Format: Cards|Change

on 13 November 2007
I wouldnt use this deck as a main deck, but as a side line or a deck to finish off a reading, or as a three card reading.
You could even do as me and my husband do each day which is to select a card.
These cards are not ideal to use as a working deck of cards as yes they lack balance and could be perceived as a "airy fairy deck" but the vibes that they give off are beautiful. As my husband says "these cards are to be enjoyed"!
Luxurious with gilt edging, if you want a beautiful deck to treasure treat yourself to these. Even my cat likes to choose a card!!!
on 23 October 2011
I brought this deck on Friday, and it turned up yesterday. I've owned this deck before, but it was actually stolen, and since then I've been wanting to buy another. Having brought them, I am very impressed once again with these beautiful cards. The artwork is gorgeous and the actual card readings are thoughtful and helpful. Thanks to the phrases written on the actual cards, you do not always have to refer to the book to understand the card's meaning, although if you do you will not be disappointed - Doreen 's book holds much information and adds to the theme on the card. Such a lovely deck, I well recommend it for those who are either new to tarot or who are old hands like myself. This is a great deck to use by itself or to accompany a reading with another deck, and harmonises other card deck readings.

Five stars for delivery and packaging - well wrapped in its box, and quickly delivered. Thankyou, Amazon.
on 30 October 2011
I just bought these cards as a "tide me over" until the rest of my belongings are shipped over (just moved overseas). The art seemed lovely, and the author had been recommended to me by a friend, so I thought it would be a "safe bet."

However, I was quite disappointed when I opened up the box and began to read some of the depictions of the Goddesses represented. The author obviously did not do any real research on these archetypes, and did not provide accurate descriptions of the Goddesses. Even the artistic portrayals were so off, that I can't even bring myself to use the deck at all.

There is shiny gold foil around the edges, and bright, colorful images... but they are so void of any true meaning.

As a religions and Celtic Studies major at Harvard, and knowing a little bit about the backgrounds of these Deities, I really can't give a positive review. The lack of attention to tradition and truth, and "sugar-coating" or even re-inventing the folklore behind them just gets in the way. It was really a waste of money over all...

For those who have the card, and do enjoy them -- you don't need my review to sway you; but I would have to suggest NOT giving any credit to the author's "background" on the Goddesses because they are far from par.
on 16 May 2005
The cards feature beautiful artwork and all are gold-edged. They are just the right size for comfortable use and are easy to use straight away - each Goddess has their own associated word and a quote to help with readings. The pack also contains a great little book with more detailed information (including info on each Goddess and their history) and suggestions for application to your specific situation. The Goddess Oracle is my favourite oracle pack - I use it daily!
VINE VOICEon 6 February 2005
Another beautiful deck from Doreen Virtue, this one uses the Goddess as a guide. Not only is this a brilliant Oracle deck but, also further enhances your knowledge of the manyt faces of the Goddess.
Again this deck comes in a beautiful well made box so need to buy seperate bags or boxes in which to store this.
I have another of Doreen's decks and use both equally, this is a very accurate deck and so lovely to use.
on 1 August 2008
i have almost every pack of doreen virtue cards on the market plus other oracle cards by different people such as toni carmine salerno and sonia choquette. you could say that i collect cards, (including a fasination for the tarot), not just for my own personal use, but most of the time for my friends and work colleagues who are fasinated by the accurate readings they have had. i have only just recently bought the goddess guidance cards. they were a pack i was never always drawn to for a long time. then for some unknown reason, whilst in a beautiful new age shop, which i visit on a regular basis, i decided to have a look at a pack. i couldnt understand why id never really looked at them before!

the messages on the cards are all quite simple and straight forward, but to me they are also strong words from strong women - the goddesses. for example theres ' don't back down', 'transformation' and 'inner wisdom'. the cards have beautiful gold edging around each card and the pictures are delightful and so eye catching. they are simply a pleasure to use and own. also, when i have worked with the goddess cards in readings, they have been amazingly accurate!

i would thoroughly recommend the goddess cards. they are uplifting before you even start a read with the stunning aray of colours on each card and the bright yellow box which they are held in.
on 2 December 2009
I love Doreen Vitue's cards and these are no exception. The cards have really beautiful illustrations on them, and the messages are nice and clear. I'm working on getting in touch more with my femenine energy, and these cards are perfect for this.
on 31 July 2007
For traditionalists and people wanting in-depth reading this isnt the deck for you but for quick readings or daily readings this is a stunningly beautiful, easy to use and very accurate deck. It shows posative solutions and so doesnt appeal if you are looking to see a full run down of the situation but it is very accurate and when used properly gives an excellent reading. Good for beginners, people who are nervous of traditional cards or for people who like to collect different decks. I use this deck daily and its wonderful for people who already are used to full scale decks, ie rider wight, and wish only to use this for quick readings and practical solutions. Good for personal use.
on 3 March 2010
these cards are beautiful they have lovely pictures of goddesses on and a few key sentences,the back of the cards are a golden shading with a crown, they are gilt edged and feel sturdy cards.
inside the booklet there are descriptions of the goddesses and further more in depth meanings to the cards.
i am glad i bought these cards they are very uplifting and positive, personally i do think these are more suitable for females than males,i dont know many males in my circle who could relate to the goddesses but they could to the key words e.g transformation,past lives,infinite supply, you wont regret buying these cards.
on 1 July 2011
The Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards are presented in a strong box. There are 44 oracle cards. The pictures are lovely designed art work. An easy to understand guidebook shows how to use the cards. The booklet gives a message for each card. Following that, various means of the card are given. Following that a historical passage tells the reader where the goddess comes from and which particular function or passion she is equipped with. They are great cards which have a real uplifting spirit to them. My female friends adore the cards. Brings delight to any gathering or party.