5.0 out of 5 stars It worked :-)
All I can say is that by following the meditation a few times I was able to get in the gap and experience a state of peacefullness and relaxation. Which for someone who's normally got loads of thoughts rushing about my head and am full of distractions is truly remarkable.

Enjoy
Published on 22 Oct 2007 by Alison Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars A good meditation but not all I would expect from the title
Published on 29 Feb 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked :-), 22 Oct 2007
Alison Smith "Passion In Life" (Fife, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Little Books and CDs) (Hardcover)

Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 24 Jan 2008
I have been trying to meditate for the past couple of months or so, listening to metronomes, counting my breath, trying to think of nothing at all (which I find about as hard as herding cats). But after playing this CD for 5 days I am finally experiencing moments where all of my thoughts disappear, if only for a second at a time. And it's getting better. If you are the type of person who would love to meditate but feel like you are somehow wasting your time, then this CD is definitely worth a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars A good meditation but not all I would expect from the title, 29 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This is a short but interesting book which starts well, explaining the authors philosophy which I enjoyed. However it contains only one meditation. This is a useful exercise but there are many other books at a similar price which contain many more ideas and this one may or may not suit you. It is good to have a CD with the guided meditation but there is a sound on it, repeated 18 times in the course of the dialogue, that made me giggle and I became distracted rendering the CD useless. There are two chapters at the end of the book that are really advertising a previous book and it's message.
The meditation does help with finding stillness - but don't expect a better communication with God using this technique than with any other exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Meditation, 15 Jan 2004
This book and CD is a marvellous way to be still and recharge the batteries of life. It takes a little while to be able to do exactly as Wayne is seeking you to do but don't be discouraged it all falls into place

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayne Dyer always has something helpful to say., 27 May 2014
I give this book max stars as it bridges the concepts of internal self reliance and being connected with a greater power to which we are all connected regardless of if we know it or not. This isnt a religion based connection but provides an understanding that we don't ever have to feel alone. I could say much more but reading the book should make it clear to you.

Good luck
AM

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 12 Dec 2013
K. K. Moore "earth angel" (beds, uk) - See all my reviews
i have been using this book as a morning meditation and my sister wanted to start meditating so i recommended the gap. I recommend this for helping to connect with the source and after few weeks of use you will notice miraculous changes in your life.

3.0 out of 5 stars But for everybody else another tour de force by a Great man., 3 Sep 2014
Peter Povey "Taoman68" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
If you can't visualise readily the techniques here can be a struggle. But for everybody else another tour de force by a Great man.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Sep 2014
I enjoyed the book very much and the CD is excellent. I play the recording nearly every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars GETTING IN THE GAP, 6 Oct 2009
kennaamy (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
DR WAYNE DYER HAS PRODUCED ANOTHER WINNER.
HAVING READ DR DYER'S BOOKS BEFORE I WONDERED HOW THIS ONE WOULD "SHAPE UP".
I NEEDN'T HAVE WONDERED, THIS WAS JUST AS FASCINATING & HELPFUL, AS EVEYTHING ELSE THAT I HAVE READ BY HIM.
I THOROUGHLY RECCOMEND GETTING IN THE GAP: MAKING CONSCIOUS CONTACT WITH GOD THROUGH MEDITATION.
TREAT YOURSELF TO HIS BOOK......YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED.Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Little Books and CDs)

1.0 out of 5 stars Getting in the Gap, 6 Nov 2012
I was very disappointed as this book came minus the CD. I thought this was included in the sale, it was the CD that I really wanted.