4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Animation, good for youngest viewers
Published 19 months ago by Pubble

3.0 out of 5 stars This was for our Junior Church.
The children like to watch the cartoon format, they found it easy to follow and didn't figit or look bored.
Published 10 months ago by Mrs. Rowena Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Animation, good for youngest viewers, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
I have been looking for a range of dvds for children showing the life of Jesus. This animation is very suitable for the tinies. I like the British made 'the Miracle Maker' much more as it is more complex and sophisticated whle still animated (with an amazing cast of famous names), but it is probably more for slightly older children as it is models rather than cartoons. It is a little bit too American for my taste as not just the accent but the intonation is different to English; but children are used to Disney etc so it will probably not bother them. At times it does seem a bit slow and slightly lethargic which I think spoils it. I would prefer more energy for young children, but I still think this is probably the best dvd I have discovered for a very young audience with a good script and choice of how to prtray the story sensitively.

25 minutes is spent on the birth of Jesus, then moving on to Jesus' adulthood starting with him reading in the Temple, choosing the disciples, miracles, last supper, trial and crucifiction suitable for a young audience, unfortunately inexplicably missing Mary's meeting with Jesus outside the tomb until after the men have discover the empty tomb which is a strange departure from the bible - but most of the stories are well told and close to the Bible version. The resurrection includes the road to Emmmaus, meeting Jesus by lake Galilee, "Simon Peter, do you love me?" and the ascension. "I will continue with you to the end of the world" with an introduction to the Holy Spirit.

A touch of humour now and then adds to the child-friendliness and appeal, as do the two bunnies who appear from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Movie, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
Bought this for teaching RE to 4 - 7 year olds and they love it. The older children love it too - so it was a good buy. This is my second copy as it is now so much in demand that I need a another copy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
Best cartoon about Jesus I've seen, and I've seen quite a lot of them. My kids (4.5 and 2 years old) love it and watch it over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 3 Mar 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
KIDS LOVE IT ....WIFE TEACHES KIDZ CLUB AT SUNDAY SCHOOL ..
BRILLIANT DVD , WOULD RECOMMEND TO LET KIDS WATCH

5.0 out of 5 stars great for toddlers!, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
My girl 18 months loves to watch this DVD! It is so simple and well made at the same time, great for her age!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a must!, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
Absolutely brilliant. So pleased. I have 3 sons aged 13yrs 4yrs & 16mths and they all enjoyed the DVD of our wonderful saviour. We need more DVDs like this as children can learn a lot through viewing. It's a nice change from reading scriptures. My husband & I enjoyed it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
I bought this for my 4 yr old nefew, I know he will love, I would definitely reccommend. Great stocking filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus the movie, 22 Sep 2012
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
Hi I brought this dvd for my sunday school class when I showed it to them they really enjoyed it. Im happy with purchase and the item was as described.

3.0 out of 5 stars This was for our Junior Church., 20 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars brainwashing nonsense, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] (DVD)
Really? This is just awful nonsense. If I could have given this 0 stars I would have. Avoid this and try Monty Python's Life of Brian instead

JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC]
JESUS MOVIE THE DVD [NTSC] by Thomas Nelson Publishers (DVD - 2010)
3.31