5.0 out of 5 stars Wayne Dyer CD Collection
If you are on a path to enhance your knowledge about Metaphysics or just to improve your every day life. You cant go wrong with any CD's by Dr Wayne Dyer, he is one of the finest teachers you will ever need to meet or hear. His wisdom is beyond words, his teachings will lead you further into exploring your spirit and humanity. Enjoy the journey.
Published on 13 Mar 2009 by Elizabeth Nesbitt

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm
Big claim. It may suit some people. I bought it because some one I know raved about this speaker. Each to their own. I find myself comparing him to Diana Cooper and she has revealed more to me than he did and I have achieved more inner peace listening to her CDs.
Published 5 months ago by R.A.S.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayne Dyer CD Collection, 13 Mar 2009
Elizabeth Nesbitt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wayne Dyer CD Collection: WITH 10 Secrets to Success and Inner Peace AND Improve Your Life Using the Wisdom of Ages AND How to Get What You Really, Really, Really Want (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 23 May 2011
I was feeling a bit lost and had problems with no solutions so I bought some self hypnosis cd's which were good for relaxation and a good nights sleep but come the morning I just felt the same. I read reviews on Wayne Dyers cd's and thought I would give this collection a try. I have probably made the best decision I have ever made and feel totally different now and that has only taken two weeks of listening to the cd's. Mr Dyer has way of making you listen he is so interesting and funny. He tells stories about famous people from time gone by, ordinary people with something positive to share and also about his own life and how he has got to where he is now.
He convinced me that there is no such thing as a problem and how your life will change if you change how you think and he is so right.
I no longer feel lost and the problems I thought I had just seem to have solutions. I find myself trying to share his words of wisdom with friends but I think they should just treat themselves to his cd's.
So if you are feeling lost or fed up with life give this genius a try.
I listen to my cd's in the car and when I get where I am going (usually work) I feel so positive and happy. A small price to pay to feel good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as the later 'Change Your Thoughts'..., 26 April 2010
Magic Lemur (Somewhere in Madagascar) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Spirituality is often discounted in the modern World. It is often used in a vague sense of 'Spiritual but Not Religious' or as something with little intrinsic worth.
It's a pity as spirituality has such a vital role to play in everything & knowing your own purpose & meaning in life is so essential in both succeeding & enjoying your time on the planet.

These 4 CD's seem to be a 'Best of' of Wayne Dyer's latest Public TV appearances, covering 4 topic areas.

***

1) There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem.

This talk (and the second) are from where Ralph Waldo Emerson used to lecture (in Concord, Massachusetts) & he covers a great deal of material on Transcendentalism & integrating spiritual concepts into your life. This particular lecture isn't so much showing a particular problem & illustrating a spiritual solution, but more how to be kinder & more of an 'Instrument of Peace'.
Essentially this talk is based around two things -
a) A Henry David Thoreau quote "Our Truest life is when we are in our dreams awake"
b) The prayer of St Francis (the one that Thatcher quoted in 1979 - "where there is fear may we bring hope", etc).

Towards the end of this particular CD, there is a special segment illustrating the energies of different thoughts & showing how much longer they can resist with positive assertions than negative thoughts.
There is also a performance of 'Amazing Grace' by his daughter Sky.

As this CD is first, it has the most impact & seems to have the pick of the best material. It also has the virtue of being based on one of his books, so the material is honed & plentiful.

2) 10 Secrets For Success And Inner Peace.

The annoying thing with this section is that Dr Dyer has a habit of saying "and the *next* principle is", and so I only counted 9 principles.
However, they are all very pithy & rich in content though & they include: 3. 'There are no Justified resentments', 6. 'Give up your personal history' & 8. ' Treat yourself as if you already were what you'd like to become'
There are also a few excellent stories including one about a teacher who learns how to 'teach children' as opposed to 'teaching Arithmetic & Geography' etc.

As with CD1, there is also a bonus section on the 'four ways of getting Strawberry Ice Cream' & another interesting story.
This content is fairly similar to the content at the start of CD 3 (e.g. about Serendipity) but the story is not.

3) Improve Your Life Using the Wisdom of the Ages.

To me this was the best section as it shows Dyer's vast knowledge of past wisdom teachers. Based on Aldous Huxley's The Perennial Philosophy, Dyer shows what ancient & modern teachers had to say about life, which was basically 'live for the moment'.
So often it is said & so rare it occurs that people actually live their own life, rather than live an accumulation of what other people have told them they should do. To live ones own life is to be bold & true to oneself & not compromise your message.
Dyer sums up by saying 'Conformists are honoured when they are alive, and rebels when they are dead'. A pity, but isn't life about being remembered rather than forgotten..?

4) How to Get What You Really, Really, Really, Really Want

This CD is seems to be based around Dyer's book Manifest Your Destiny.
The simple lesson of this CD seems to be that 'as you think so you will be' & that you should focus on what you want, rather than what you don't want, in order to achieve success. Sounds simple enough, but this is the way a lot of people live their lives.
Dyer uses the illustration of having 1 million pounds & going shopping. At every shop you see a grotty lampshade or carpet, complain about it & buy it anyway. When you get home, you wonder how you ended up with such an ugly apartment. The reason? You focused on what you didn't want & not what you did!

***

Some of the ideas in the four CD's overlap & I remember experiencing a lot of Deja Vu with some of the themes. For instance, the Tolstoy novel The Death of Ivan Ilyich is mentioned at least 3 times as an illustration of someone dying 'with their music unsung' & Dyer appears to stick to a lot of similar themes based around certain teachers.
Indeed - I had to listen to all these CD's twice to unweave which particular lesson belonged in which CD & his lessons certainly aren't as clearly applicable & discernible as, say, Dawkins' illustrations or Bill Hicks' thoughts.

That said, the stories & ideas he conveys are simple & compelling & although the over-riding idea may be the same (be selfless, positive & spiritual), it still requires a lot of repetition to get across.

If you're someone who is going through a rough patch in life & wants some food for thought on how to improve things, then this CD comes highly recommended. Even if things are going swimmingly, this CD will prove useful owing to the wisdom contained within & the easily-shared illustrations.

First of all though, I would seriously recommend purchasing Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao, as it has a lot more content & sees Dyer on a higher plain of evolution than this work.
I also pass on one of Dyer's recommendations in the CD's: the Tao Te Ching. Not only is it rich in wisdom but, as Dyer states "it can be read in a lazy afternoon".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car listening!, 2 Jan 2014
I was introduced to Wayne Dyer when I pinched my brother's CD, 'staying on the path' by Wayne Dyer. Best thing I have done in a long time. I couldn't stop listening to it. This CD collection is much older, '2002' with a different format than 'Staying on the path'. It is live, so he is talking to an audience and a couple of times he does things with the audience which we would benefit from seeing but you can kind of work out what is happening. The Cd's are arranged into titled segments which are all very interesting. I found them easiest to listen to while driving as it is a very relaxed style with a lot of things to take in which you can assimilate at your own pace. Every time I play it I hear something else which I didn't hear the time before. It could be that my understanding has deepened so I hear more. I think the subject matter is timeless and Dr Dyer gives of his wisdom selflessly, gently and very descriptively. If, like me you find it hard to take in information then he is a wonderful teacher as he uses so many analogies and figurative language.
I would say the only down side is, if you want to give this to friend(and I really think it makes a wonderful present), the cover of the CD is really old fashioned and could do with updating. I highly recommend this collection, not just for people who need a boost but for confident people who could do with help solving problems or reminding what it is to be kind not only to others but to yourself. Its a kind of system reboot or refreshing spring clean of your consciousness. When I have things which are perplexing me I just listen to him on a long drive and suddenly answers flow through his words. Its like when life throws you Maths problems Dr Dyer throws you the formulae to work them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars All I hoped for & more!, 7 April 2010
Mary Douglas - See all my reviews
I have been a fan of Wayne Dyer for quite some time now & I have to say that I simply loved this collection with witty & positive suggestions for improving your life. Dr. Dyer is so easy to listen too & his amusing stories about his own life & his family, help to make it all that much more real & possible to achieve. Though slightly repetitive in parts the Cd's are a real kick start to creating the life you want for you! Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 28 Jun 2010
Colliesaluki "Gub" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I found this very easy listening, relaxing, informative and also entertaining. this guy has a very pleaseant voice and talks right from his heart, no high-flying language, just plain -speaking. an entertaining and informative CD, i'd definatley recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 27 Feb 2014
R.A.S. (England, UK) - See all my reviews
So if you are not able to relate to or with the Diana Cooper practices of Meditation and inner peace methodology, you may like this chap.
However, it arrived in good condition and in the timescale stated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good, 2 Feb 2014
Really good stuff in this.... But i do find that he is a bit of an egotist! identifying with form a little too much. How great he was at getting up in the morning as a kid and shovelling snow for a few cents.... But then I shouldn't be judgemental,,,!

But some really good stuff as well..... Row row row your boat gently down the stream, merrily merrily life is just a dream.... So true and great advice.

Money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars How To Guide For a Richer, More Peaceful Life, 5 July 2011
An excellent 4 Cd set with some rich and humourous material from Dr Dyer. As previously stated, there are overlaps and repetitions, however these do serve to enhance and reinforce the concepts being shared. The cds also come with some bonus material - again, a few more thoughts and concepts to consider and digest. I have found this set enlightening and so far, invaluable in my day to day journey of introspection. Dr Dyer is (in my humble opinion) a walking encyclopaedia of Eastern thought which he proliferates with respect and humility. The teachings are peppered with biblical tanets that reinforce the universality of ancient wisdom. As with a number of other products of a similar nature, I have recommended these teachings to my clients in the hope that it might complement and enhance our work together.

4.0 out of 5 stars mixed up, 9 Oct 2010
The C.D has a lovely positive feel to it. Wayne Dyer is a fantastic speaker and I enjoyed the programme very much. One fault it was at times repetative with the stories but all in all just what I needed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›