‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
A cross at a church is struck by lightning, bringing together a cast of very believable characters. They are each challenged to "only beleive" as they face their personal trials. I have never cried so hard reading a book and believe this is a must read for all Christians and non-believers alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dare you to read it, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
One of the best "stories" I have read in along time. It caused my faith to wake up again and only believe. US humans get so complicated but if we would only believe with the faith of a child. How often a Kenneth comes into our lives and we don't recognise Him? William, so glad you met Kenneth in prison as all things work for good......
Keep writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh wow! Loved this book, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Reason (Paperback)
Member of a bookclub and this was the month's choice. Didn't really know what to expect and struggled a little at the beginning of the story to really get into it, but without giving it away, AMAZING! I was up (killing my eyes) reading this as just couldn't put it down. Mr Sirls does know how to weave a story together and it really SPOKE to me, encouraged me, had me enthralled and had some serious faith lessons for me. I loved it, highly recommend it, excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very thought provoking book, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Reason (Paperback)
This first book for the author makes me open my eyes even further to the myriad ways that God works in our lives.
Very well articulated and definitely a 'just one more page' book.
hank you

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read story, 4 Nov 2013
Kenneth Stevens (Leigh on Sea, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
It takes a while to.get going,but give the book.and yourself time to be gripped , challenged and excited.
God we long for you to enter into our experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF BEST I HAVE EVER READ, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Reason (Paperback)
This book is both very touching and thought provoking as well. I've read the book twice now, and both times, cried tears of sorrow and tears of joy. The people in a small Michigan town learn what it really means to live by faith when the cross at their church is hit by a bolt of lightning and destroyed. Add into the mix an atheist doctor, a blind minister, and a little boy with leukemia, and you have the recipe for a book you will finish the same day you start reading it. Have tissues handy and ONLY BELIEVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Debut Christian Fiction, 11 Oct 2012
Iola (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
Brooke Thomas is cleaning her small church with her son, Alex, when the lights go out in an electrical storm, and the huge wooden cross outside the building is destroyed by lightening. She lives with the Lindy family: Pastor Jim, the blind pastor, his wife Shirley, and Charlie, their seven-foot, 355-pound son who hadn't spoken a single word in his life.

Carla Miller is Brooke's best friend, and has her own problems. A mysterious stranger appears in a bar, shows Carla an apple, tells her she has to learn to forgive, then leaves. Macey Lewis, paediatric oncologist at the local hospital, meets Brooke and Alex when they are having some medical tests. She offers to help rebuild the cross, and enlists the help of colleagues Dr Zach Norman, nurse Kaitlyn Harby and Kenneth, a carpenter who is working on the new wing of the hospital and who has been a man of God 'forever'.

The first couple of chapters introduced all the main characters, which had the potential to get a little confusing, but the different characters were soon linked together, and from then on, The Reason was a gripping contemporary story, a combination between medical and speculative fiction, centered around Brooke and Alex, but impacting all the characters in different ways.

While The Reason is most definitely a Christian novel, the characters aren't perfect. They visit bars, smoke, drink, get drunk and make wrong decisions as they deal with their present problems and confront their pasts. Their faith is challenged by circumstances, and by the carpenter who seems to know everything each of them has ever done. This is William Sirls' first novel, and it is an outstanding debut with realistic characters facing difficult situations and learning to only believe. Highly recommended.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for providing a free ebook for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book. Puts a great perspective on faith and how we affect and are affected by those around us. Time to order the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, it reminds me of the scripture where it says Faith, hope and love remain, but the greatest of these is love. Very refreshing to read a book where you feel you care about what happens to all the characters. It blessed me.

5.0 out of 5 stars The reason by William sirls, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Reason (Kindle Edition)
I saw this book by chance after reading crossroads by William p young. And I am so pleased I clicked on it on my kindle. I am not religious but have , a,strong faith. This book is a beautiful story about faith, love, trust, Grace, friendship, fear, loss and hope.
A fascinating read. A wonderful story that leaves you believing in a greater power.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa896e930)

The Reason
The Reason by William Sirls (Paperback - 8 Aug 2012)
8.23