on 15 March 2016
The best graphic novel of all time.
on 7 April 2015
Gave is as a gift. Was a success.
on 27 March 2002
Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons did the impossible: they destroyed the super-hero. They proved with this that comics were not just for kids, but something adults could enjoy as well. From beggining to shock ending, this book has you hooked. This book set a standard other comics tried to live up to for ages. Some of Alan Moore's best work, that everybody should read.
on 6 August 2015
My husband loved it, great book
on 7 January 2015
Very satisfied with the product
on 18 October 2014
i love it very impressed indeed
on 8 February 2013
Most of the people reading this review will have seen the movie by now. I myself have read the book after I had seen the film and in my opinion, I must stress that this is my own opinion, the book is an aid for the movie. I feel that this book is very well written and illustrated and is a marvel of graphic novels (by which i mean if you are going to buy a graphic novel it should probably be this). However, and i say again this is strictly my personal opinion, it is simply a study aid to the movie. This means that the movie, I found, was better executed yet done in a medium that demands concise story telling. This did not allow all of the stories details to be conveyed. and for this reason i believe that this book is a definate must for all fans of the film. A great deal more background information is conveyed for those precious few worthy of investing their time. So rock on my brothers and go full on geek in this case! Fans of the movie, and I do mean hardcore fans, should spend the money and get a goodly portion of extra info on this well made alternate reality.
Till next time ladies and gents ;)
on 10 April 2009
I seem to have come at Watchmen backwards. I saw the film in the cinema before I ever read the graphic novel.
Since this is a review of the novel I will ignore the movie, however I have found the novel an easy read having already seen the movie, as I have the characters and basic plot in my mind already.
OK - 1st up, this book should have a certificate like a film would. It is not suitable for anyone under 15 in my opinion, and I am not particularly draconian in my views. The violence and sexual themes (even as a cartoon) would not make it past a 9 pm watershed on the BBC!
As an alternate history novel I find it a compelling read and the character development is foremost in the authors' style.
The presentation using "comic" style graphics as well as traditional narrative script works very well and it doesn't feel like you are reading a comic as opposed to a well illustrated story.
I haven't finished it yet, but reading it in 15 minute snips before bed proves that it is easy to take it slowly rather than an extreme page turner that grips you and stops you sleeping.
Hence the 4/5.
on 11 April 2015
Good quick delivery, happy.
on 20 October 2014
As a fan of the film, I was curious about the book that it was derived from. I can't say that I'm disappointed either way. The book is excellent and the changes and differences made for the film are quite understandable. The book actually fills in a few gaps in the movie story and helps you to appreciate how difficult it must be to convert a well loved book into a blockbuster film.

A warning - the book (less so than the film) does contain scenes of graphic violence, so sensitive souls might want to give this a miss. However, if you liked the film, you'll probably love the comic book.

The book, being in a comic format, definitely needs to be seen on a colour capable reader like a Kindle Fire or a tablet or pc app as a monochrome reader just won't do it justice.