1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Read - Needed More Punch To It I Think...., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Snapshot (Kindle Edition)
I found this novel to be very slow going and was hoping the pace would pick up plot-wise further into the book, sadly it didn't. Whilst the book is pitched as a murder mystery it just didn't have the oomph to it that I wanted it to, the action was sadly missing.

The interesting part of the book is the historical link to relationships and activities around the Kennedys back in the 1960's, I think Lis Wiehl did a really good job of weaving that into the storyline successfully. It was one of the stronger points of the book.

As Lisa and her father seek answers they are slow coming, but revealed gradually, there is not a lot of surprises really in this book, even once the killer is revealed, I kind of already had a hunch about it.

I have not read anything by this author before so went into reading it with a completely clear perspective but found the book too lacking in a lot of things to really love it.

The characters come across as flat and one-dimensional, I could not connect with any of them, they were just names, people, and I love to connect with characters in books. As a positive, the character of Molly, the little black girl from the old photo who is now all grown up would have been the better written of all the characters.

It's an okay read, nothing spectacular, I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, it was a lukewarm read for me. I didn't feel it to be murder mystery or a thriller at all, it was too slow burning for that and not enough surprises and twists. Fans of Lis Wiehl may well love it, who knows?

Snapshot
Snapshot by Lis Wiehl (Paperback - 9 Oct. 2014)