4.0 out of 5 stars More secrets and mysteries, 29 Dec 2013
No More Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Earth 2 Volume 2: The Tower of Fate HC (The New 52) (Hardcover)
This storyline runs through issues #7-12 of DC Comics' `New 52' title Earth 2, collected, along with issue #0, as Earth 2 Volume 2: The Tower of Fate HC (The New 52). As I said of the previous volume - Earth 2 Volume 1: The Gathering HC (The New 52) - the story is exceptionally-well written and drawn, and is as well-produced as the new Justice League title, but with the extra dimension of having the characters under the sole control of the creative team. They can do here in microcosm what the main DC Universe can't do, create a new world. This volume reveals more of the new world, Issue #0 giving us two stories, the first revealing the background of the Luthor-like Terry Sloan, who destroyed half the world to eradicate the Anti-Life Equation, and the people who were infected by it; and the second introduces Michael Holt, but doesn't tell us which one, as he creates a Boom Tube and has a quick wander through time, seeing the `new' heroes of Earth-2 in his future, and an unpleasant encounter with the man we recognise as Terry Sloan.

The rest of the volume sees the World Army, under the unwanted influence of Terry Sloan hunting for our new heroes, while we get a glimpse of a Red Tornado in the background; we discover that the train crash was possibly intended to kill not Alan Scott but his partner; we see the origin - well some of it - of Hawkgirl and how she got the wings - it was at the same time as the new Doctor Fate got his helmet - in the tomb of Nabu... and we meet Wotan, who is after the power of Nabu, which is locked away in the Tower of Fate. We also get to meet Steppenwolf, and his young assistant, Fury - apparently the daughter of Wonder Woman - as they acquire a country to call their own. The title of the next volume - The War - might be a hint of where that story is going. Anyway, our heroes finally start to bond, the real villains start to reveal themselves, and there are a young couple dressed as Mister Miracle and Barda running around.

As I keep saying, this is an exceptionally well written and drawn story, and also has the advantage of carrying no baggage with it. The possibilities are endless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Mar 2014
Dis book is da best ting Mon rid it quickly caz it's very interesting yeah mon I like dis mon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Mar 2014
G. D. Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
This tittle is fast becoming my favourite out of the new 52. new origins of old favourites, new angles on a new earth 2.
this tittle is so cool it gives me chills.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Tower of Fate, 11 Feb 2014
I am enjoying Earth 2 more than Earth 1 at the moment. I would personally have preferred to see the original "Wonders" played out first instead of in flash backs.
Only thing that puzzles me is how the news crews can tell that Doctor Fate is magic just by looking at him.

Earth 2 Volume 2: The Tower of Fate HC (The New 52)
Earth 2 Volume 2: The Tower of Fate HC (The New 52) by James Robinson (Hardcover - 15 Oct 2013)
15.19