5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and empowering. Takes healing to a new level!
Published on 22 Aug. 2002 by Barbara

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused
I agree entirely with the author's belief that we all have healing abilities and need to tune into them.
Published on 15 Jun. 2005 by Nic Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and empowering. Takes healing to a new level!, 22 Aug. 2002
Whether you're a sceptic about healing or a believer, take a closer look at "The Reconnection". I'd even say, since this book crossed your path, you might consider that it has a message for you. It certainly had one for me! I've always been a bit sceptical about New Age stuff, and healing? - well, I thought, you had to be born with a gift or something. Then I stumbled over "The Reconnection", ordered it without knowing why and read it straight through. Eric Pearls style is direct, easy and very down-to-earth. The latter is what makes it so refreshing to read. Eric Pearl throws all your limitating thoughts about the "right technique", the "right attitude" and other do's and dont's over board. Thanks to an adventurous soul here in Norway, a friend who attended all three Reconnection courses, I was lucky to receive several Reconnective healings and the Reconnection itself. The energy or life force Eric Pearl is talking about is for real and accessible to anyone - and although it grew stronger with each step, it actually started with reading the book! So go ahead - take a leap of faith and order it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 15 Jun. 2005
Nic Oliver "Radical Coaching" (Margate, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
My confusion stems from an apparent contradiction: on the one hand, the author warms many times about the danger of allowing ego to interfere with the healing energies. On the other hand, a lot of the book comes over as being an go trip, in particular the way in which he so roundly criticises and dismisses other forms of healing. Perhaps this is just a reflection of the difference between US and UK styles of communication.
If you want an insight into one person's approach to healing, and his personal journey, this is a good read; however, I found some of it problematic. A much more rounded book is Doreen Virtue's 'The Lightworkers Way'.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the future of Healing, 1 Feb. 2013
Since I had read the book just recently. I decided to undergo the reconnection therapy. The first session was a real let down, nothing happened. and I thought that I had been taken on by somebody who thought they had a gift for healing. But during the week after my session, certain things happened like being able to see better without glasses for one.
So I thought I would persevere, So I went to next weeks session and I am glad that I did as soon as I relaxed I felt these tremors in my arms and legs and on my abdomen. I can't wait for the next week to see what might evolve. and also for next weeks healing which will be my last sadly. I am 73 and what I find about life is you never stop learning and this was a real
lesson for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting but what an ego!!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
As I am currently working with energy healing I was very interested when I saw a clip of Dr Pearl on a DVD about the subject. But while what he said was fascinating, I have to admit I did not take to him as a person, and having now read the book, whilst as others have said, there are some very useful nuggets in there that should not be dismissed, his personality came across the same as it did on film, egotistical, arrogant and generally a know all (despite the fact that in the book a number of questions he admitted he didn't know the answers to!!). There are a lot of very esteemed writers, scientists and healers around at the moment, who do know a lot of the answers and yet they are nowhere near as smarmy about their knowledge as he is, so he really should review the image he projects. However having said all that, it is still a book worth reading as there is a a lot of substance in what he says and some very interesting viewpoints.

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems flaky, but......, 28 Oct. 2003
Margaret7 (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
Like Barbara, I stumbled over the book and, already being interested in energy medicine and healing, bought a copy and had a look. All I can say is that it really does what it says in the book. Yes, some of it comes across as a bit flaky, but I gave it a go anyway - as he is getting real results, it had to be worth checking out... So I went for the healing and then had the Reconnection done. My M.E. (of 10 years' standing) has disappeared; my asthma has disappeared and I feel well, physically and mentally, for the first time in YEARS. I have been for the level 1 and 2 seminars (so I can pass on the healing to others) and am going to level 3 shortly (so I can pass on the Reconnection as well). It has literally changed my life and I think it is bloody brilliant. And it's available to anyone who's up for it... What have you got to lose????

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, 26 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
I am interested in all types of healing and have investigated dozens, maybe hundreds, over the last 25 years. The first part of the book emphasises how very special the author is. Almost one-third of the book repeats this. He is not just special; he is very special.

So much for the first part of the book, the personality. The second half of the book is entirely different. It contains many nuggets. He provides many guidelines and pearls (please forgive the unintended pun) that can be invaluable for anyone seriously interested in this path.

The author's advice on dealing with clients, length of time, follow-up visits, mind states of the practitioner, and beliefs associated with such work are spot on. It takes many years to learn much of this on your own. On the other hand, the book (and the presentation I attended) had a marked lack of respect for the ways of other healing practices. Much of it is well deserved as so much of "new age" beliefs are rank superstition but Pearl's casual dismissal of all other time-tested healing modalities as passe and low-rent is suspicious: apparently only his newly discovered system has any value.

Shortly after reading the book, two years ago, I attended an introductory presentation by Pearl, who is intelligent and amusing, and who demonstrated his method. Whilst it did not seem very different from other spiritual/energy healing methods, it did appear to be worth pursuing.

The Reconnection website has a section marked "take your practice and prosperity to the next level". I have no objection to prosperity and am myself not on the breadline, as so many "new age" people seem to be. What put me off Reconnection is the cost to be "connected" (or "activated" or maybe it should be "anointed"?). What none of the gushing reviewers here seem willing to tell you is the cost of a session for The Reconnection®: 333.00 Euros (and, you are assured, "The price of the Reconnection® has been set by Dr Eric Pearl, so the amount charged is the same for all practitioners worldwide.").

One "practitioner's" website states "The healings occur outside of the constraints of time and space, so more time is not better." Despite this, it goes on: "The Reconnection® consists of two sessions, generally 40-50 mins in length, and ideally on consecutive or alternate days." Anyone else notice the contradiction here?

Just one month later I met a couple (we were all at a different weekend workshop) who were into this Reconnection lark and who advised that payment is considered part of the healing! The man (an unskilled manual worker) had been "activated" first, via the seminars (not cheap - $900 in Europe/$550 in the US for "level I/II" weekend and $750 in the US/$1250 in Europe for "level III" weekend), and his girlfriend (a virtually unemployed single mother) had actually paid him the full "Reconnection" charge to "activate" her! It seems that Pearl "sells" life force energy...and basically uses a pyramid scheme to market it at his seminars.

What became clear, having then contacted several other "practitioners" of Reconnection, was that they were all unskilled (at least the ones I was able to get in touch with) and would have trouble getting any job paying more than minimum wage. (While this is not PC, it is reality.) So, how does just taking two 2-day workshops and an "activation" enable anyone to start charging 150 Euros per hour? Nice work, if you can get it.

You need not attend any class, seminar or even read any book to heal. You are a healer whether you consciously know this or not. Your hands are already activated. You need not seek out anyone to activate them. There is no right or wrong way but, if you want to learn more about energy healing, the most genuine group would seem to be the The Healing Trust (the new working name of NFSH).

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing and well-written book about how Pearl found the Reconnection and how we too can use this form of healing, 30 Aug. 2014
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
This is a book that could actually change your life.

Dr. Pearl was a successful chiropractor when he began to have strange experiences (he had in fact since birth, and probably before, had strange experiences).

He began to treat people by waving his hands intuitively through their aura, after which they moved their head, eyes and other parts of the body in unexpected ways, and also channelled messages for him. Miracles happened – his patients were cured of incurable ailments.

Pearl had been advised to get hold of a moldavite crystal, and it turned out this stone had the ability to open up communication with angels, entities and beings from other planets. Pearl states: “I put the stone in my pocket, and the channelling started.”

The messages channelled by the various patients were the same:
1) We are here to tell you to continue what you are doing.
2) What you are doing is bringing light and information to the planet.
3) What you are doing is reconnecting strands.
4) What you are doing is reconnecting strings.
5) You must know that you are a master.
6) We’ve come because of your reputation.

Now he is telling us how to connect with this energy, or rather he says that this will happen merely by our reading the book. This has happened to me, and I was also fortunate to get help and healing from a friend, which has strengthened my connection. I feel the energy in my hands, and sometimes in my head. When connected, sometimes my right foot moves involuntarily, and I feel a coldness in my right leg, or both legs.

With this “method” you do not send energy, but receive it. Pearl states that it is not “faith healing”, and it greatly surpasses “energy healing”. Reconnective healing is not a technique. It transcends technique. You are this healing energy, and it is you. It emanates from you the moment you focus your attention on it. You work with it by noticing it, by allowing your attention to fall onto it.

The book includes instructions whereby we can heal ourselves and carry out distant healing.

If you don’t feel you completely get the hang of the “method”, you might be lucky to find someone in your area who can carry out “the Reconnection” for you. This will connect you with the healing energy.

This important book is clearly and amusingly written. Pearl has his own distinctive, humorous style. I highly recommend that you read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reconnection, 17 Dec. 2003
Danielle Sheahan (Newport Gwent South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
This book is a must. It is easy to read but the most important part, is that you will start healing yourself simply by reading it. Buy it for friends & partners who are unwell, lost, unfocused and unhappy. This book will change the way they feel about themselves. I bought the book, and was so taken with it that I simply had to experience it first hand. I did the seminars in Paris in October 2003 and it has changed my life. I laugh more. I am present and grounded. I feel positive and have an inner glow which definitely was not there two months ago. I am now a practitioner and after every healing session, I always feel so uplifted that I go into fits of laughter, even my dog senses it and he simply jumps for joy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to a new dimension of healing through the energy field, 25 July 2014
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
If the book had more content on the actual process of applying the reconnective healing I would rate it at 5 stars. However, majority of the content covers the story of Dr Pearl's life and work. While this is also valid and truly an interesting story, my interest is more in the healing itself. As it happens, the actual healing process makes a tiny portion of the book but it nevertheless gives you the basics to grab onto and it is enough if you are going to be persistant in developing your own healing sensitivities from there. In his favour, it is written in a very entertaining and witty style so it is so easy to fly through the whole book in one sitting.

4.0 out of 5 stars A "Stand alone" book, 1 Jun. 2013
This isnt something that I would normally read, as I find most of the so called self-help books rehashes of other self help books, but there is a course coming up in my area that caught my interest, with Eric Pearl hosting. For some reason I felt motivated to go out and purchase the book to get more info on it as it piqued my interest. The first few chapters were a "how I got into this" saga, but, having said that, they were done in a totally non pretentious manner with added dollops of humour. When, in the last half of the book it got down to the "how to's", I was more than sold. Interesting, attention holding and well worth the read...

The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself
The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself by Dr Eric Pearl (Paperback - 28 Oct. 2004)