Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 November 2006
I bought this book having next to no idea on its actual content, except for the fact that the front cover is completely covered in orange fur (note; keep the plastic packaging...the book does tend to malt). Being a huge fan of the musical I was surprised and then some about this book. It has absolutely everything you need to know about how the show was concieved, the composers and even cut-scenes that didn't quite make the finished production. If you are a fan of the musical I couldn't recommend this book enough. Full of gorgeous pictures and photos the book is very much value for money. Highly HIGHLY recommended.
on 27 September 2010
I have been an Avenue Q fan for ages, and was delighted to find out about this book! I was really pleased (and surprised) to find there was a book for this musical, and as somone approaching adulthood, upon hearing this book 'helps prepare you for adult life' I thought it's guideance could come in useful. And upon getting it this book turned out to be even better than I had expected!

This book truly has every thing an Avenue Q fan could want and more! The book has information on everything from how the musical was conceived, to why the characters are designed they way they are. It features cast interveiws, character profiles (well dating profiles actually, but same-difference) the COMPLETE script and some gorgous colour images taken from the show. There is also some great extra's, such as games like 'Are you a Homowhatever?', and lessons on the emotions you can look foward to experiencing as an adult; apathy, fear, depression, mania and lust. Well, I'm 16 going on 17 and I'm already experiancing those emotions. Well, maybe not the last one, but the first three.

One of the things I do really love about this book is how, keeping with the feel of the musical, this book is purposefully dressed up to look like a childs book. From it's fluffy cover, to bright illustrations and cheerful fonts and colours, at first glance it really does look like a childs book. But then you look again,and see that it really isn't. Each page of the book is well illustrated with colour photos and illustrations alike, and the illustrations surprised me by actually being very good. They very much capture the essence of the characters, and are also very amusing!

So, in short, if you are an Avenue Q fan, I really can not recommend this book enough! If you love this musical, do make sure to buy this book, it is well worth the money!
on 4 October 2015
Gorgeous book! I'm already familiar with the show, and I'm seeing it next year, but now that I've read this book I feel like I will appreciate and love the show a lot more. An absolute must for anyone who has seen or will see the show, or anyone who loves the show and wants to know more! It includes beautiful concept art and why they designed certain characters the way they did, and all of the behind the scenes of the show. However, if you're buying just for the script, I'd recommend getting another book, as (whilst this does include the script), is mainly for behind the scenes, and you may want something smaller.
on 18 March 2014
Very nicely packaged book for all Avenue Q fans. Includes the full libretto for the
Broadway musical. Can't recommend it highly enough!
on 22 June 2011
There's not much more I can add to the details Amazon already provide.

This book is big, bold, furry and colourful... a bit like the show! It tells you all about how the show was created. The script is a nice touch. The games at the end are a little silly, but help stick to the mock-child atmosphere of the show.

I would say this is probably aimed at people aged 20-40. I just can't see a 50 year old person enjoying the book (unless they were a HUGE fan of the show).
on 2 January 2014
I Loved this book and the delivery was in perfect time for Xmas. The book was sent in a protective cover that ensured it's pristine condition.
on 31 December 2015
One for the fans!
on 22 January 2007
well were do i begin the book is coverd in oragne fur!! how amazing ok it does malt so u could etha shave it or just keep it in the plastic packaging the later is more adivised. the book is filled with everything u need 2 know about avenue Q from were it all began, the plot, song lyrics, charachters and sooo much more if you no alot about avenue Q thin twice cus ull no a hell of alot more afta reading this book n if you no nothing at all u soon find out lots to! this is a fabulous book of course it has 2 b to acompany AVENUE Q and it is all thanx to jeff marx and bobby lopez and of course the insperation form sesamie street!!