Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 June 2013
This is a beautiful hardcover edition of watchmen. The same height as the 'batman the killing joke' deluxe edition, with the same quality extras (including new sketches). Was back and fourth between this and the absolute edition, and decided it was the better option on price. Then was amazed when opening and found how well made it is. Also the choice to purchase this over the absolute edition was further validated because it has the same recolored pages as the absolute edition. Its size is great because it is larger(being a deluxe edition) than a regular graphic novel, but smaller than the over sized absolute edition. To sum up, buy this. If you want a better copy of watchmen (compared to the worn out paperback editions) this is by far the best value for money.
on 7 November 2014
I ordered this for my son who is a big fan of this type of comic book.

I was impressed with quality of book when it arrived, as I had thought it rather expensive!

My son disappeared to his bedroom and thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, my other son has since read it and enjoyed it as much.
on 1 July 2014
a masterclass in writing and the best graphic novel you can buy. The hard cover version is very solid and worth the extra money
on 30 March 2016
The Best graphic novel ever - nice edition to replace my original well thumbed copy
on 8 January 2014
I first encountered the watchmen story through the recent film. I've never bought graphic novels before but I decided to try this one out as I liked the film and the originality of the story and I have to say I was extremely pleased with it. This novel/book/comic has completely transformed my view of this format, which I'm ashamed to admit, was that it was a little simplistic. I was sceptical that you could communicate complex emotions and concepts through a format which allowed a minimal amount of text but the illustrations in this novel add a different kind of depth, and fleshed out the world expertly. Overall, an excellent read.
on 26 July 2013
Watchmen is one of the best and compelling graphic novels that I have read to date. In my opinion the primary reason for this is because of the vast difference in the characters that Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore have created, these most definitely ain't no ordinary super heroes. For example take Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias), a globally established, successful individual, considered the most intelligent person on earth. Compare these attributes to Rorschach's character who offers a much grittier, psychotic and morally obsessed crime fighter. You could not ask for two more different masked crusaders, yet it works incredibly well. For me that's what made Watchmen so unique and believable, the fact that what if super heroes were real, and passed through generations, something similar to Watchmen would most likely be the outcome.

The deluxe edition contains all twelve original issues of Watchmen, as well as excerpts from various third party sources between each chapter and some early production sketches from the artist, which are not included in the TBP edition.
on 28 January 2016
This is the perfect gift for any fan of graphic novels. The print quality is excellent and the hard cover means that this will be a favourite for a long time to come.
on 7 February 2016
Believe the hype.Not just the greatest graphic novel ever written,but one of the greatest novels ever written.Peerless.
on 8 November 2014
Wonderful, came very quickly and it was in mint condition. I loved reading it and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 21 September 2014
Best comic novel I've ever read. The captions and the illustrations are amazing.The story is perfectly written.