5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent opening volume
Published 7 months ago by Mr. Mice Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars I really wanted to like this and give it more than three stars
I really wanted to like this and give it more than three stars. The artwork is really nice, and it has a good, solid story. I enjoyed reading it for the most part...

BUT I was really, really disappointed that Starfire (pictured as one of a three-person team on the front cover) seemed to mostly play the role of sexy eye candy. Seriously? It's 2014! When we have...
Published 4 months ago by Kayleigh Ward

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent opening volume, 3 May 2014
Mr. Mice Guy (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1: REDemption TP (Paperback)
The story running through issues #1-7 of DC Comics' New 52 series Red Hood and the Outlaws is collected as Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1: REDemption TP. This is an excellently scripted and illustrated story, that illuminates the history of each of the three main characters as the story unfolds, so that we know just how much of the `old' characters has made it into the New 52, and the answer seems to be enough of it (a few minor tweaks here and there) that these are still the Jason Todd, Roy Harper and Koriand'r that we once knew.

In this story, the three are drawn together by accident, and then into an adventure that explores the `new' aspects of Jason Todd's life, drawn from his days training with a mystical martial arts sect that I've never heard of before, which Talia al Ghul had enrolled him in following his resurrection. This is serious revision, but fits in to a hole in his back-story seamlessly. Koriand'r now has a few new (?) alien characteristics, such as a different sort of memory to humans, so while she can remember that there was someone called Nightwing in her past, it has no relevance to her life today (though Jason is livid at the sight of Dick's old uniforms in her wardrobes). I really don't know much about Roy Harper's life after his days as Speedy, or even whether `Speedy' was deleted in a previous Crisis.

Anyway, this is an all-action non-stop action-adventure sort of story, with extra violence and adult innuendo, so be warned. And then go and read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid start, 20 Feb 2014
I came into this book because I like Batman and I wanted another read within the batfamily and although I wasn't too stoked on the nightwing book, I really enjoyed this, they made redhood a fresh feeling character and I understood and emphasised with his plight, the comedy in it is well balanced and doesn't feel forced or too stupid, it has some mint action and character development and I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes a witty, laid back and fun character. I have to admit I really do like this character

4.0 out of 5 stars My review, 31 Dec 2013
After reading I was amazed of how awesome red hood is now although I think the change to starfire was quite bad ,but apart from that it's a great read

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 28 Dec 2013
Great art work, interesting storyline, only problem was that it wasn't long enough. Definitely worth the money, looking for vol.2.

4.0 out of 5 stars red hood and the outlaws volume 1, 15 Dec 2013
ah cool a new comic reveals the red hood and the outlaws volume 1 , one of the greatest new scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Aug 2013
I love this book a great take on Jason todds story as he is more of an anti hero rather then a villain as seen before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Start to a promising new series!, 6 Jun 2013
I was weary to buy this comic at first as I have heard many bad things being said about the way StarFire was portrayed in it. (being female myself it was very off putting) However I caved in and decided to give it ago... I felt so foolish for not picking this up sooner, yes StarFire is portrayed in a sexual way but who cares when the action and story are great!

Being a fan of DC already I knew of the characters and there back-stories; however this comic is a great intro and you don't really need to know everything to enjoy the story, as everything is introduced at the start.

I knocked off a star as this is aimed for guys who like action and lots of it. Usually not my thing in the comic world but the art work is awesome and the story/characters are nicely written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome introduction to the new 52 introduction of Jason Todd and Roy Harper, 29 May 2013
This book is awesome. I was familiar with Jason Todd/Red Hood from the books Death in the family and under the hood. I was not so sure about Roy Harper. So this book was the perfect starting point. I am hooked and pre-ordered the second volume, and brought the individual issues. Well recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's wha I love the NEW 52, 24 May 2013
This book is definetly worth a try, the storyline is great, very enjoyable, the characters are likable and funny when needed, the art is fantastic, it’s good to look at. I recommend this book to anyone who loves comics or just interested in getting to know the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason Todd Rules!, 20 Mar 2013
Really fantastic addition to the New 52, Great Artwork and really fun to read. It's totally diffrent to all the other Batman related books and feels new and freash. Can't wait for the next one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1:  REDemption TP
Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1: REDemption TP by Scott Lobdell (Paperback - 20 Nov 2012)