5.0 out of 5 stars A Remarkable Woman, 28 Jan. 2006
Jenna (Greater Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How My Death Saved My Life: And Other Stories On My Journey To Wholeness (Paperback)
Denise Linn courageously shares with the world the story of her life so far in this amazing autobiography. Her words come straight from the heart as she recounts the strains and the unpredictablility of growing up in a family where mental illness created abusive episodes which, to her, were the norm. Her loyalty to her family, regardless of her own personal sufferings, is both sad and heartwarming, and as she grows into an intelligent, caring young woman her experiences lead her towards a life where she learns to rely on her inner wisdom, as well as angels and spirits, to guide her along life's pathway. With her inborn ability to see and sense things beyond the three dimensional world we all know, it comes naturally to her to explore and expand on this connection, and to seek healing through these channels.
Coming across very strongly is her desire to pass all her acquired skills and healing techniques on to others. She shares her gifts with an open heart and her story carries the reader along with the sheer force of her personality and truth.
For every high drama and trauma in her life there is an equal and opposite joy. Her story is a rich tapestry with love the connecting thread, and an account of living life on life's terms to the fullest.
If any reader thinks they know what is possible and what isn't, think again. Here are the results of a life spent developing spiritual intuition and a connection to the divine. Her native American roots and the people she meets as she travels her journey through life all serve to guide her steps along her path with heart. This story proves the saying that when the pupil is ready the teacher appears.
Her narrative makes warm and compulsive reading, and on a personal note I wish I knew her or could meet her, but having read her book I think the fact I have expressed that wish openly means anything is possible. Would it be a coincidence if our paths were to cross? I don't think so.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational account of courage and miracles!, 17 Nov. 2006
This was an amazing book and highly readable; I could hardly put it down and read it in the space of about 2 days. Denise Linn tells the deeply moving and honest story of her life. From her traumatic youth; through the subsequent years of self healing, learning (from a variety of spiritual teachers and traditions) and transformation; and finally into well earned peace and contentment with her life and herself. Her journey is an amazing and truly unique one, with many miraculous occurences along the way. Denise is an inspirational and courageous woman with much wisdom to share. Anyone with an open mind and an interest in spiritual matters should thoroughly enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always inspiring, 11 April 2010
I have only dipped into the book so far, but it has been absorbing. Denise knows how to communicate and connect well. I've been to many of her workshops from when she used to come to London - a wonderful spiritual person who always created great spaces. She was ALWAYS sold out. She'd say her 'intention' is for others to benefit from the work she produces, and that intention appears to carry through everything she does. Anything by her is recommended as far as I'm concerned. Denise was pronounced dead after being shot, and she tells what happened to her during her 'death' and how it affected her afterwards. However, she also goes back to her childhood and you feel a real person, not an untouchable psychic. If you are interested in the afterlife, or feel there is more to this world than the tangible, Denise is a good direction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, but a little far-fetched in places!, 14 Aug. 2013
Enjoyed reading Denise Linn's life story. A very eventful and at times distressing childhood. Often distressing in adulthood to. This lady has sure had her share of trauma. I found her story entertaining, but I see little to do with her death (or near death) saving her life. Still, I suppose a title has to stand out. There are events in this book which I do find rather difficult to believe. There is rather too much in the way of coincidental occurrences and there is a part about a UFO which is even more difficult to take in. However, I have become interested in this lady and intend to read more of her work. I would recommend this as a good read, but keep an open mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars How my Death Saved my life by Denise Linn, 29 Aug. 2012
This book is excellent and very interesing. I have used the cds associated with this lady and her work is innovative. well worth purch asing. Also very reasonable price.

How My Death Saved My Life: And Other Stories On My Journey To Wholeness