and beliefs in their lives.
The law of attraction is like a twin to scientists Theory of Everything.The Theory of Everyting exists and the Law of Attraction brings your life from the Theory of Everyting using your emotions and thoughts to draw it's vibrational match.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pseudo-scientific, 27 May 2011
Sorry but this is probably the most useless book that I have ever read about selfhelp. Although the things she says make sense but the try to back them up with modern scientific theories is just not working for me.Having studied philosophy of science I was compelled to disagree with her conclusions, e.g. the conclusions she draws from quantum physics are highly contentious, maybe people who are not very familiar with the nature of science find her convincing but it had the oppsite effect on me.I prefer books that dont mix metaphysics, spirituality and science.

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising early chapters, til it starts going on about God!, 19 May 2013
Clients often mention they're considering buying a motivational manual and ask me if I've read it, and if so what I think of it. Mostly, my thoughts about these titles are, that the individual who benefits most, is often the writer, particularly in the case of books that are aggressively marketed and have some celebrity or other endorsing them - you all know the titles I'm talking about, right ;-) Indeed!

I'm usually curious though and will look up the title and read reviews, particularly poor reviews, a book's genuine weak points will get picked up by a number of reviewers and say more than the endless list of 5 star reviews where people claim their lives were miraculously turned around even before they finished the manual. "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is", my grandma used to say, and she was the wisest and most content woman I ever knew. And guess what, she never charged anyone for coming to her house and sitting down with a cup of tea and a piece of cake for a good old chat.

Having read the negative reviews, I'll tend not to waste my money on the titles suggested, feeling positive human relationships, and secure attachments to actual people is probably a better way to build lasting self-esteem than abstract teachings from a writer.

But this title didn't seem obviously bad from the outset, so I bought it and thought I'd give it a go. If it turned out to have merit, I'd endorse it to others, if it didn't I wouldn't.

It does have an incredibly positive start and I found it very readable and genuinely interesting. And then I got to Chapter 3, which, after telling me I needed to let go of my attachment to negative powers from my childhood - critical or abusive parents, teachers and others, which, as a therapist myself, I certainly concur with - it started telling me I was a child of God and I should put all my faith in him!

As a humanist, I completely switched off at this point. As a therapist I wondered why the writer didn't think people could fulfil their potential without replacing one set of authority figures, with another. I mean there's a kind of irony in that, right? That's kind of suggesting, something will always have power over you, but if you replace your old "Gods" (parents, teachers, peers etc) with the author's idea of a religious "God", then you'll be on the winning team and you'll never struggle to pay your gas bill again.

"If something seems too good to be true, then it probably is."

I am more of the opinion, that true inner power and self-belief comes from within us, not attachment to religion or these cult-style manuals, which tend to require you to follow the doctrine without ever questioning any of it - very much like a religious cult, and dismissing the people who used to have power over you and replacing them with new leaders whose teachings must be followed (and often practised every day, if you want to remain part of the club).

Life as a human being, isn't abstract, it's very real, very physical, and I believe positive attachments with other human beings you can relate to and learn, over time, to build trust with, is a more genuine - albeit harder and less instant - way to achieve happiness and a sense of being respected and loved. So I'll continue to advise people seeking a more rewarding experience of life, to join local groups and meet people who have similar interests and to build up a friendship network over many months and years.

Though of course, this is just my own opinion :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness
Quantum Success: The Astounding Science of Wealth and Happiness by Sandra Taylor (Paperback - 26 July 2007)
9.99