5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and empowering. Takes healing to a new level!
Published on 22 Aug 2002 by Barbara

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused
I agree entirely with the author's belief that we all have healing abilities and need to tune into them.
Published on 15 Jun 2005 by Nic Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and empowering. Takes healing to a new level!, 22 Aug 2002
Whether you're a sceptic about healing or a believer, take a closer look at "The Reconnection". I'd even say, since this book crossed your path, you might consider that it has a message for you. It certainly had one for me! I've always been a bit sceptical about New Age stuff, and healing? - well, I thought, you had to be born with a gift or something. Then I stumbled over "The Reconnection", ordered it without knowing why and read it straight through. Eric Pearls style is direct, easy and very down-to-earth. The latter is what makes it so refreshing to read. Eric Pearl throws all your limitating thoughts about the "right technique", the "right attitude" and other do's and dont's over board. Thanks to an adventurous soul here in Norway, a friend who attended all three Reconnection courses, I was lucky to receive several Reconnective healings and the Reconnection itself. The energy or life force Eric Pearl is talking about is for real and accessible to anyone - and although it grew stronger with each step, it actually started with reading the book! So go ahead - take a leap of faith and order it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 15 Jun 2005
Nic Oliver "Radical Coaching" (Margate, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
My confusion stems from an apparent contradiction: on the one hand, the author warms many times about the danger of allowing ego to interfere with the healing energies. On the other hand, a lot of the book comes over as being an go trip, in particular the way in which he so roundly criticises and dismisses other forms of healing. Perhaps this is just a reflection of the difference between US and UK styles of communication.
If you want an insight into one person's approach to healing, and his personal journey, this is a good read; however, I found some of it problematic. A much more rounded book is Doreen Virtue's 'The Lightworkers Way'.

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems flaky, but......, 28 Oct 2003
Margaret Gallagher (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
Like Barbara, I stumbled over the book and, already being interested in energy medicine and healing, bought a copy and had a look. All I can say is that it really does what it says in the book. Yes, some of it comes across as a bit flaky, but I gave it a go anyway - as he is getting real results, it had to be worth checking out... So I went for the healing and then had the Reconnection done. My M.E. (of 10 years' standing) has disappeared; my asthma has disappeared and I feel well, physically and mentally, for the first time in YEARS. I have been for the level 1 and 2 seminars (so I can pass on the healing to others) and am going to level 3 shortly (so I can pass on the Reconnection as well). It has literally changed my life and I think it is bloody brilliant. And it's available to anyone who's up for it... What have you got to lose????

1.0 out of 5 stars beware, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
I am interested in all types of healing and have investigated dozens, maybe hundreds, over the last 25 years. The first part of the book emphasises how very special the author is. Almost one-third of the book repeats this. He is not just special; he is very special.

So much for the first part of the book, the personality. The second half of the book is entirely different. It contains many nuggets. He provides many guidelines and pearls (please forgive the unintended pun) that can be invaluable for anyone seriously interested in this path.

The author's advice on dealing with clients, length of time, follow-up visits, mind states of the practitioner, and beliefs associated with such work are spot on. It takes many years to learn much of this on your own. On the other hand, the book (and the presentation I attended) had a marked lack of respect for the ways of other healing practices. Much of it is well deserved as so much of "new age" beliefs are rank superstition but Pearl's casual dismissal of all other time-tested healing modalities as passe and low-rent is suspicious: apparently only his newly discovered system has any value.

Shortly after reading the book, two years ago, I attended an introductory presentation by Pearl, who is intelligent and amusing, and who demonstrated his method. Whilst it did not seem very different from other spiritual/energy healing methods, it did appear to be worth pursuing.

The Reconnection website has a section marked "take your practice and prosperity to the next level". I have no objection to prosperity and am myself not on the breadline, as so many "new age" people seem to be. What put me off Reconnection is the cost to be "connected" (or "activated" or maybe it should be "anointed"?). What none of the gushing reviewers here seem willing to tell you is the cost of a session for The Reconnection®: 333.00 Euros (and, you are assured, "The price of the Reconnection® has been set by Dr Eric Pearl, so the amount charged is the same for all practitioners worldwide.").

One "practitioner's" website states "The healings occur outside of the constraints of time and space, so more time is not better." Despite this, it goes on: "The Reconnection® consists of two sessions, generally 40-50 mins in length, and ideally on consecutive or alternate days." Anyone else notice the contradiction here?

Just one month later I met a couple (we were all at a different weekend workshop) who were into this Reconnection lark and who advised that payment is considered part of the healing! The man (an unskilled manual worker) had been "activated" first, via the seminars (not cheap - $900 in Europe/$550 in the US for "level I/II" weekend and $750 in the US/$1250 in Europe for "level III" weekend), and his girlfriend (a virtually unemployed single mother) had actually paid him the full "Reconnection" charge to "activate" her! It seems that Pearl "sells" life force energy...and basically uses a pyramid scheme to market it at his seminars.

What became clear, having then contacted several other "practitioners" of Reconnection, was that they were all unskilled (at least the ones I was able to get in touch with) and would have trouble getting any job paying more than minimum wage. (While this is not PC, it is reality.) So, how does just taking two 2-day workshops and an "activation" enable anyone to start charging 150 Euros per hour? Nice work, if you can get it.

You need not attend any class, seminar or even read any book to heal. You are a healer whether you consciously know this or not. Your hands are already activated. You need not seek out anyone to activate them. There is no right or wrong way but, if you want to learn more about energy healing, the most genuine group would seem to be the The Healing Trust (the new working name of NFSH).

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the future of Healing, 1 Feb 2013
Since I had read the book just recently. I decided to undergo the reconnection therapy. The first session was a real let down, nothing happened. and I thought that I had been taken on by somebody who thought they had a gift for healing. But during the week after my session, certain things happened like being able to see better without glasses for one.
So I thought I would persevere, So I went to next weeks session and I am glad that I did as soon as I relaxed I felt these tremors in my arms and legs and on my abdomen. I can't wait for the next week to see what might evolve. and also for next weeks healing which will be my last sadly. I am 73 and what I find about life is you never stop learning and this was a real
lesson for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting but what an ego!!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
As I am currently working with energy healing I was very interested when I saw a clip of Dr Pearl on a DVD about the subject. But while what he said was fascinating, I have to admit I did not take to him as a person, and having now read the book, whilst as others have said, there are some very useful nuggets in there that should not be dismissed, his personality came across the same as it did on film, egotistical, arrogant and generally a know all (despite the fact that in the book a number of questions he admitted he didn't know the answers to!!). There are a lot of very esteemed writers, scientists and healers around at the moment, who do know a lot of the answers and yet they are nowhere near as smarmy about their knowledge as he is, so he really should review the image he projects. However having said all that, it is still a book worth reading as there is a a lot of substance in what he says and some very interesting viewpoints.

1.0 out of 5 stars get your snake oil here, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
Here's a tale from the Amazon.com reviews that might be helpful to know about: Having heard "Dr." Pearl interviewed several times on Coast to Coast A.M. [US radio show], I decided to attend a local L.A. appearance, one of his (free) introductory presentations.

For an hour before the good doctor's arrival onstage, a "barker" came out and in a quite convincing style championed the star attraction's gifts and the effect the man had had on his life.

Then Pearl arrived and explained his gifts and how they work. After that, he asked for a volunteer who needed healing. A somewhat grizzled man shot up from the audience. He explained that he'd had an arm disorder for many years and that raising it past a certain level (demonstrated) was essentially impossible and painful beyond belief. Pearl busied himself with hands over and around him for several minutes. At the end of the performance (might as well call a spade a spade), he asked the man to now raise his arm.

Now, wouldn't you think a person who'd felt excruciating pain for years would be tentative about this...take a little precaution...feel it out with a soupçon of fear that maybe this hadn't worked...and if it hadn't, he might experience wrenching agony? For a long moment, this grizzled character surveyed the audience...creating an atmosphere of tension, anticipation, and suspense...then up SHOT that arm like an 8-year-old boy's when asked "Who wants out of school for the rest of the day to go to the Dodger game?"

That guy played his part WELL!! The auditorium was filled with MANY audible gasps! Gasps of wonderment! Absolute proof before their eyes. You can imagine the line at the back of the auditorium afterwards to sign up for further seminars, now the expensive ones, and to buy books and tapes. Boy, did the good doctor make a killing THAT day.

And the shill? That guy kept wandering around the table of items and the doctor, as if he were a part of the organisation. As I studied him to try to pick up on more clues relevant to his honesty or lack thereof, he gave me a hard, piercing look, as if he'd recognised the enemy. He seemed to know my thought was, "I'll bet you turn up in the audience of Pearl's next introductory seminar...in Orlando."

Of course, despite my telling you these observations were objective, they must be, scientifically, actually subjective. But...that's the way I saw it. [thank you, Terrell Rodefer]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reconnection, 17 Dec 2003
Danielle Sheahan (Newport Gwent South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
This book is a must. It is easy to read but the most important part, is that you will start healing yourself simply by reading it. Buy it for friends & partners who are unwell, lost, unfocused and unhappy. This book will change the way they feel about themselves. I bought the book, and was so taken with it that I simply had to experience it first hand. I did the seminars in Paris in October 2003 and it has changed my life. I laugh more. I am present and grounded. I feel positive and have an inner glow which definitely was not there two months ago. I am now a practitioner and after every healing session, I always feel so uplifted that I go into fits of laughter, even my dog senses it and he simply jumps for joy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 3 Nov 2006
SD AUSTIN "EponaHealing" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
Eric Pearl came over as honest, funny and down to earth. By page 86 I was convinced this was where my healing path lay. He expressed through this book a lot of things I felt when doing healings and it was a revelation to read that I was on the same lines of thought as someone so publicly prominent. To help "confused" I think you need to see that he does not condemn Reiki or any other kind of healing he merely says that ReConnective healing is actually simpler - connect to the Universe without ritual or tangible evidence (crystals, feathers, hands on)and experience the wonders it can show you and revel in healing in its purest form!! ReConnection may not be for everyone but it is certainly for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nor read book yet but received in good order!, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself (Paperback)
Book described as in good condition and so it was - posted on time and well packaged. Not read the book yet but pleased to have it in my immediate pending reading! Have read Dr Pearl's second book about Solomon which was very good reading, especially for those who are doing any type of healing work. Therefore wanted to read this book to see what lead up to his excellent second book.

ARRAY(0xaae16d5c)

The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself
The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself by Dr Eric Pearl (Paperback - 28 Oct 2004)