5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing
Published on 28 Jan. 2006 by K. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Abraham has spoken to me as well!
Published on 24 Sept. 2012 by James haslam

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 28 Jan. 2006
K. Young "craftyness" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction- Learning to Manifest Your Desires (Paperback)
This is a fantastic life changing book. I have read many books but this one is certainly one of the best books i've read. It's quite easy to understand and after you've read the concepts at the beginning about law of attraction you can then start the processes. I found that even carrying the book around with me had an effect on the flow of energy and vibration! My favourite process was the script process which is just magical because every script that i've written and wanted to happen literally happened!! It says have fun with the processes and treat them like games and that is exactly what they are and let the magic and beauty begin. You can definately have anything you want when you put your mind to it and this is exactly what the book teaches you. Have fun!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book that changed my life (sounds typical but true!), 29 Aug. 2008
If you are open-minded and prepared to understand and take on board what is being said in this book, your life really can not be the same again. I have read other books that have had a profound and lasting effect, such as The Celestine Prophecy, Conversation with God books, The Secret, Think and Grow Rich to mention but a few. The book is easy to read and for me is THE book on the Law of Atraction, and there are a lot of fantastic books to read in this field!

5.0 out of 5 stars An astonishing and truly life-changing book., 17 Feb. 2005
If you feel that life is out of your control, meaningless, empty or boring - this book can help you make changes. Reading this book really will change the way you see the world, and if you do the exercises described in the book you will be as amazed at the results as I have been.

The basis behind this book is that we totally create our own realities, and whether we create a happy reality - a happy life - or a difficult one, is down to the way we think and what we focus our attention on. This book explains how our emotions are actually great indicators of where our thoughts are focused (and therefore, what we are creating in our lives). This book explains that we live in a world where like attracts like: where the better it gets, the better it gets - and obviously, the worse it gets, the worse it gets. But the good news is we are not helpless victims in a cold and indifferent world: however 'bad' our lives might seem at the moment, by deliberately turning our attention to what we want (as opposed to focusing on what we DON'T want) we can literally change our lives.

There are many books out there that explain about the law of attraction, but I believe this is one of the best in terms of its straightforward and comprehensive approach, with lots of 'real life' examples. Whether you are a newcomer to the idea of reality creation, or you are looking for greater understanding, I think this book will satisfy on all counts. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever, 30 Dec. 2008
I could actually give this book 10 stars. It is the best book on the law of attraction and believe me, I have read quite a few of these type of books over the years. But this one it really changed my life in many ways because it explains the law of attraction so well and in detail that I do find it so easy now to apply the law to everything. It is about directing your attention to the things you want in your life and dismissing thoughts about what you don't want. It is difficult in the beginning as we are used to concentrate on what we lack and feeling sorry and miserable, but with a little practice you start to recognize which thoughts you should entertain in your mind and which ones you shouldn't. The thought produces the emotion and the emotion creates the vibrational frequency, which will attract the matching vibration and experience from the universe. So there you are, if you have thoughts of the things you want, those are the things you will attract. The second part of the book is also very useful as it gives techniques on how to change our emotional states. It is also stated that if you have been feeling depressed, miserable or angry you can't jump from feeling that way to then feeling joy and gratitude because the vibrational frequency is very different. So there is a wide range of emotions in between that you can go through first in order to achieve a genuine state of happiness. Basically you work your way through from the bottom to the top in a gradual way, but believe me it really works! I also watched their posted videos from their seminars on youtube, which also helped. Happy manifesting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ask and it is given, 12 Feb. 2012
M. L. Shannon (bristol england) - See all my reviews
This was a book i made my bible for a while during my awakening back early 2009 when manifesting your needs was a new concept to me. I can attest to its usefulness because 2 months after reading this book i had been offered my dream home, i suddenly had money coming in from all angles and was given a brand new mobility scooter [much needed] from a charitable organisation aswell as many other things. This book surpasses others in this field because of the simple exercises which actually work, it speaks of raising your vibration, to tune into the universe and attract that which is desired, of course it could work against you if you are bound by fear, for the universe will always give what you focus on, for instance, if you worry constantly about your house being burgled, then you are attracting that which will give you what you focus on, so i guess its important to change ones mindset, this book will help you do that, through its easy to follow steps. The authors introduce us to Abraham and its him that comes through with his wisdom. AAIG is a godsend and if you are finding your life a struggle with whatever problems if you are feeling down, depressed, or just plain out of luck, then you have nothing to lose everything to gain, don't suffer or live in poverty anymore....buy this book, it really will change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very important Book to Read on your Spiritual Quest, 15 Aug. 2005
Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I really loved this book. There are many good books out there and they bring home powerful messages. However, for me this one stands out as real gem.
If you can get the principle of the Universal Law of Attraction then you are almost home. This book for me hammers home this principle in a very clear and simple way. Equally important is the Art of Allowing. It's no good saying I want to change this and change that and the Universe sends it to you but your mind is too conflicting and unclear.
I also like the idea that the Energy is always flowing to us but we tend to have blockages that resist this energy. All we have to do is remove the blockages and then we are in freeflow of Univeral Energy.
I like the concept of using our feelings to read whether we are in the flow or resisting. Does it feel good or uncomfortable. So if in a moment of Meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, or a lovely walk you feel this sense of oneness and peacefulness, you are in the zone. Feel that zone of joy and linger in it, living in the moment. Then try to find those great peaceful moments throughout the day, and stay in that great zone of joy.
In the book there is a great description of moving from very negative emotions up to the next level and the next, one step at a time. There are also 22 lovely exercises to try anytime.
This is a channelled book. Some food for thought on this is if some of the great books of the past had messages sent to the enscribers why can't they now? The Universe is constantly expanding and evolving not locked into the past. Another thought is maybe the message has come from a very wise place deep in the unconcious mind of the receiver?
Certainly, this book is a must read for all open minded spiritaully seeking individuals. For more comments on this work go to amazon.com, there's plenty of reviews on there.
This is a book for those on a spiritual journey who want to feel joy. It is certainly on of the clearest written books I've read in quite a while on this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE book on the Law of Attraction!, 10 Aug. 2010
'd like to start by saying that I've been reading books on the Law of Attraction for more than a decade,long before "The Secret" was written the the Law of Attraction books came in fashion.
This book is the best book I've read on the subject for three reasons:
1) It was written through channeling a group of non material entities,so the way all questions are answered is quite different than most books. In most books on the Law of Attraction,the answers are given by a human,which may cause some problems because even though the writer has a book about how to manifest things in your life,therefore he or she has already tried the method and believes in it,he/she is still a human,so he/she is bound to have some doubts about some things (like explaining how all the wars and other catastrophic events in human history was actually created by the victims' mind). Either you choose to believe that "Ask and it is given" was written by non matterial entities or not,what is definitely obvious is that it is written in a 100% loving and non judgemental way you cannot find in other books. The answers to the questions the book is posing are given in such a loving way that you feel that the writer is gently taking you by the hand and showing you things from a different perspective,like looking at planet earth from above and finally being able to see the big picture,untangling the mess of contradictory beliefs we all have on different matters.
2)The second part of the book is a set of 22 exercises that really help you to put the Law of Attraction in use. What's more,there's a system based on the way you feel at that particular moment that helps you choose the correct exercise at any given time,which is great because many people initially believe in the Law,and then something bad happens and they say "no,it doesn't really work" and give up. Using the right exercise based on how you feel though,this obstacle is easily overcome and little by little, you start creating more and more things you want into your life.
3)While I agree with previous reviewers that the book is repetitive,this repetition actually works in your favor,because the more you reed the more you believe in the reality of its message, and when it starts discussing a topic that is stressful to you (for example money) the repetition helps you stay happy and positive,because it helps you to keep away all the negative beliefs you had on that particular subject WHILE reading the chapter,which in turn helps you decide that this area of your life can and will be changed you if set your mind to it.
In conclusion, this is one of the best books that help you to actually use the principles outlined in books like "The Secret" and definitely the best book from the Abraham-Hicks series. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Abraham-Hicks books. If you want to read one book from this series to see if it helps you,this is THE book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely powerful reading, 3 July 2006
This book has the potential to change your life.

The style is very simple and direct, there are basic concepts which get repeated over and over, but I found just this highly beneficial.

Even if the advantage that will be taken from this book will depend from a series of factors (the spiritual depth of the reader, the moment in his/her particular path in which he crosses the book etc.)I would say that it is impossible to read this book with the necessary mental openness and not to get a huge advantage from it.

This book helps you to grow and the more you grow, the more you learn from this book.

Read it if you are Christian, read it if you are not, reread it again, make it a part of your day, never forget the message it carries, never leave your old habits to get control of you again.

Some of the best spent money of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 2 Nov. 2012
Ms. Kristal A. Herbert "Vamp Crazy" (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
I have been learning about the Law of Attraction for nearly 2 years now, firstly via The Secret but I always felt like something was missing, so when I started listening to Abraham Hicks (Esther) I was totally blown away and found what I was looking for! There are many items on the subject by Abraham Hicks and this is the first dvd I have bought. I would highly recommend this to everyone who seeks a better feeling life and experience! The understanding of the human condition is very well explained with such clarity and knowledge of how life really works. Taken on board it can completely change your life and I am so glad and appreciative of finding this truth. Never been so happy, and consistently so too!! Buy it, because it's one thing you will not regret that's for sure!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Abraham has spoken to me as well!, 24 Sept. 2012
James haslam (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I think this book is okay but there are much more meaNingful teachings such as NICHIREN BUDDHISM which the writers are obviously taking ideas from. I m grateful that this book encouraged me to look much more deeply at my life and i do feel there is a lot of sense in what is written. what i find slightly off putting is the way that Abraham is copyrighted, if we are to believe it is true then how can we copyright the voice of the universe speaking to humankind? how would the author feel if i said that Abraham has spoken to me and asked me to write lots of books as well? Someone is pulling the wool over everyones eyes and it is this element of the book that annoys me. That's not that i mind people making money but just be honest about it. That said, there is some good stuff written within.

I would recommend reading this but if you really want to make a difference to your own life the take a look at Nichiren Buddhism - a simple yet powerful practice where these ideas are taken from - a daily and deep practice. A great book is The Buddha In Daily Life by Richard Caulston. The Buddha In Daily Life: An Introduction to the Buddhism of Nichiren Daishonin