5.0 out of 5 stars by the end I was in tears
Published on 3 Sept. 2009 by PPS

1.0 out of 5 stars Is that it?
Carlson's "Don't sweat the small stuff" is of course a classic but this book was disappointing. I finished it and thought "Is that it?". I doubt if Carlson ever intended the letter to his wife, on which this book is based, to be a book and you can see why - it doesn't make for a great read. To be honest their smugness gets a little on my nerves and not a whole lot is said...
Published on 5 July 2011 by Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars by the end I was in tears, 3 Sept. 2009
take from my title what you will, but this book has forced a massive wedge into my heart and into my life..I wedge I was in much need of...life is running away from me and i'm running as fast as i can to catch it up..its like The Fast Shows 'competitve dad' sketch, where he's always in front dragging his family behind...but now..now I realise how much i need to slow down, spend the time i am throwing needlessly away, because I may only have an hour left to live..to say ...something.. to someone..

I recommend this book as a quick evening's read, that will change your life..it has mine..

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best, 22 Feb. 2009
Mr. John P. Nutburn (Stockport, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
Got this book initially through the library and read it one evening - i loved it so much friends now have it as presents. It reminds me very much of Mitch Albom writing with some really nice touches and makes you put the book down and reflect on this rat race life that we so often lead. I have walked away with a different view of whats important in life and also to make each day count with the ones you love. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 28 Jun. 2008
Of course we know how sweet and transient life can be but always need to be reminded of it. This to the point book makes you think and focus just that little (needed) bit more.

I read it in bed at night, woke up and went for lunch (ie ASAP) at the expensive wonderful Indian restaurant I had been pondering over for 2 years! I then bought copies for all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars short sweet and life affirming, 2 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
I read this book in an hour or so. It reads more like a very personal letter than a book. Excellent writing, simple, touching, life-affirming. Admittedly I'm a weepie, but it had me in tears afterwards. Truly touching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think..., 11 Jun. 2009
Ms. Sarah V. Cumming (Highlands, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
This book and the story with it, touched me very deeply. It really helped with my thinking process... I highly recommend this book if you are a lover of Richard Carlson. For those of us who are on emotional journey's this one is a quick read but a very direct thought provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational book, 10 Nov. 2012
Mrs. A. Thomas "Angela Thomas" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
I came across this book by accident and I am so glad I did. I have ready many motivational books over the years, this one although it is a short book which I read in a very short time, the message couldn't be clearer.
The price was very good and I am going to buy more copies for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book!, 10 Jan. 2013
I recently lost my husband and he couldn't bring himself to say his final goodbyes, I wish he had its so important to people you leave behind. What he did say to me was don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! Reading this book brought his words back to me! Richard Carlson was an amazing writer his wisdom was beyond his years.... I thank him for making me remember the small things that count!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hour to live and Hour to Love, 23 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
A brilliant book that really puts life in prospective, would definately recommend that people take the time to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
I absolutely loved this little book.
A very quick read, but wonderfully entertaining and thought provoking.
I read it straight through and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
I shared it with a friend of mine because it's the sort of book that everyone should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, 9 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this read. Very moving and there were many moments of tears of sadness and of joy. Have passed it on to family, who am sure will enjoy just as much as I did.

Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN
Hour to Live an Hour to Love, AN by Kristine Carlson (Hardcover - 28 April 2008)