5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, even better continuation, 9 Sep 2013
I loved this reboot of the Supergirl title right from the first time I read it. The way they kept the same classic character with a few new twists is great.

My only issue is that this volume seemed a little slower paced than the first, but maybe that's what they intended. Giving a bit more time to developing Kara's character.

On the whole, this was a very enjoyable read for a longtime Supergirl fan. I'm not quite sure where this series is going, but that's half the fun. Can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent new chapter of the new Supergirl series, 5 April 2014
Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Supergirl Volume 2: Girl in the World TP (The New 52) (Paperback)
The story running through issues #8-12 of DC Comics' New 52 series of Supergirl is collected, along with issue #0, as Supergirl Volume 2: Girl in the World TP (The New 52). The first volume saw Supergirl finding her feet on Earth, and quickly being knocked off them by men in battle-armour, billionaire industrialist/mad scientists and Doomsday's siblings. Standing in the middle of battle-scarred New York, she is now rescued from the US Army by an Oirish girl called Siobhan, with an Oirish accent (and white hair), from Oirland, who is able to speak Kryptonese (but with what sort of accent we are not told), due to her special affinity with sound and language. They flee the scene of the recent troubles and Supergirl soon finds herself the flatmate of her fellow immigrant. We soon discover that Siobhan has a troubled past, that comes looking for her in the shape of her father, the Black Banshee, and long-time Supergirl readers can probably work out the rest, though it is an exceptionally good rest. Later, a super-tech agent of our mad scientist from the previous volume comes looking for Kara, which sends her to Cousin Superman for help in working out why. After a tour of the Fortress of Solitude, they work out that Kara' pod had been in orbit around the sun for many years, hence her supercharged powers. They also discover that a chunk of it fell in the sea after breaking-up on entry to the atmosphere, and Kara goes looking for it, only to find that her mad scientist has got there first...

Issue #0 is the story of the last days of Krypton, as seen by Zor-El, and we get a lot of stuff filled in that we have only seen hints of up till now - the cloning of the Doomsdays, the mystery of the fifth clone, Kara's pod, and how Argo City survived - though not its subsequent history... This is a story that really does fit in to the continuity of Supergirl at the exact point we have reached with this volume, which must have been meticulously planned.

This is an excellent new chapter of the new Supergirl series, with great art and scripting. The only `problem' I have, is that facially, Superman is drawn more like a Superboy, which makes the view we get in issue #0 of someone in the red `Superboy' costume ambiguous, to say the least, especially as, in my review of Superman: H'El on Earth HC (The New 52) (Superman (DC Comics)), I suggested that we might be getting a `Superman's Return to Krypton' story after reading the ending... Time will tell, and I am looking forward to the next volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 1 Jan 2014
Super girl is back, just when I was getting to really like supergirl again they go and change the entire universe. This supergirl has a lot more scope and I look forward to seeing how she handles her new life!!! Thanks DC!!

Supergirl Volume 2: Girl in the World TP (The New 52)
Supergirl Volume 2: Girl in the World TP (The New 52) by Michael Green (Paperback - 23 July 2013)