Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 March 2009
Total and utter disappointment! This is not, as I expected, a new book, but just Divas Don't Knit under a different title! Having thoroughly enjoyed Divas, and Needles and Pearls, I was so pleased to see this new title, and pre-ordered it. What a waste of money! I am annoyed that there was no way of knowing about this before I purchased the book. I am also annoyed that one of my favourite authors has allowed this to happen.
1111 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2009
This book is Diva's don't knit under another title.
Re-titling a book and publishing less than 2 years after the original is published in the UK is just a con trick to get more money from un-suspecting readers.
I would have hoped that this author would have had more integrity than this.
33 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2009
I was absolutley flabergasted when I recieved the eagerly awaited new book by Gil McNeil, which I thought may have been the 3rd in the Knitting series, only to find it is Divas don't knit under a new title!
This certainly has put my confidence in the publishers at rock bottom, money making gimmick?
22 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2009
A real disapointment. I thought this was the third in the series only to discover it was Divas re-realeased with a new title. A huge disapointment as there was no way on knowing when I pre-ordered it. I am suprised at both the author and publisher.
on 12 April 2009
Pre-ordered this book which I eagerly awaited. It just a re-release of Divas dont Knit under a completely different title. I hold the author and amazon at fault for not warning readers about this when ordering.
on 19 April 2010
I cannot believe that the publishers and author allowed this book to be printed so soon under another title. It is a total con and they should be ashamed of themselves!
I have really enjoyed all of Gil McNeil's previous books but will not be buying another one! I also think Amazon could have made some reference to it being the same book as Divas.
on 4 January 2010
I love her books i've read them all and stupidly I thought like so many other's there was finally a 3rd in the series of this knitting novel.. But know Divas Don't Knit under a different title...
Someones getting very rish and we're getting poorer and more frustrated looking... In future i'll not pre order but wait for the reviews or visit the book shop to double check... I'm very cross..
on 12 October 2011
Luckily I read the comments here and didn't order the book, thankyou to all who left reviews. And I have to say - what a dreadful wordy title to republish under. What was wrong with the original?
on 18 January 2010
I totally agree with the other reviewers, renaming a book and offering it for resale without giving warning to the people who buy your books is disgraceful, having enjoyed all of Miss McNeills books before, I too was keen to read the new installment, only to find it was an old book! I cannot believe that the Auther was unaware of this particular SCAM and I will no longer purchase any books with her name on the front cover!
on 12 February 2010
When I saw there was a new book, I scrolled down to see the blurb for the new episodes. Reading the blurb made me realise it was a re-release of "Divas don't Knit" so I didn't buy it. Not rocket science! As far as I could see, it had been re-titled for the US market. So I for one am not disappointed in Gil McNeill. She is a single parent trying to make a living like the rest of us. Look forward to the real third book though and wish it would hurry up!